• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MiSTer FPGA in April; N64, Sega Saturn, Irem M92, TMNT and a whole host of other awesome stuff

VGEsoterica

I know the MiSTer crowd on Gaf is growing and I know finding out all the cool new stuff that happens in a month is super decentralized and hard to notice but damn was April another spicy month so far for MiSTer FPGA

The N64 FPGA core hit update all and the turbo overclocked core is out as well. The list of games that have freezing issues is basically four at this point in time so its like 99.5% a full N64 with clean HDMI or RGB out of MiSter. Zero complaints there and now the core is out for everyone

Sega Saturn has been updated multiple times bringing a ton more playable games, SNAC support for OG controllers including the Saturn 3D pad and a bunch of under the hood improvements to RAM functionality.

Irem M92 is getting a reworked core bringing basically every "best Irem game ever" to MiSTer with improved performance. R-Type Leo, Ninja Baseball Bat Man, In the Hunt and more

TMNT from Konami went public so now the core is out for everyone to enjoy

Plus a lot more DOS games out of the 0MHz collection

So who's updating their MiSTer today? lol

Really awesome how much work pushed in this thing!

I use the Analog Pocket with the dock. Sadly the M92 core works not that well. In the Hunt for example ist slowing down as hell. Unplayable.
On the good side. R-Type Leo works fine.

Hope they'll get this core finally perfect for the AP.

Last edited:

VGEsoterica

Really awesome how much work pushed in this thing!

I use the Analog Pocket with the dock. Sadly the M92 core works not that well. In the Hunt for example ist slowing down as hell. Unplayable.
On the good side. R-Type Leo works fine.

Hope they'll get this core finally perfect for the AP.
Pocket and Irem M92 is still just in the early days so I would imagine the dev porting the core from MiSTer and Wickerwaka's work will improve on it in the future. Its like day 3 or 4 since it came out so not to be unexpected :)

Top Bottom