• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mumbai Gullies: GTA Inspired Game Set In Mumbai

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

In this feature series, we have highlighted many such games including but not limited to Wronged Us, Derelicts, and Rooted among others. Today, we will be looking at yet another open-world game, Mumbai Gullies which is in development at GameEon Studios.

This looks to be an ambitious game from a relatively small-scale developer, which makes this one worth discussing in detail. Of course, the biggest differentiating factor in case of Mumbai Gullies when compared to the open-worlds we have discussed before is that it's not a hybrid of survival and sandbox elements - but is a more focused and traditional open-world experience like say, Grand Theft Auto.

While details on the game’s story remain scant for now, the developer has mentioned that it will entail an Indian protagonist as he embarks on a journey to reach to the very top of this city of dreams. You will start as a lowlife goon as you try to make a name for yourself on the streets (or gullies in this case), and slowly and steadily - you will be rising up the ranks and ultimately become an important figure in running the city’s underworld.

Business

Looks quite bad tbh, but as a concept I'd love to see more games like GTA set in other parts of the world. Sleeping dogs was really good, but a very rare exception.

Animations look awful.

uRM2uhJ.gif

Lasha

It looks like a US city with a few Hindi textures for flavor. Or an early 2000s spy game with a Mumbai level. Mumbai has a look and what was shown doesn't capture the diversity or chaos of the city. I doubt GameEon has the resources to pull off a project so ambitious.

we need more Getaway/Sleeping Dogs type games. so im for it. idk if it was a fever dream but i swear i saw someone on youtube play a game like this. where u were a cop

Bluecondor

Man, it's a tough crowd in this thread. I think it is intriguing to see a GTA-like game set in Mumbai, which, at least to my recollection, has never been featured in a video game.

If this game has even GTAIII level (i.e. a 2001 era PS2 game) graphics and gameplay, it will likely be a 100+ hour game for me.

Top Bottom