• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Moroccan man in France killed at home in front of wife in Islamophobic attack

Status
Not open for further replies.

mellz

A Moroccan man in France was brutally killed after being stabbed 17 times in front of his wife at his own home by a neighbour in what is described as a “horrible Islamophobic attack”.

Mohamed El Makouli was confronted by a 28-year-old attacker who forced himself through the front door at around 1:30am on Wednesday, shouting “I am your god, I am your Islam”, the National Observatory Against Islamophobia said yesterday.

The father of one, 47, was killed in the quiet village of Beaucet, near Avignon in southern France, while his 31-year-old wife Nadia tried to save him. She suffered wounds to her hands before she fled the scene with their child to call the police.

Observatory president Abdallah Zekri condemned the attack “as a horrible Islamophobic attack” and claimed that the victim’s partner was very clear about what the man had shouted regarding Islam.

He told AFP: “She is sure of what he [the attacker] said.”

The man was charged on Thursday with murder, attempted murder and possession of drugs before he was admitted to a psychiatric hospital in Montfavet. Police said yesterday that the claims of Islamophobia will be investigated when they start questioning the attacker.

He was reported to have been diagnosed with schizophrenia as he claimed he had heard voices and officials say that he was found at the scene in an incoherent state.

The attack is one of at least 50 Islamophobic incidences reported so far in the country after the murders of 17 people at the Charlie Hebdo magazine and a kosher supermarket in Paris earlier this month, according to the Central Council of Muslims in France.

The three gunmen had massacred cartoonists, journalists, police officers and hostages and claimed it was in revenge of drawings published in the satirical magazine of Prophet Mohamed.

A 20-year-old Muslim man originally from Eritrea, Khaled Idris Bahray, was stabbed to death in Dresden, Germany, on Tuesday. He is reported to have left his home on Monday and did not return before his body was found on the street in the early hours.

The attack on Bahray is feared to be linked to “anti-Islamification of Europe” marches held in Germany, which have been strongly condemned by the country’s leaders including Chancellor Angela Merkel.

source: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...by-intruder-shouting-about-islam-9985072.html

kmax

These kind of atrocities are bound to happen, with the kind of rhetoric that's sweeping Europe right now.

Fucking sucks that innocent people have to pay the price for the nutters actions.

my condolences to his family, no man deserve to die like that. Violence is never the answer.

Zero tolerance for all hate crimes.

I hope they catch the murderer.

Admits all the news events in France; that country does have a serious problem with intergration, inclussion, acceptence and togetherness. I know they preach brotherhood, equality and liberty but the brotherhood part is still incomplete in France.

A major shift is happening in Europe.. I wasn't shocked to read today that Belgium now has hundreds of armed military patrolling the streets.

Politicians, insane people, ... are chomping at the bits at this excuse to be as radical as those Charlie Hebdo attackers.

Human nature doing its thing.

Condom

Jesus Christ. Bet the rightwing bastards feel good about themselves.

'We shouldn't let the terrorists win' yeah sure, without terrorists there would be no rightwing nutheads.

Mrmartel

Banned
Terrible. I really hope this isn't the beginning of tit for tat reprisals against innocents. This will only emboldened the extremes on both sides. The terrorists wet dream come true.

And no one will care about this because it doesn't effect their "freedom"

Nobody will base their judgement of his religion or skin color by his actions. Nor would killing a innocent man in front of his wife have people refer to it as an act of terrorism. Even though this and the other hate crimes will certainly terrorize the islamic community in Europe. We can forget about this after we read about it in the news.

'We shouldn't let the terrorists win' yeah sure, without terrorists there would be no rightwing nutheads.

Bullshit. We didn't have a notion of terrorism when Hitler came to power. Or when slavery was the norm in America.

