• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT2| - Thread of Athletes, Fighters, Personalities, and Sports Entertainment

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
Monson should have known, In Soviet Russia, cans crush you.

Vk3Hg.gif

ruPEf.gif

parasight

The TUF Finale is gonna be pretty good. All four finalists have been impressive. I'm going with Dodson and Diego. This weekend's card should be entertaining.

MjFrancis

-Took Lil' Nog down at will when he switched to the single leg.

-Sent top tenner Brian Stann to middleweight.

-Sent future top tenner Tim Boetsch to middleweight with The Wonderbar.

-Subbed future top tenner Alexander Gustafsson in the 1st round.

He's easily one of the best LHW's not named Jon Jones, and he's only getting better.
If his Fightmetric stats were football scores he'd be on his way to a perfect season.

If anyone has anything against the man, I'd say that it's because he's a boring fighter. I was there when he took Lil' Nog down a notch and when people ask me who I saw at the UFC fight in Seattle, Dan Hardy's the only name I remember. Not that his fight was great or anything (it was kind of hilariously bad, really) but Davis vs. Nog was as boring and unmemorable as they come. I didn't recall who headlined UFC Fight Night: Nogueira vs. Davis until I heard about the upcoming Evans vs. Davis fight.

I'll let that sink in... the fight was so boring I couldn't remember who fought despite their names being in the title of the damn fight.

Davis will beat Evans by boring him to sleep and submitting his unconscious frame in Round 3.

Phil-Davis.jpg

War Mr. Wonderful? Really?

Dysun

-Took Lil' Nog down at will when he switched to the single leg.

-Sent top tenner Brian Stann to middleweight.

-Sent future top tenner Tim Boetsch to middleweight with The Wonderbar.

-Subbed future top tenner Alexander Gustafsson in the 1st round.

He's easily one of the best LHW's not named Jon Jones, and he's only getting better.

I'll give him credit for tapping out Gustafsson who looks legit, but I'm not impressed by beating undersized Brian Stann and Tim Boetsch who are never going to be real contenders. An uninspired win over Lil Nog does little to increase his stock considering Jason Brilz should also have a win and nobody is tooting his horn

Phil Davis is more Ryan Bader than Jon Jones and will be exposed here soon

MjFrancis

If I had the choice of comparing Mr. Wonderful to Ryan Bader or Jon Jones the former would be the obvious contemporary.

1) Mr. Wonderful hasn't shown the skill of Jon Jones at this point.

2) Jon Jones puts on an entertaining fight, Mr. Wonderful less so.

3) Both Bader and Mr. Wonderful have added nails to the coffin of Lil Nog's career.

ShaneB

The TUF Finale is gonna be pretty good. All four finalists have been impressive. I'm going with Dodson and Diego. This weekend's card should be entertaining.

Came to post this as well, I was wondering if anyone else was excited for the finale. All the finalists look terrific, and the full card should be fun to watch.

DKehoe

So apparently Chael says he's not fighting Munoz next. Says he will be watching this Saturday's fight closely. Bisping/Sonnen would be one helluva war of words. Works to promote the sports entertainment angle, if it happens on the Fox card.

Makes so much more sense to put this on the Fox card instead of Sonnen/Munoz.

Sonnen/Bisping was supposed to be the TUF matchup but Chael was still suspended.......right?

Sonnen vs either Miller or Bisping would be hilarious though

And speaking of Munoz, he is doing the Q and A for UFC 140 in Toronto.......ugh........last time we got all 7 champions :p

Heel

Dodson vs. Dillashaw is this season's dream match up. Not sure who I'm going to pick, but looking forward to it for sure. They both deserve a spot on the roster if you ask me.

How in the hell is Brandao 12-7? Anyone know when he started training at Jackson's? Yes, Greg fucking Jackson! Amazing isn't it?

I don't see Bermudez beating him if Caraway couldn't.

Heel

As far as the Mr. Wonderful talk goes, I really don't think being compared to Bader is that unflattering. Bader is massively underrated after getting clipped by Tito. He's not a walk in the park for Rampage.

There is no "next Jon Jones" on the horizon right now. Were arguing over who's next to get their ass whipped if you ask me. I think Phil is going to be next in line.

MjFrancis

As far as the Mr. Wonderful talk goes, I really don't think being compared to Bader is that unflattering. Bader is massively underrated after getting clipped by Tito. He's not a walk in the park for Rampage.

There is no "next Jon Jones" on the horizon right now. Were arguing over who's next to get their ass whipped if you ask me. I think Phil is going to be next in line.
That's what I was thinking. Worst case ranking he's being compared to someone who is in the top 9-12 in the LHW division. Not a terrible burn if you ask me (I consider Mr. Wonderful a solid 5-8 division rank at this point). So Bader gets beat by the #1 LHW/#3 P4P guy in the world and a good strike by Tito Ortiz and all of a sudden he's a joke to some couch potatoes? Gimme a break.

Also agreed that Phil Davis is next in line to get a the Jon Jones ass whooping.

Bisping vs Silva is a total waste of everyone's time. I hope that fight NEVER happens. Silva is getting up there in age and a fight with Bisping is nothing but worthless.

