• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Milk and NYC

Status
Not open for further replies.

effzee

wtf is up with this? whenevr i get milk here in nyc it has two expiration dates on it. one is earlier than the other...it goes something like...sell by the 13th, in nyc the 10th. there is this diff where in nyc it spoils first....what is this?

effzee

what does that mean though? is it safe to go by the later date on the carton?

i noticed my milk today was rotten but it had only passed the nyc deadline.

Ecrofirt

that's fucked up dude.

I've never noticed milk in PA go bad before the sell by date. I'd got with the NYC date on everything. New York must not care about people eating moldy food.

Joe

where in PA are you?

i just recently moved here from long island. its pretty crazy, in new york you buy milk and have a week at most before it passes the expiration date. here in pa you're safe for sometimes over 2 weeks. crazy shit.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
I live in NY, and generally get either skim or 1%. That shit can last up to a month too.

usually it's still good even a few days after the NYS date, but a few times i have seen bad milk before the NYS date, though never before the NYC date...

Kuroyume

Banned
A month? You're drinking cheese, man, not milk... I live in NYC and drink fat free and that only lasts a week before it begins to smell funky...

andthebeatgoeson

Joe said:
where in PA are you?

i just recently moved here from long island. its pretty crazy, in new york you buy milk and have a week at most before it passes the expiration date. here in pa you're safe for sometimes over 2 weeks. crazy shit.

Go to Wawa, you'll always get the freshest in PA and NJ. Always at least 2 weeks. I think cuz the milkers are close. Whereas, the supermarkets probably get theirs shipped in from far away. That's the only thing I can come up with.

andthebeatgoeson

MrPing1000 said:
seriously wtf do they put in american milk, its not supposed to last more than a week ever!

Milk's not supposed to last a day but with new technology called refrigerators, we've taken a few steps away from the cave. Maybe preservatives aren't so bad either. :p

skinnyrattler said:
Milk's not supposed to last a day but with new technology called refrigerators, we've taken a few steps away from the cave. Maybe preservatives aren't so bad either. :p

Seriously i live in Northern Ireland this is dairy country! I get milk delivered most morning to my door in glass bottles and it lasts at max 5 days. It is super fresh. The stuff u buy from the supermarket in plastic containers can last a bit longer

andthebeatgoeson

clipunderground said:
I hate milk. Get a few containers of rotten dairy or accidently drink it, and you'll probably never touch the stuff again. Bleh.

Sniff it before putting it in your mouth. Just like women.

That was dying to get out of me when I read your post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom