• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Modern Warfare Will Show You Your Kill-Death Ratio For $20

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
You can see your KDR at any time in between games, this is a watch that shows it to you mid match.

Maybe people should stop worrying about KDR, instead of winning the game. TDM is the only mode where KD matters, but everyone uses the other modes to pad KD stats.

It’s annoying and absurd.
Activision is caught between getting sales from KD nerds and solid gameplay.

I'm sure the devs would want people to focus in objectives modes. All they have to do is make it so all kills, deaths and KD are excluded from someone's career stats. Just W and L matters. And even keep that separate from TDM career stats.

Sounds reasonable.... but all the KD stat padders would drop the game and never buy it again, since they suck in TDM.

For me when I used to play Call of Duty, I cared about KD because all I played was TDM. KD wins, since your team can't win if everyone is collectively negative. But for the 0.5% of the time I played objectives, I'd get kills since you need to get kills to clear a path, but sometimes you got to join the others and make a run for A or B.

No doubt my KD tanked, but my W/L was probably just as good (if not better) when playing with friends.

Call of Duty has so many modes, but the problem is the career stats apply to all no matter which mode you play which doesn't make sense because every mode is different.

It would be like a pro athlete combining all their stats from the pros, minor leagues and all the TDs they racked up in high school.

Last edited:
s-ff7474bb2b8b831bc5fb93857e10ccce3df097bb.gif

These Activision shenanigans happen every year. Five bucks it'll happen again next year, and the one after that.

Last edited:
Normally feeling like a piece of shit is free. I don’t need to spend $20 for data that reinforces that sensation, thank you very much.

ZombieTech

Neo Member
If people buys this sh!t, expect a 1$ to recharge your gun, it's coming people.
Wouldn't be the first time saddly, Project Entropia Universe used to pull crap like that. -_-

s-ff7474bb2b8b831bc5fb93857e10ccce3df097bb.gif

These Activision shenanigans happen every year. Five bucks it'll happen again next year, and the one after that.
Think the real question here would be... would that five bucks be going to you, or to them for the option to place vowels in a username? xD

Last edited:

GHG

Gold Member
As already mentioned by several others in this thread, this is clickable bullshit. You can see your ratio on your account any time you are in the menu.

If you feel the need to want to know this mid match then you need help.

Gerdav

I have openly knocked IW halfwit decisions in trying to fuck this game up on the COD threat, but this thread is now jumping on bandwagons, I hate this micro transition shit as much as anyone but they are not hiding your K/D, the scoreboard at the end of EVERY match shows it, it’s available in the barracks outside of matches at anytime, it’s available on the companion app at any time, the website at anytime,

Oh yeah and one more really pedantic point that nobody wants to acknowledge is it’s actually £20 for a whole bundle of absolute pointless shit not just one watch that shows your K/D when actually playing,

Mista

Banned
This is bollocks right there. You can always see your shit post games! This is just a watch to wear and see stats during the game which NOBODY does by the way. Please stop spreading shit we don’t need for and changes nothing
You can see your KDR at any time in between games, this is a watch that shows it to you mid match.

Maybe people should stop worrying about KDR, instead of winning the game. TDM is the only mode where KD matters, but everyone uses the other modes to pad KD stats.

It’s annoying and absurd.
A watch which nobody uses😂 These articles are getting out of hand. “PLEASE CLICK ON THE LINK AND ENTER OUR SITE”

RaptorGTA

I was kind of happy I didn't see a K/D display in the normal game. Worry about winning the game. Silly they are offering this watch for such a high price..but who would honestly pay for it?

I personally don't care what my K/D is but then I've never been all the great at COD. If it matters to you that much, If you need to see what your K/D is at all times without going to a menu or if you can't waiting till after the match... then go ahead and buy it. If you don't mind paying $20 for the "bundle" then why not? You're an adult, it's your money. I don't think it would give you any advantage during the match.

GreatnessRD

Reason 1 million why I despise Generation Snowflake. But its even funnier that Infinity Ward thought not showing the deaths were gonna do something. Frauds still sit in their corners going 4-18 like the bums they are. But whatevs, game is trashcan anyway.

MiguelItUp

As crummy as this is to be charging for such a thing, I think it's a great in the long run. The KDA obsession is AWFUL for a LOT of game experiences. Unless your some kind of pro gamer, that number really shouldn't matter to you. I've known too many mediocre or worse players give TOO much of a shit, and it's so annoying to me.

Over the years it's just gotten worse and worse. Especially with the COD and Battlefield series. Or essentially any game that has a mode like Domination or something similar. Ever since the game type existed in multiple games, I've thrown myself onto points in an attempt to help my team win. Do I get a lot of deaths? Yeah, sometimes. But I'm definitely not TRYING to feed the enemy team kills, I'm just trying to complete the objective and help my team pull through.

But it's so ridiculously annoying when you see other players camping trying to build kills and avoid being killed when the whole point of the game mode is to capture and hold. Or otherwise. It's just painfully obvious when players care about their own personal KDA across the board, and it always shows.

So if the dorks what to spend their money on something like this, fine, do it. You deserve to blow your money on something ridiculous. But on that same note, I don't want people showing developers and publishers that they're willing to pay for things that should just exist.

Last edited:

Rbk_3

If shit like this is going to keep game changing weapons out of loot boxes and maps free, I sure as hell won't complain about idiots spending $20 on a cosmetic item.

Pallas

So wait, you can still view your K/D ratio in the traditional sense(and typically have others see it too?) I haven’t played a CoD(except for mobile) since Black Ops 3. Not being able to see that statistic would suck.

Rbk_3

So wait, you can still view your K/D ratio in the traditional sense(and typically have others see it too?) I haven’t played a CoD(except for mobile) since Black Ops 3. Not being able to see that statistic would suck.

Yes, the only change is during game when you press start you can only see your kills and assists, but not deaths. However, you can still see your deaths for that game and end end screen.

This is simply a watch that your player wears that lets you see your kills and deaths during the game with out going into the menu.

Last edited:

Pallas

Yes, the only change is during game when you press start you can only see your kills and assists, but not deaths. However, you can still see your deaths for that game and end end screen.

This is simply a watch that your player wears that lets you see your kills and deaths during the game with out going into the menu.

Hm that’s still an odd subtraction. Were certain gamers just being sensitive and getting angry about deaths of others were griefing them?

Rbk_3

Hm that’s still an odd subtraction. Were certain gamers just being sensitive and getting angry about deaths of others were griefing them?

Probably want to protect the n00bs feeling so they don't see they're 4-15 mid game and quit.

Sushen

While charging money to show a simple stats is stupid and greedy, KD should be removed outside of team death match as it's the single biggest distraction in other modes.

NickFire

This story kind of makes me want to sell every console, game, controller, etc., and never look back. The greed from the people in charge clearly knows no bounds, and I'm kind of sick of it.

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
If it is only about the currently ongoing game, isn't counting yourself a viable option anyway if it is such an important statistic to you?

Grinchy

Banned
It'll be hard in your next match. :messenger_winking:

lmao, so much this. I can't tell you how many times in Black Ops 4 I'd go like 36-2 one match and think I was some COD prodigy (CODigy maybe) only to be smacked by reality immediately afterward.

It does annoy me that objectives mean nothing to COD players, though. And the game rewards people for it. Completely ignoring the objective is what the top 2 or 3 players did in every game. Imagine if kills only gave like 5% of the score they currently do and only attacks/defends/captures awarded points.

Top Bottom