DKehoe

They could do Bisping vs Silva in England. Having an English guy fight the best fighter in the world for the title could draw a lot of attention from the press and really help the profile of the UFC here in the UK. He would get destroyed though obviously.

AiTM

Banned
Silva only has a handful of fights left. Hes a few years away from 40. Why would they waste fights on him like Okami and Bisping. It boggles my mind. Give him the best fighters. Give him GSP or Sonnen or Henderson.

Silva only has a handful of fights left. Hes a few years away from 40. Why would they waste fights on him like Okami and Bisping. It boggles my mind. Give him the best fighters. Give him GSP or Sonnen or Henderson.

Agreed. I can understand Okami because of the rematch thing but noway Bisping. Not only does he not deserve a title shot but he would be totally outclassed. Its not interesting at all and I don't think anybody gives a fuck about that potential match up. Here is what they should do with Silva in this order.

1)Rematch Sonnen

2)GSP Super fight

3)Move to LHW

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
http://www.ufc.com/news/ufc-140-brittney-palmer

Brittney Palmer ‘Flattered’ To Be Back; Hopes to Return at UFC 140
by Damon Martin, MMA Weekly
"A couple of weeks ago, UFC president Dana White sent out a message via his Twitter account asking if fans wanted to see former Octagon girl Brittney Palmer back with the promotion.

"Within minutes, White had his answer and he responded in kind saying that Palmer would be returning to the organization."

0388_3l7eb.gif
0388_3l7eb.gif
0388_3l7eb.gif

Bisping vs Silva is a total waste of everyone's time. I hope that fight NEVER happens. Silva is getting up there in age and a fight with Bisping is nothing but worthless.

I want this fight just so that English guy that comes in here once in awhile would talk shit saying Bisping has the tools to beat Silva.

Heel

Watching the buildup to Bisping getting his ass handed to him on national television > Munoz vs. Sonnen

No one wants to see Munoz vs. Silva, even if Munoz does beat Chael.

Sonnen vs. Mayhem...just no.

Watching the buildup to Bisping getting his ass handed to him on national television > Munoz vs. Sonnen

No one wants to see Munoz vs. Silva, even if Munoz does beat Chael.

Sonnen vs. Mayhem...just no.

At least we will get to see how much Sonnen's sub defense has improved with this fight.

yacobod

Banned
After Sonnen beats Silva, maybe GSP will finally get the balls to move up to 185#. And then Sonnen can troll the fuck out of GSP and canada, and show everybody what a proper wrestlefucking looks like.

yacobod

Banned
why couldn't sonnen beat him?

are you guys really that naive to think he's going to go out on top and retire with an unblemished record in the ufc? as amazing as the spider is, he's getting up there in age, and will be coming off a very long injury layoff. and his particular style hasnt historically aged that gracefully in fight sports.

why couldn't sonnen beat him?

are you guys really that naive to think he's going to go out on top and retire with an unblemished record in the ufc? as amazing as the spider is, he's getting up there in age, and will be coming off a very long injury layoff. and his particular style hasnt historically aged that gracefully in fight sports.

Hey man I agree with you about Sonnen beating him the second time around.

Takuan

http://www.ufc.com/news/ufc-140-brittney-palmer

Brittney Palmer ‘Flattered’ To Be Back; Hopes to Return at UFC 140
by Damon Martin, MMA Weekly
"A couple of weeks ago, UFC president Dana White sent out a message via his Twitter account asking if fans wanted to see former Octagon girl Brittney Palmer back with the promotion.

"Within minutes, White had his answer and he responded in kind saying that Palmer would be returning to the organization."

0388_3l7eb.gif
0388_3l7eb.gif
0388_3l7eb.gif

:lol I figured she'd be back pretty soon after reading she'd left to pursue acting or some shit. Hollywood's a revolving door of hot natural ass and I think she let some wolf convince her that she had a chance.

Lucky wolf, though.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
:lol I figured she'd be back pretty soon after reading she'd left to pursue acting or some shit. Hollywood's a revolving door of hot natural ass and I think she let some wolf convince her that she had a chance.

Lucky wolf, though.

She went to art school. Uncle Dana probably told her she couldn't do both and changed his mind later as Uncle Dana is prone to doing.

yacobod

Banned
Tito Ortiz said:
No longer the bad boy, positive from here on out. I’m now the ‘People’s Champ'. I just want to change my whole outlook on life. Being the bad boy, talking smack to sell fights, I no longer need to do that. Being the ‘People’s Champ,’ the only other person I can think of who’s done the great things in their sport was Muhammad Ali. If I could walk in one of those footsteps, then I’ve done my job as a fighter and a mixed martial artist.

Can you smell what the Tito is cooking?

AiTM

Banned
A wrestling god with sub defense could easily hand silva a decision loss. That is the strategy to beat him. Every undefeated P4P king is unbeatable until they are beaten.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
A wrestling god with sub defense could easily hand silva a decision loss. That is the strategy to beat him. Every undefeated P4P king is unbeatable until they are beaten.
The trick is to quit while you're still undefeated.

Top Bottom