• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft and Epic Games Sued Over Video Game Addiction

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
This is when the Terms of Service will get brought up. No one pays attention to that. You just scroll, hit accept, and move on to the game menu.

A lot of it comes from the ignorance of the parents. They don’t educate themselves enough. They come off as being foolish. They can’t pull the power plug or do anything else besides blame someone else. How many parents can tell you what the ESRB is? They blame kids for playing a game intended for adults, but they can be warned ahead of time. How about blocking those services on your home router? If a kid fails at life because they spent too much time playing a game then I question how that kid was raised. I’d put a signal jamming device in my kid’s room before they fail over a video game. That’s nonsense.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Shouldn't parents be aware of what their children are playing? Supervising them, telling them to get off the games when it's time to do other things.
All parents have to do is limit their kids usage of games. No different than when I was a kid. It gets to a point mom and dad say enough and go outside. Parents lack balls now.

As for the additional shit storm of kids going ape shit buying mtx, simple solution. Just lock the credit card behind a passcode. Or just delete the card info from the account. If the parent gives in and buys Timmy some mtx, manually enter the CC info, but dont save it on file in case Timmy figures out how to buy shit on his own or finds out the passcode.

How that is so hard to do who the fuck knows.

I never save my CC info on sites and I dont even have kids. For me, it's more about potential hackers. And for Xbox dollars, I just buy preloaded $$$ cards from Costco since they are 10% off. Even if a hacker got in, most he gets out of it is maybe $50 at any given time.

Last edited:

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Phil wasn’t kidding when he talked about engagement numbers.

On a more serious side some parents need to learn how to parent. They don’t know how to say the word no, or take away the videogames if their child’s schoolwork is suffering.

Soft parents raise soft kids.

Last edited:
Top Bottom