• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mega Man Battle Network Legacy Collection is coming to PS4, Nintendo Switch and Steam

Klayzer

Gold Member
I don't see many Japanese developed games going to Xbox...unless they get that Gamepass bag
It feels kind of scummy, that Microsoft, have to pay Japanese publishers up front to have their games on the Xbox platform. Nintendo and Sony seemingly doesn't have to barter at all.

NanaMiku

It feels kind of scummy, that Microsoft, have to pay Japanese publishers up front to have their games on the Xbox platform. Nintendo and Sony seemingly doesn't have to barter at all.
Xbox still doesn't sell very much in Japan, so many Japanese developers see it a small install base.

Klayzer

Gold Member
Xbox still doesn't sell very much in Japan, so many Japanese developers see it a small install base.
Xbox Japan, doesn't really have anything to do with how well a title will sell to the Western fanbase. You can't get sales if you exclude products from potential customers.

NanaMiku

Xbox Japan, doesn't really have anything to do with how well a title will sell to the Western fanbase. You can't get sales if you exclude products from potential customers.
True, but still, I think they first think about the fanbase in their own country. The first Xbox also have some exclusive games from Japan but didn't sell very much, especially in their own country.

Klayzer

Gold Member
True, but still, I think they first think about the fanbase in their own country. The first Xbox also have some exclusive games from Japan but didn't sell very much, especially in their own country.
Well, I just think its short sided view by some of the Japanese publishers. Of coarse there other factors why they don't bring over certain releases.

NanaMiku

Well, I just think its short sided view by some of the Japanese publishers. Of coarse there other factors why they don't bring over certain releases.
They tried making games with more western appeal (Ace Combat Assault Horizon), but it backfired.

I think Capcom saw the data that their more "Japanese" games are sold better on PS4, Switch, and PC. It's not their first time too. The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles also didn't release on Xbox.

Klayzer

Gold Member
They tried making games with more western appeal (Ace Combat Assault Horizon), but it backfired.

I think Capcom saw the data that their more "Japanese" games are sold better on PS4, Switch, and PC. It's not their first time too. The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles also didn't release on Xbox.
I'm definitely not going to deny the numbers. Sometimes, it just feels random, which games end up coming to Xbox.

NahaNago

Had no idea that there were this many battle network games. I'll probably jump on this since I vaguely remember enjoying one or 2 of these games.

PhaseJump

Banned
I'm in on Steam Deck. I think I'm going to totally stop buying anything on Xbox now, since their shit-tier fake-E3.

reksveks

Getting to a world where every major jp release looks like its coming to steam and/or pc.

Hopefully Altus don't fuck it up with the next drop.

On the xbox issue,
1) my purchasing behaviour largely depends on if its on playanywhere. I will probably end up getting p5r on xbox for that reason
2) xbox unfortunately needs to do the 'hard work' of constantly trying to cultivate a user base that wants Japanese games. They can do it via GP imo but whether they keep it up who know. Personally I look like I will be fine cause I have a Steamdeck.

stickkidsam

Gold Member
AWWW YIIIISSSS!!

Let’s fuckimg DO THIS! I never thought I’d get to see these little treasures again. I still wish chip battling was real…

kunonabi

I own the Mega Man classic and Mega Man X collections, as well as the Zero/Zero X collection, all on Steam. Have played several of the games. No major issues.
When I was looking into buying them it sounded like they were buggy and had some horrendous input lag.

When I was looking into buying them it sounded like they were buggy and had some horrendous input lag.
I think the PlayStation version has a bit of input lag issues. But of course the biggest culprit, by FAR, is the Switch version which is horrendous in that regard. So yeah if the Switch is your only having platform, stay away.

I think the issue is most pronounced with the first Mega Man X Collection (the one with X - X4 on it) on Switch, where the input lag for Mega Man X is so laughably bad that tech reviewers actually recommend against that version.

Last edited:

Kataploom

Gold Member
RTYBoq9.png

its 2 for digital as well
Damn it's also coming to CAPCOM, gonna get on there... Does anyone know where to buy a CAPCOM?

Last edited:

Gambit2483

Blame MS for not making a bigger push in the Japanese market..? If they're not even cracking the top 50 in Japan then most publishers are going to be hard pressed to find a reason to continue supporting them

kevm3

Props to capcom for at least trying to make their older titles available for people to play.

We need the breath of fire collection next

Top Bottom