• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid: Master Collection Vol. 1 coming to NintendoSwitch on 24/10 | Nintendo Direct

Be interesting to see how these turn out on the Switch and if there's enough of an upgrade to buy these again. Already got MGS HD on Vita & the 3D version of Snake Eater on 3DS, so pretty much covered on the go

SCB3

While very cool .. this is something I hope comes to steam as well. I rather have all the old school collections on steam.
It was announced for Steam when revealed but I wonder if it includes the NES games, as far as I know Snakes Revenge isn't on any digital store

dotnotbot

They are really gonna include wobbly emulated ps1 version huh? Instead of taking PC version and improving it? Lazy AF

I wonder what the the OG MGS is based on, emulated PS version or port of PC version?

Hint

83XM.gif

Not even widescreen

Last edited:
Day one, on Xbox or PS5.

I don’t think I ever played Snakes Revenge, but I remember MG on NES being hard as fuck.

Last edited:

RagnarokIV

Waiting for this will be the longest 4 months of my life.
Also, did Nintendo's upload just spill that it includes Snake's Revenge and the NES Metal Gear too?

Kabelly

personally i never have had the opportunity to play these games so just having this collection coming out in general is a blessing. very excited it's finally getting ported to modern consoles.

yurinka

Volume 2 with PW, 4 and 5?
I see more likely being:
  • Metal Gear Ghost Babel
  • Metal Gear Ac!d
  • Metal Gear Ac!d 2
  • Metal Gear Portable Ops
  • Metal Gear Peace Walker
MGSV already is on PS4/PS5, XBO/Series and PC, so I think they won't include it in a collection.

MGS4 would require a complete port/remaster remaking its code from scratch, can't be simply emulated on current gen consoles. That would require too much money, so instead of selling it inside a collection, I think it would make more sense to release it as a separate remaster/remake.

They are making a MGS3 remake now, so I assume that if the collection and the remake performs well in sales they'd remake MGS1 and MGS2 before remaking MGS4.

Last edited:

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
It was announced for Steam when revealed but I wonder if it includes the NES games, as far as I know Snakes Revenge isn't on any digital store
Snakes Revenge and Metal Gear NES will be included if you buy the full Master Collection Vol 1 on any platform

MAtgS

I see more likely being:
  • Metal Gear Ghost Babel
  • Metal Gear Ac!d
  • Metal Gear Ac!d 2
  • Metal Gear Portable Ops
  • Metal Gear Peace Walker
MGSV already is on PS4/PS5, XBO/Series and PC, so I think they won't include it in a collection.

MGS4 would require a complete port/remaster remaking its code from scratch, can't be simply emulated on current gen consoles. That would require too much money, so instead of selling it inside a collection, I think it would make more sense to release it as a separate remaster/remake.

They are making a MGS3 remake now, so I assume that if the collection and the remake performs well in sales they'd remake MGS1 and MGS2 before remaking MGS4.
Switch could still get a port of the 360 version.

The Stig

Concerned for this port. Looked like the framerate topped out at 30fps.
eh, the HD collection runs at 60fps on ps3, im sure it'll be fine

edit - also the topic title is misleading, its coming to all the main platforms

Last edited:

CamHostage

Pretty surprising to me how much is packed into this. The three games, of course, but also the MSX and NES games (just ROMs but still unexpected on the NES titles,) and then the digital comics and all the extra artwork and music features. Will have to see how the emulation works out, but the full package is nicely produced.

yurinka

My favorite game of all time is not stuck on my PS3 anymore, FINALLY.
None of these games was PS3 only.

It includes MSX, NES, PS1 and PS2 games, which later got included in a HD Collection for Vita, PS3, 360 and PC. This seems to be basically that collection ported to current gen consoles and tweaked with some bonus content like guides.

Switch could still get a port of the 360 version.
I assume they'll port the PC version of the Metal Gear HD Collection to all current consoles, sounds like the 'easiest' job.

Last edited:

Gojiira

Yeah they confirmed it on Twitter, looks like the HD collection for sure but re-released.

I want ports of AC!D, don't care. They were fun spin offs
Same for me, AC!D 1 was a perfect game between MGS1 and 2, showing the kinda missions Snake underwent in the interim. Not to mention brought back the fictional nations from MG1/2 as well.

It's been a joke that these games haven't been playable on recent consoles. 20 bucks for MGS individually is criminal. Makes the GTA remaster look good.

Killer8

Pretty surprising to me how much is packed into this. The three games, of course, but also the MSX and NES games (just ROMs but still unexpected on the NES titles,) and then the digital comics and all the extra artwork and music features. Will have to see how the emulation works out, but the full package is nicely produced.

Not too surprising, Konami have been doing excellent work with their ports. The Castlevania and Contra Anniversary collections were fantastic and were done by M2, who are the gold standard developer of ports. The upcoming Suikoden remaster also looks like one of the best HD-2D remasters yet.

People are just far too consumed by their Konami hate boner though to recognize that the company is capable of quality.

Top Bottom