• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft Registers Next-Gen Xbox Series X “Power Your Dreams” Slogan Trademark

Microsoft has registered a trademark for its next-gen Xbox Series X slogan, “Power Your Dreams”.

The slogan was already used upon the reveal of Microsoft’s next-generation Xbox console last month, and the Redmond-based tech company has now applied for a trademark. “Power your Dreams with Xbox Series X”, Microsoft’s message from last month reads.
The “Power Your Dreams slogan trademark was registered on December 31 and is currently being initialized. From the looks of it, this slogan will be the official catchphrase for Microsoft’s upcoming next-generation console. For the Xbox One, Microsoft regularly used the “Jump Ahead” phrase. The enhanced Xbox One console, the Xbox One X, is often presented as “The World’s Most Powerful Console”.

Microsoft officially unveiled the Xbox Series X, previously codenamed Project Scarlett, during last month’s Game Awards 2019 event. Alongside the console’s name and design, Microsoft showed off an impressive-looking trailer for Ninja Theory's Hellblade 2.

The official hardware specifications of the Xbox Series X, or simply Xbox, have yet to be revealed. Recent rumors claims that Microsoft’s new console is targeting a 12 teraflop GPU with AMD’s custom ‘Arden’ chip. This chip is confirmed to have a memory bandwidth of 560GB/s.

The Xbox Series X is slated for a holiday 2020 release. Microsoft has yet to announce the console’s price but industry analysts are predicting a $499.99 price tag.

"Both consoles will be a lot more similar to each other in terms of specs, pricing and features when compared to the last generation", Katan Games analyst Serkan Toto told Gamesindustry.biz. "Microsoft will likely avoid shenanigans like higher price (I expect $499 price tags for both), weaker specs, restrictions to used disc sales etc. I also expect no handheld versions, a PSVR 2, and only a single device (instead of a PS5 standard and Pro, for example) for both companies at launch."

NeatoB1

Something I was thinking about right now if the series X is there most power complete unit does that mean that the Lockhart will be less power and hear me out will be missing the disk drive is Xbox going to lock the ability to play standard disc games behind the series X?
I mean one of the rumors behind the lockhart is that it's less powerful missing disk drive and cheaper
What do u think?

Sussoloc

It’s much better than “For the players”,
Even more so when nothing is actually for them.
Thought the same. All this timed exclusive stuff that Sony buys is a slap in the face of all players. Also their behavior on topics like crossplay was pure arrogance. Such "customer friendly" slogans are mendacious anyways. Everybody knows it should be something like this is for the shareholders.

-Arcadia-

Banned
It’s much better than “For the players”,
Even more so when nothing is actually for them.

Agreed, after the censorship and cross-play controversies. Back then though? With Xbox One being full anti-consumer in shocking ways? This, and the infamous borrowing games video, might have been some of the best branding ever, and probably helped lead PS4 to these historical sales.

mejin

Disagree. This new Xbox slogan is far better than any previous Xbox slogans, but the PS4 slogan match with the name of the console and make more sense than any other.

Sony also used "The best place to play" a lot this gen and Microsoft started to use "great place to play" lol

molasar

Banned
I dream about those platform exclusive games (Conker's Other Bad Day, Sabreman Stampede, Perfect Dark 2, Blast Corps 2 etc.) that make me wanting to buy their console. Not much power left in me for it.

Last edited:

Breakage

It made me think of this:

honda_sns.jpg

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Jump in was better.

but this is 1000x better than “beta tested in the future”
I've never heard that one before. Did Xbox actually use that? It's horrible.
Sure didn't seem beta tested from the Skynet era to me.

In the first month (before MS did a patch asap), you'd be playing a game and suddenly the system would crash and dump you to the dashboard. Probably happened once every few hours.

Never seen that in the history of using a PC or playing a console. The occasional dashboard dump or program crashing yes. But not every couple hours.

Kev Kev

Eh, comes off really cheese ball 🤷‍♂️

I’ve never thought about it much till now, but I don’t think I’m really a big fan of slogans. They just always sounds like they are trying too hard. Just let the product speak for itself.

Top Bottom