Chariot

Extremists are the worst. No matter if muslim, christian or non aligned. Fuck islamists and fuck people who want to hurt muslims just because they're muslims.
So were the attacks last week Jewophobic and Christianophobic?
Jesus. Couldn't even have one page. JESUS.
But, yes the attack on the supermarket was pretty anti-semitic and you're an idiot.

the irony is that Charlie Hebdo ridiculed the Far-Right.
Now that Far-Right are taking ownership of those Mohamed cartoons as an excuse to justify their hate towards Muslims and Arabs even though that was never the intent of the cartoon.

Skyzard

Banned
So the posters who expected ordinary muslims to apologize for the other attacks are showing support for this one with their silence?

So were the attacks last week Jewophobic and Christianophobic?

They were both national terrorist offences, obviously, a muslim dunnit.

A major shift is happening in Europe.. I wasn't shocked to read today that Belgium now has hundreds of armed military patrolling the streets.

Politicians, insane people, ... are chomping at the bits at this excuse to be as radical as those Charlie Hebdo attackers.

Human nature doing its thing.
You should become a tabloid writer.

So people are starting to kill Muslims for being Muslim, out of fear that Muslims will kill non-Muslims for being non-Muslim?

Way to go, you've become what you fear.

What a tragedy. Unfortunately I only see this occurring more frequently with the Islamophpbic rhetoric that has resulted from last week.

Terrible. I really hope this isn't the beginning of tit for tat reprisals against innocents. This will only emboldened the extremes on both sides. The terrorists wet dream come true.

The beginning?

http://m.france24.com/en/20150113-f...harlie-hebdo-terrorist-attacks-islam-mosques/

France has seen an alarming rise in violent anti-Muslim acts across the country following last week’s string of terrorist attacks, carried out by three Frenchmen claiming links to foreign Islamist groups.

In a stirring speech to the National Assembly on Tuesday, Prime Minister Manuel Valls said France must combat growing anti-Semitism and protect “our Muslim compatriots”, days after terrorist attacks that left 17 people dead in Paris, including four at a kosher supermarket.

“France is not at war with religion. France is not at war with Islam or Muslims. France will protect, as it always has done, all of its citizens. Those who are believers and those who are not,” Valls told lawmakers.

“Anti-Muslim acts that are unacceptable and intolerable have taken place in recent days. Attacks on a mosque, a church, any religious building, cemetery, are an assault on our values,” the prime minister added.

Earlier on Tuesday, a prominent French Muslim group said that more than 50 violent anti-Muslim acts had taken place in the past six days, citing figures from France’s Interior Ministry.

“Twenty-one attacks (including gunshots and thrown grenades) and 33 threats (letters and insults) have been recorded since Wednesday”, Abdallah Zekri, president of the National Observatory of Islamophobia, said in a statement. He pointed out that the figures did not include similar acts that had taken place in the French metropolitan area.

Kathian

Banned
Killing others for their beliefs? Religion of pea...oh wait.

On a more serious note, there was a killing of an immigrant a few days ago in Dresden.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/20...den-eritrean-refugee-murder-far-right-germany

In addition to the grenades and gunshots at Muslim targets in France last week.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/20...acklash-charlie-hebdo-grenades-islamic-france

Dresden has no evidence if racial motive far as I am aware.

Lamel

Banned
That is horrific. I am sure there are many attacks like this that go unreported. The innocent Muslims are the ones who end up suffering the most. What a terrible cycle.

Dresden has no evidence if racial motive far as I am aware.

Considering how long it took the police to even figure out that it was murder and not an accident or suicide I highly doubt they will be able to find the perpetrator and determine what the motive was. Well, if they even want to...

KmA

I always find it funny how after so-and-so terrorist attack everyone clamors for Muslims to speak out and stuff but in reality it is Muslims that always suffer the consequences of these attacks.

Gravidee

It's just a vicious, neverending cycle at this point. Extremists commit attacks in the name of religion, and the innocents are caught in the middle by both extremists and those who can't distinguish between the two.

The father of one, 47, was killed in the quiet village of Beaucet, near Avignon in southern France, while his 31-year-old wife Nadia tried to save him. She suffered wounds to her hands before she fled the scene with their child to call the police.
RIP :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom