• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid 3DS or Snake Eater for PS2?

Deerock71

I'm a staunch Nintendo advocate, and I played the 3DS version, but I'd still say the PS2 version would likely be the better option. You get more than three baddies on your screen in the 3DS version, a n d. i. t. s. t. a. r. t. s. s. l. o. w. i. n. g. d. o. w. n.

Astral Dog

I remember how impressive(compared to previous Nintendo handhelds) the 3DS tech demo looked at the time , night and day difference with the final version

MarkMe2525

I remember how impressive(compared to previous Nintendo handhelds) the 3DS tech demo looked at the time , night and day difference with the final version

That's really cool and I have never seen it. I am going to see if i can find that tech demo to experience it in 3D.

violence

Gold Member
On the 3DS, I heard the 3D effect gets disabled after big boss loses his eye. That’s a pretty funny detail and probably the entire reason the port exists.

diffusionx

Gold Member
That's all you really need.

3Ds version can not even be played at moderately high level, because its missing fundamental mechanics.
People say it plays better because it has over the shoulder aim, but it actually plays worse because of it. It's a clunky mess. I mean, unless you are the most casual of the casuals and have zero abilities to adapt to any kind of non-standard gameplay mechanics.

MGS 1 to 3 are not your standard TPS games, never were, never attempted to be, and you get the absolute best experience when you play them as they were designed to be played in the first place.
Nobody is playing this or anything else at a high level for their first time through though.

phant0m

Hot take: PS2 Subsistence on emulator. Crank that internal resolution, drop in some post-processing filters if you like and you’ll have a great time

SenkiDala

The HD version on 360/PS3 ? Is it enhanced for the XSX ? I have it but haven't launched it on XSX.

But no, the 3DS version no, MGS3 is certainly not a game made to be experienced on a 3 inches screen.

Top Bottom