• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MSI Afterburner (4.3.0 beta 14) and RTSS (6.5.0) now support DX12

ISee

MSI Afterburner is a very well known tool for GPU overclocking, co-developed by MSI and the Guru3D RivaTuner team.

This is the new public BETA release of MSI AfterBurner 4.3.0 (Beta 14). Over the past few weeks we have made tremendous effort to get a lot of features enabled for this build. All recently release graphics cards are supported, this entails the entire Nvidia GeForce GTX Series 10 including 1060, 1070, 1080 and Titan X (Pascal). For AMD the Radeon RX series 480, 470 and 460 support is now included. Not just that, we have also updated RTSS, our statistics server that enables the overlay with MSI AfterBurner to offer DirectX 12 overlay support

A note for multi-GPU users - currently the DX12 OSD is not supported when DX12 application use explicit multiGPU rendering.

DL Link and full Version info.

So far I only had time to try out the DX12 OSD and screen capture feature in ROTT and BF1. It seems to work.

bf1_2016_09_07_20_24_1sue6.png

rottr_2016_09_07_20_0gluxp.png

dr_rus

It's still in beta and it may be wise to wait for release which should happen by the end of Sep.

Parsnip

Looks like they still recommend 4.2 stable if you are on an older card, but if you are on Pascal and whatever the AMD's latest stuff is, they recommend 4.3 betas.

Time to download.

We recommend using the final build 4.2.0. if you are using Kepler/Maxwell GPUs, however if you purchased a GeForce GTX 1060, 1070, 1080, Titan X or AMD Radeon RX 4x0 graphics card we can recommend you to at least try out this latest beta.

dr_rus

Minor bump for those with SLI/CF systems:

One more experimental build of RTSS 6.5.0 to be tested on SLI/CF systems in DX12 applications using explicit multi-GPU rendering mode (3DMark TimeSpy and Rise of Tomb Raider). I expect to see OSD partially visible on SLI/CF now: the OSD should be rendered when the frame is being processed by GPU1 only, so in case of AFR usage you'll see OSD displayed on odd frames only (it will result in OSD flicker effect). I'd like to see confirmations of such expected OSD behaviors from SLI/CF system owners.
http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=5335238&postcount=91

Javin98

Banned
Yes! One of the main reasons I switched back to DX11 on RotTR was because Afterburner wasn't working on DX12.

SnowTeeth

Banned
I still have no idea on how to use these applications. I can associate games in RTSS but I don't have a clue if it actually works or not.

Yudoken

Mhmm, newest version causes a problem with Steam overlay (or big picture mode) which does not work with Street Fighter V anymore.

dr_rus

They are working on adding UWP support too aren't they?

I'm sure I read that anyway.

Any word on when UWP support is coming? That's what I'm waiting on.
No UWP support is planned for AB/RTSS and this means that it won't be coming for the next year at minimum. Vulkan support is in the roadmap however.

Mhmm, newest version causes a problem with Steam overlay (or big picture mode) which does not work with Street Fighter V anymore.

The new version turned off delayed injection for overlay when running alongside Steam's overlay since Valve can't fix their shit for years. Bug Valve about updating their overlay to be compatible with other overlays, they haven't bothered with this for some years now.

As a workaround, you can restore the old behavior by going to "C:\Program Files (x86)\RivaTuner Statistics Server\ProfileTemplates\Global" (Global at the end is a file), finding the string "InjectionDelayTriggers" in it and adding ",GameOverlayRenderer64.dll" to it:

Code:
InjectionDelayTriggers			= IGO64.dll,GameOverlayRenderer64.dll

Phionoxx

Thanks for the heads up OP. Dumb question but when you move from version to version of Afterburner and RTSS, do the user defined custom PC settings and profiles carry over?

Recently got a stable OC profile setup for my card and not sure if I need to go through and write down everything for the profile prior to trying out the beta version.

Caayn

No UWP support is planned for AB/RTSS and this means that it won't be coming for the next year at minimum. Vulkan support is in the roadmap however.
Bummer, until then I'll have to use DXtory + Afterburner with my G15v2.

Top Bottom