• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metroid Prime 2 Remake and Fire Emblem 4 Remake to be announced o nthe next Nintendo Direct

Draugoth

Gold Member

61HwKnlkItL.jpg

4chan user who correctly leaked the cowgirl and ninja segments in Princess Peach: Showtime has other leaks for the upcoming february Nintendo Direct​

Source:

The supposed new games are:

• Fire Emblem 4 remake releasing in May
  • Donkey Kong Country is getting a new game for its 30th anniversary
  • Metroid Prime 2 Remastered
  • Grezzo Remake of the Zelda Oracle Games
  • That Good Feel game is getting localized
  • Famicom Detective Club returns as Nintendo Detective Club. Five high school girls must solve vicious crimes that they are personally involved with.

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Gold Member
  • Fire Emblem 4 remake releasing in May - Buy
  • Donkey Kong Country is getting a new game for its 30th anniversary - Instant buy
  • Metroid Prime 2 Remastered - Maybe
  • Grezzo Remake of the Zelda Oracle Games - Buy
  • That Good Feel game is getting localized - I don't know what this is
  • Famicom Detective Club returns as Nintendo Detective Club. Five high school girls must solve vicious crimes that they are personally involved with. - Buy
4 purchases already. This is how Nintendo rolls every year.

Hohenheim

Yes please. I never played Metroid Prime 2 (or 3). Got the Gamecube version after playing the first remake, but can't go back to the controls after getting used to the remaster.

Never played those Zelda games either, so yes please - bring it!

I'll bet they'll sneak in a couple of farming sims in there as well.

OCL

This sound too good to be true

also i hope the next DK game is a 2d plateformer, not something else

Quasicat

I’m all in on this. The only question I have is the Good Feel game that is listed. I had hoped that they were working on a Switch version of Kirby’s Epic Yarn…but perhaps that is just wishful thinking on my part.

Regginator

Do they say something about what kind of remaster MP2 will be? Because the last rumours we had, around last year's summer, said that both MP2 and MP3 will get a remaster but that they won't be from the same level as the MP1 remaster, e.g. they won't have as much work done.

Impotaku

I’m all in on this. The only question I have is the Good Feel game that is listed. I had hoped that they were working on a Switch version of Kirby’s Epic Yarn…but perhaps that is just wishful thinking on my part.
The one from goodfeel is mameda no bakeru sort of a spiritual successor to the ganbare goemon series of games (aka mystical ninja)

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I'll believe it when it actually happens, these all sound too good to be actually true at the same time.

daclynk

• Fire Emblem 4 remake releasing in May
  • Donkey Kong Country is getting a new game for its 30th anniversary
  • Metroid Prime 2 Remastered
  • Grezzo Remake of the Zelda Oracle Games
  • That Good Feel game is getting localized
  • Famicom Detective Club returns as Nintendo Detective Club. Five high school girls must solve vicious crimes that they are personally involved with.

00_Zer0

Damn, if this turns out to be true I will be getting the DKC game, Zelda Oracle game, Prime 2, and the localized version of Otogi Katsugeki Mameda no Bakeru: Oracle Saitarou no Sainan!! which is a spiritual successor to the Konami Goemon games. I was half tempted to get the physical copy of the Goemon style game from Play Asia, but I think I will wait to see if these rumors pan out, because hot damn this is an enticing list of games.

00_Zer0

Tropical freeze 2?

That’s the most hype shit on that list. DKC over time has cemented itself as top 3 platformer franchises.

Plus the soundtrack in TF is ludicrous.
The new DKC game has always been rumored to be from the Odyssey team, which makes sense considering Retro Studios is working on Prime 4.

diffusionx

Gold Member
Oracle games in the engine they made for Links Awakening has always been the most obvious thing. Metroid Prime 2 is also a no-brainer, I do hope it's as comprehensive as the Metroid Prime 1. New DKC would be awesome but they need a top-tier team on it as Retro's games are incredible.

TheChadOfGaming

Neo Member
retro working on prime remasters, prime 4 and donkey king all at once sounds fake
unless the mario teams doing a 3d donkey kong which is hype

Astral Dog

That would be an awesome Direct, wich is why i have doubts, so many times they teased a new DKC game i been dissapointed

Lupin3

Targeting terrorists with a D-Pad
F yes! Never played MP2, and that probably means MP3 is on the horizon as well! Great news!

Astral Dog

Do they say something about what kind of remaster MP2 will be? Because the last rumours we had, around last year's summer, said that both MP2 and MP3 will get a remaster but that they won't be from the same level as the MP1 remaster, e.g. they won't have as much work done.
I think rather than a bundle like they hinted, Nintendo will go for the remaster approach for each game

MP 2 and 3 weren't as popular, but they had critical acclaim and deserve the remaster process, Nintendo wouldn't hype a Metroid Prime 4 and then lazyly port 2 and 3 , they aren't full Remakes either so its doable we will see

It also makes the Metroid fanbase happy without developing full new games,rather than rushed ports qNintendo cares about Metroid, specially after how the remaster of MP1 was recieved

Think like RE0 HD, or Majoras Mask 3D

Top Bottom