• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB The Show 20 - Gameplay and A.I. Updates video

- New Outfield Throw Home Indicator & Extreme Catch Indicator

- First Step System

- Hundreds of new animations

- Perfect Perfect. (Batting) For hits that have Perfect Timing and Perfect Contact

- Button accuracy improvements

CreativeQuarrelsomeHeterodontosaurus-size_restricted.gif

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I can't not wait to see how 2021 will turn out with all of that power and CPU grunt.

Hopefully new player models, and soft body physics / cloth jerseys moving much more realistic, etc..

Might finally have enough memory (or high speed swapping) for team specific jerseys in the ASG as well.

Last edited:

REDRZA MWS

Gold Member
I can't not wait to see how 2021 will turn out with all of that power and CPU grunt.

Hopefully new player models, and soft body physics / cloth jerseys moving much more realistic, etc..

Might finally have enough memory (or high speed swapping) for team specific jerseys in the ASG as well.

This is the ONLY thing that concerns me about both next gen consoles. MLB 21 won’t be two different versions, the game will run on base PS4, with the PS5 grunting up visuals/resolution/performance.

I’ll miss when new hardware brought new games and experiences that couldn’t be had on previous hardware.

Since Sony is putting some of their first party games on PC, and with MLB already confirmed multi platform, I’m praying they announce a PC version, with cross play between all consoles. I’d be in heaven.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
This is the ONLY thing that concerns me about both next gen consoles. MLB 21 won’t be two different versions, the game will run on base PS4, with the PS5 grunting up visuals/resolution/performance.

I’ll miss when new hardware brought new games and experiences that couldn’t be had on previous hardware.

Since Sony is putting some of their first party games on PC, and with MLB already confirmed multi platform, I’m praying they announce a PC version, with cross play between all consoles. I’d be in heaven.

It was the same with the PS3 and PS4 and PS2 and PS3. They do a good job making platform specific bells and whistles over at Sony SD.

They will phase out the base PS4 over time as well, just like prior gens. But I understand the concern as well.

REDRZA MWS

Gold Member
It was the same with the PS3 and PS4 and PS2 and PS3. They do a good job making platform specific bells and whistles over at Sony SD.

They will phase out the base PS4 over time as well, just like prior gens. But I understand the concern as well.

Not quite the same. You couldn’t put the PS3 disk into the PS4 and play it, nor digitally, they were two different versions of the game. They were separate games on separate hardware.

MLB 21 will be one version, one purchase, and will be playable on current consoles, and also PS5. Going to be interesting to see how they handle this.

Thabass

I love the first step system in theory. I hope it really makes a difference in field. Also super happy to see a new throwing indicator. I never liked the old one as much.

Also what the fuck is going on with the coach? Lol

I love the first step system in theory. I hope it really makes a difference in field. Also super happy to see a new throwing indicator. I never liked the old one as much.

Also what the fuck is going on with the coach? Lol
Will it make me a better fielder? I doubt it. Not good at the game anyway but playing the outfield is my biggest weakness... in a game where I have no strength lol

REDRZA MWS

Gold Member
Will it make me a better fielder? I doubt it. Not good at the game anyway but playing the outfield is my biggest weakness... in a game where I have no strength lol

Baseball is a game of failure my friend. Succeed 3 out of 10 times (or fail 70% of the time) you are a Hall of Famer!

Last edited:
2021 is the year they start producing the game for PC and other consoles, yes?

I wonder how this year's version of the Show will begin to lay groundwork for building a game that has to run on non-Sony systems and architecture.

The most annoying thing to me in regards to fielding is when the game doesn't immediately activate to the most intuitive/logical choice on a fly ball, and by the time you switch to the appropriate fielder, you're already out of the play.

The most annoying thing to me in regards to fielding is when the game doesn't immediately activate to the most intuitive/logical choice on a fly ball, and by the time you switch to the appropriate fielder, you're already out of the play.
It’s worse on Road to the Show. If you are a left fielder for example. The camera was always to close to the player. You couldn’t see if the ball off the bat was hit hard or not.

And the game was rewarding or penalizing based on how good your jump was...

Lend to immersion breaking oh shit routes run in the outfield. Hard to run realistic lines sometimes.

It’s worse on Road to the Show. If you are a left fielder for example. The camera was always to close to the player. You couldn’t see if the ball off the bat was hit hard or not.

And the game was rewarding or penalizing based on how good your jump was...

Lend to immersion breaking oh shit routes run in the outfield. Hard to run realistic lines sometimes.

Oh yeah, I wasn't even thinking about RTTS. I haven't played that mode in a while. I'm mostly franchise. Although that does remind me of one of the best things about The Show - so many ways to play.

Catphish

Oh yeah, I wasn't even thinking about RTTS. I haven't played that mode in a while. I'm mostly franchise. Although that does remind me of one of the best things about The Show - so many ways to play.
Except they took out the ability to play shortened individual seasons, which still pisses me off to no end. 👎

Thabass

How are you bad at the outfield? Hit the cutoff man, or throw to a base. Stand in front of the ball as it's hit to you or under it? Maybe because I've played the position in real life before I understand it better? I dunno.

How are you bad at the outfield? Hit the cutoff man, or throw to a base. Stand in front of the ball as it's hit to you or under it? Maybe because I've played the position in real life before I understand it better? I dunno.
I explained above I am only referring to RttS outfield

Oh derp. I see now. Yeah, I can see why you'd have a problem. I never played outfield in Road To The Show. Should give a shot sometime.
Maybe wait for 20 to try lol. Idk maybe I am the only one who hates it

Im hoping they change how they do RttS Outfield this year

Top Bottom