• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter Rise |OT| A Whole New World

Me right now after realizing it's a rolling midnight release and people already playin this shit:

MammothNeedyHyrax-max-1mb.gif

Raven117

I've platinumed Bloodborne. It has responsive mechanics and minimal input lag. I used heavy and light weapons and their many transformations during my multiple playthroughs. I can say assertively that the combat is fluid and responsive, and that reactions are part of its fast paced action. The old monster hunter games I played do not feel anything like Bloodborne's combat, and other people who answered me said that mechanics of combat are generally like the previous Mohun games and that is all part of the fun.

It's okay if we like different things. Monster hunter is just not for me... Unless the combat has the fluidity of bloodborne now?
It’s probably not for you.

its not “unresponsive” it’s deliberately slow (I mean some weapons are much faster than others.... like dual blades) as to commit to each hit. Know your opening. Know the patters and know your weapon moveset. It’s extremely rewarding once you get the hang of it. It’s very strategic and relies less on refelxes

it’s quite brilliant if it all clicks. But infuriating when it doesn’t.

It’s probably not for you.

its not “unresponsive” it’s deliberately slow (I mean some weapons are much faster than others.... like dual blades) as to commit to each hit. Know your opening. Know the patters and know your weapon moveset. It’s extremely rewarding once you get the hang of it. It’s very strategic and relies less on refelxes

it’s quite brilliant if it all clicks. But infuriating when it doesn’t.
Yeah I'm convinced with the 40-50 hours of time I spent on it that I don't enjoy the combat. If the game underneath hasn't changed, more time won't alter my feelings about it.

so, buy now or just wait for the inevitable ultimate version with G rank in a year or two?

Wouldnt make sense, after cart costs, they would make barely any money compared to the iceborne approach.
Rise will get a expansion, but would be DLC.
MHW + Iceborne bundle sold really well in Japan.

Last edited:

Pejo

so, buy now or just wait for the inevitable ultimate version with G rank in a year or two?
I'm picking up the base game now, will buy again when the PC version launches and get all the DLC there. I'm a sucker, but what can I say, I love MH.

GinSama

Bought the game yesterday. Hope it will come today.

the first and only mh I really liked it was MH4U for the ds.
Play hundreds of hours of that one.

didn’t like too much about world. But this one looks very promising .

GymWolf

LMAO look at the shoulders
Looks like someone smeared her with barroth mucus...

But to return on topic, wow i fucked up the nerdgigante on my first try with the swaxe...am i better with this weapon after 15 hours then lance and bow after 500?! What is going on?!

Last edited:

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Looks like someone smeared her with barroth mucus...

But to return on topic, wow i fucked up the nerdgigante on my first try with the swaxe...am i better with this weapon after 15 hours then lance and bow after 500?! What is going on?!
I had a similar experience with the charge blade (300+ hours) and the gun lance (15 minutes). Just embrace it bro.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
I don't think the game recognized my demo save file as non of those consumables are in my item box or inventory. No clue where to get the pre-order bonus items from either.

R6Rider

Gold Member
Mine should be arriving anytime from noon to 4pm today. As long as Amazon shipping doesn't screw up again.

Heads up: the EU just got a new MyNintendo reward of Monster Hunter Rise mini-posters:

h2x1_mns-mhr_miniposterset_productshot_b.jpg

- Set of 5 mini posters presented in a cardboard envelope (229 x 324 mm)
- Dimensions of the mini posters: A4 (210 x 297 mm)
- Materials: glossy paper 300 g / m²
- 300 platinum points

I'm definitely getting these when they come across the pond.

NanaMiku

I always go MH Language. English is probably the worst when it comes to the yells and shouts during fights.
I wanted to use MH language, but the shouts actually quite useful for me. The character will warn me when a big attack is coming or my friend's character will shout when they put the trap

Wow, I went in to delete my demo save data and noticed that the size for MHR's data is a monstrous 406MB. I thought it was a glitch so I started it up on another account and the total for both was 813MB...

To put things into perspective, it's the second largest save file I have: Minecraft's is 1.9GB (default is around 1GB but it grows if you download additional content) and Animal Crossing's is 222MB.

Top Bottom