• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft 'fire stick' to be announced at E3

FranXico

The Fire-stick/AppleTV like device will be an all-in-one streaming device for games, media, movies and TV.

Microsoft are trying out the App route as proof of concept/beta-test as they want the physical presence of Xbox in your home and don't want to rely on an Xbox app that will be drowned out in a sea of apps.
If credible rumor, present source. Otherwise this is pure speculation.

Not knocking it, though. It's a good educated guess.

nowhat

Gold Member
But which E3? Is it the upcoming E3? Or the next? Or the next after that?

That's the thing with Microsoft, you never know. But you always have the next E3 to look forward to. Or the next.

Lol, and juuuuust last night I was boasting on here in another thread... about how Microsoft is eventually going to release an Xbox Streaming Stick suddenly and without warning that utilizes XCloud, making the need for consoles obsolete and in turn ending the need for Fanboyism.

mejin

Fire Stick?

tumblr_mcgdsj9sg21qzaxefo1_250.gifv

So no one here has heard of Amazon Fire stick? Which rock are y’all under?

So just to be clear, it's the Amazon Fire TV, which was a box. Then later they came out with the small version of it, called the Fire TV Stick. But then, you know, mainstream people got wind of it for pirating things and it started being referred to as the Firestick.

Strange how many on here aren't aware of it though.

ManaByte

Rage Bait Youtuber
So just to be clear, it's the Amazon Fire TV, which was a box. Then later they came out with the small version of it, called the Fire TV Stick. But then, you know, mainstream people got wind of it for pirating things and it started being referred to as the Firestick.

Strange how many on here aren't aware of it though.

Oh I'm sure people here are aware of it.

The Fire-stick/AppleTV like device will be an all-in-one streaming device for games, media, movies and TV.

Microsoft are trying out the App route as proof of concept/beta-test as they want the physical presence of Xbox in your home and don't want to rely on an Xbox app that will be drowned out in a sea of apps.

XBOX Series C, bundled with an XBOX Series controller and 1 month of Game Pass Ultimate. $99 USD (estimated). It will have a unique green / black color scheme and be circular with XBOX logo on both sides.

Last edited:

Pallas

This was rumored a few years back or something similar (some sort of Xbox app/tv service) and it was supposedly scraped since it didn’t showed up at any E3. I can’t recall which year but I think it was pre Xbox one X.

Same as my other sources
link? source? horrible thread

Welcome to my threads
Sure. Because you say so.
Welcome to my threads
If credible rumor, present source. Otherwise this is pure speculation.

Not knocking it, though. It's a good educated guess.
Pure speculation, no education.
OP I do love to have some sauce with my potatoes.
Welcome to my threads. Sauce ruins the taste of crow.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bold of you to assume there will be an E3 to announce anything at.

Also this isn't a rumor. It's speculation.
Didn't E3 die?

BTW, Fire stick?... that sounds dirty.
But which E3? Is it the upcoming E3? Or the next? Or the next after that?

That's the thing with Microsoft, you never know. But you always have the next E3 to look forward to. Or the next.
Bold of you to think there's going to be an E3...

E3 was going down the shitter. Putting it on 'rest' for a year will mean it comes back next year, revitilised, reimagined and better than ever. What better way to shed the stereotype of 'old-fat-nerd-oggling-chick-in-skimpy-clothing-with-big-tits' than to use Covid as an excuse to reboot it.

geordiemp

That's not my source.

It just give me a kick up the arse to make this thread that i should have made last week. 🤷‍♂️

This was rumoured on B3D by eastwood 3-4 months ago when there was talk of 3 SKU.....was it a surface variant or a stick went on for a few pages.

Rolla

Banned
That's not my source.

It just give me a kick up the arse to make this thread that i should have made last week. 🤷‍♂️

I know that at times gaming boards can take a turn for the worse when certain and contentious things happen within our industry. But we run the risk of damaging the credibility of our discourse when you post things that have zero sources or "My sources say" with zero proof that said sources exist. Or are doing anything more than speculating.

The title of this thread is presented as fact leading to the majority of replies asking you for the basic founding to carry on the discussion. A source.

MoreJRPG

Suffers from extreme PDS
I heard about this months ago, it’s not a new thing and basically a certainty this point with the direction Microsoft is heading. They’re all in on the cloud and Gamepass.

wolywood

I mean, you can pretty much already do this with a Chromecast with Google TV (or Nvidia Shield) and a sideloaded version of the Game Pass app. But something official/more stable would be cool too.

Games industry "iNsIdEr" starter pack for internet randoms:

- No source in the OP, for that "iNsIdEr sWaG"? CHECK

- Captain obvious / no shit sherlock info? CHECK

- Educated guesses from gaf/era/reddit/4chan/twitter/facebook/and industry executives dropping hints on this info for the past few years? CHECK

- Regurgitated same stuff from proven, credible insiders for years? CHECK

- More than 90-95%% chance of happening? CHECK

The only thing missing now is a youtube channel for clickbait.

Hey OP, do you by any chance happen to have a youtube channel by the name of "Moore's Law Is Dead"?

Top Bottom