• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MiSTer FPGA June news; all the stuff that came to MiSTer this month (N64, tons of arcade cores, Neo Geo Pocket and more)

VGEsoterica

I dunno if its just me but time seems to fly by lately and somehow its the end of June already...and its barely even been HOT enough in Chicago to feel like summer.

But MiSTer certainly is heating up. FPGAZumSpass released an alpha N64 core as a proof of concept and is working on on the FPU portion of the CPU. Hoping to be playing at least one N64 game in FPGA by Christmas (fingers crossed for Bomberman Hero...but GAF what would you want first?) but currently its just a few tech demos

We also got a ton of new arcade cores including Taito SJ that runs Elevator Action, a bunch of new shmups, a Turbo CPU Irem M92 core that absolutely perfects In the Hunt and GunForce II, plus some announced cores are getting closer including Midway stuff like Narc and Mortal Kombat. Batsugan is in the mix now as well!

Neo Geo Pocket is also nearing a beta release after the developer (Jotego) fixed up some graphical bugs recently. Will be fun to play NGP on my 4K vs my handheld with a modded screen

Saturn is still seeing progress too. Basically its been fast and furious new releases and announcements for MiSTer FPGA and I know some of GAF is in the MiSTer ownership group. But if you aren't....seriously consider getting one! Best gaming investment you can make.

What do you hope to see next month GAF? at least on the arcade side as console and handheld stuff still seems a bit off

alienator

The Turbo CPU Irem M92 core is a sight to behold.. ultra steady 60fps on In the hunt makes it the definetive version out there in the wild ;) (although it was quite cool on the PSX 2x turbo core aswell already)

Krathoon

I have been messing around with light gun games on the Mister. The Wiimote works really well. For some reason, the calibration screen does not show the crosshairs. That is annoying. You have to estimate where your pointing.

RagnarokIV

I think you have to manually install it. The update_all script does not pull down cores that have not been officially released. It is annoying.

In my opinion, it should pull down everything.
Ah ok, so once it's officially released it'll then be added to the update list?

Top Bottom