• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat to plug into TV Games

DMczaf

http://www.gamespot.com/news/2004/07/01/news_6101813.html

Jakks Pacific announced that it is planning to release the arcade version of Mortal Kombat as a plug-and-play TV Games device. Of special interest to fans of the classic fighter, the controller for Mortal Kombat will be an exact replica of the original Mortal Kombat arcade panel. The device will be available in October for about $20.

Each TV Games product is a stand-alone device that contains all the hardware and software needed to play the game in the battery-powered controller. Players simply plug the controller into the A/V jacks of their TV and begin playing.

Also included in its holiday lineup are Spider-Man and World Poker Tour games. Currently available TV Games titles include Ms. Pac-Man and an Atari package. More information about the product line is available at the Jakks TV Games Web site.

AniHawk

The Genesis one sounds better. Kid Chameleon, Sonic the Hedgehog, Golden Axe, and others I can't remember.

SyNapSe

Those sound sweet. I hate getting fighting games for my consoles because I don't have one of those nifty arcade pads.. like x-arcade.

Defensor

Mistaken iRobbery!
scola said:
can you play two player tough?
I don't think so...

arcade-legends-genesis-20040624115535033.jpg

Anyanka

Sounds cool. Wonder if it will actually be good. That'll be 3 different versions of MK1 coming out this fall...

DMczaf

Anyanka said:
Sounds cool. Wonder if it will actually be good. That'll be 3 different versions of MK1 coming out this fall...

Midway Arcade Treasures 2

MK TV Games

and... :O

belgurdo

Banned
Grr...all of this recent talk about...."that game"...is starting to get me interested in it for the first time since...well ever. MAT2, here I come...

This is very cool, but not having a two player mode for a fighter kills it for me. Would've been nice if they could have designed it so two of them could link together for two player matches.

Anyanka

The special MKD was up on Gamestop's site for a while, but it's been taken down. Probably means Midway is going to annouce it soon.

No two player is pretty weak, but who's actually going to play two player MK1?

Hellraizah

MoxManiac said:
Wait, the articles says the original arcade panel? Wouldn't that cost a lot more than $20?
Exactly what I was thinking. It's probably gonna be some cheap shit that "looks" like the arcade, but very small.

evil ways

Hellraizah said:
Exactly what I was thinking. It's probably gonna be some cheap shit that "looks" like the arcade, but very small.

It'll probably be a small generic control pad/stick with a cheap decal or sticker of the MK arcade panel.

Dujour

Banned
MKII, the right amount of everything.

MKIII, too much crap in it, like a bloated baby from a Silent Hill game.

Top Bottom