• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mega Man Battle Network Legacy Collection is coming to PS4, Nintendo Switch and Steam

Draugoth

Gold Member
FWV4Kb8WQAEMCxp

EDMIX

Writes a lot, says very little
Sweet, this will be another cool Mega Man collection to add to my Switch collection. :messenger_heart:

Hi-Resolution filter.

John Candy Lol GIF

I was thinking the same thing, but I don't really know how they'll handle BC with Switch 2 or what ever they'll call it, so its PS4 for me until we get info on a Switch successor. I like knowing my physical copy can continue to work on PS4 to PS5 etc, so I think I'll feel better about collecting some classics when we get that reveal or something for longevity. I really like this series on Nintendo set ups too lol

lh032 lh032 yup, I think its inevitable at this point. Legends 1 and 2 and Misadventures of Tron Bonne etc

Last edited:

alf717

Just realized this will not include Battle Network 4.5 Real Operation. I'm sure there will be a Japanese release of this game and if so and the games are in English minus 4.5 I may go with that version. I wonder if they will go with the WiiU versions where you don't have to net battle a buddy to get extra rare chips and if they will include any cut content from the Japanese original releases. I guess I can hope for that but my expectations are in the gutter for that content.

Edit:
Whelp nevermind, just saw the JP trailer and no mention of 4.5.

Last edited:

yurinka

Holy fuck theres 10 games??! Lol. I was only familiar with a couple gameboy ones
They are 6 games. But the 4 newest ones have a slightly alternative version with minor changes, like the Pokemon games.

I played one of them that came with my GameCube back in the day, I never beat it though.
That one, Mega Man Network Transmission, isn't included in this collection. The history of that one was set between two of the games included in the collection: Mega Man Battle Network 1 & 2.

Last edited:
Had to login for this one. This one hurts bad... I've been screaming from the rooftops for this game to be brought back to modern consoles forever. Been saying it this whole gen that this series needs to be brought back. One of the greatest games I've ever played, the first two. Super clever, impeccably well designed, so far ahead of their time.

This one is a legit kick to the soul that it isn't coming to xbox, but this is why I have multiple systems. This one is definitely being bought for my switch at least. Hell, may even grab it on the PS5 also. But anybody who hasn't played these, at least the first 2 owes it to themselves. Some of my all-time favorite gaming experiences.

anthony2690

They are 6 games. But the 4 newest ones have a slightly alternative version with minor changes, like the Pokemon games.

That one, Mega Man Network Transmission, isn't included in this collection. The history of that one was set between two of the games included in the collection: Mega Man Battle Network 1 & 2.
That's a shame, I quite enjoyed that at the time on the GameCube.

What platforms did all these other ones land on?

As I'm actually surprised to find out there is so many! XD

yurinka

I remember to have a blast with the first one. Super clever turn based game, really fun, with an awesome character design for the enemies and a great OST.

That's a shame, I quite enjoyed that at the time on the GameCube.

What platforms did all these other ones land on?

As I'm actually surprised to find out there is so many! XD
The 6 ones included in the collection were released on GBA.

The Mega Man Battle Network games were nown in Japan as Rockman.EXE). There's also Mega Man Battle Chip Challenge, an spin-off released both in GBA and under another name (Rockman.EXE N1 Battle, I think it was a Japan only release) for Wonder Swan.

There is a 3rd game of the series not included in the compilation: Rockman.EXE 4.5 Real Operation, a Japan only release which I think it was basically Mega Man Battle Network 4 with the main new feature that later was introduced in MMBN5.

Last edited:
Top Bottom