• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metroid Dread |OT| Prime Hour

Davey Cakes

Need help with shine spark please.

How do you manage to jump AND THEN activate it when your in mid air? The activate / jump is tied to the same controller button it seems.

Seen people do it on YT vids but I cannot seem to manage to do it.
I think you just jump with A (but don't hold it) and then press A and B at the same time while holding the control stick in the direction you want to go.

Last edited:

jufonuk

not tag worthy
I have this in my back log looking forward to playing it. Never really played many Metroid games. So kind of a novice. I did other M. parts through fusion.

I have super Metroid on my switch and dredd

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
I cannot beat that Z-57 boss.

Don’t want to throw in the towel now but just cannot get my timings right.

Pejo

Playing through the demo, thinking about buying it. First time running through EMMI zone was something and a breath of fresh air.
Definitely buy it. They lean a little hard on the melee parry move for my tastes, and it's forces you into a VERY linear path for a few hours, but it's still a fantastic game.

Cyberpunkd

Worth every penny. Especially if you liked the EMMI zones (like I do), that seems to be a hurdle for some.
street fighter no GIF by Red Bull

Cyberpunkd

So I finished the demo, it was quite excellent honestly. I don't know how Nintendo does it but every movement and action was so damn responsive.

Pejo

So I finished the demo, it was quite excellent honestly. I don't know how Nintendo does it but every movement and action was so damn responsive.
Yea it's a great game. Above average challenge too, in a world where most games are just "press x to awesome and watch a cutscene".

Cyberpunkd

Got it and made it past the demo. Super fun, I love how responsive everything is, and how the game respects your time - no long exposition cutscenes, just a few moments and bam - you’re in game.

Thaedolus

Gold Member
Got it and made it past the demo. Super fun, I love how responsive everything is, and how the game respects your time - no long exposition cutscenes, just a few moments and bam - you’re in game.
The movement in the game is just second to none. I’ll probably never feel like Super Metroid can be dethroned for best game ever, because it’s just been that for me for 30ish years, but Dread’s controls and responsiveness are just undeniably amazing. And the lack of exposition- so much is conveyed just through Samus’ body language, they really nailed it.

Top Bottom