• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Rumor] GTA 6 Set to Feature Joe Rogan Podcasts on In-Game Radio Stations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kikorin

GTA radio has always been one of the best things of the game. I still listen to Radio Flash FM of Vice City from time to time, I prefer with the speakers too than just the songs.

coolmast3r

"bridging real-world media with virtual gaming experiences"

This is the type of crap that just straight up ruins games. I play games to be transported to another universe. If I wanted to listen to this guy's podcasts or whoever else I would just go to YouTube.

Giallo Corsa

Gold Member
image-4-1024x574.png.webp

The Grand Theft Auto series, renowned for blending intense action sequences with often biting social commentary, is about to get a significant dose of reality. A trusted source close to Rockstar Games has revealed that the much-anticipated GTA 6 will feature episodes of “The Joe Rogan Experience” (JRE) as part of the in-game radio lineup.

A Groundbreaking Move​

Integrating real-life podcast episodes into a fictional world like GTA is a move not many saw coming. However, considering the realism and depth Rockstar Games is known for in the GTA universe, it shouldn’t come as a complete surprise. The inclusion of Joe Rogan’s iconic podcast adds a unique layer to the immersive experience that the game promises.

Why Joe Rogan?​

For those unfamiliar, Joe Rogan, a former UFC commentator and stand-up comedian, is the host of “The Joe Rogan Experience,” one of the most listened-to podcasts worldwide. Rogan’s expansive guest list ranges from scientists and philosophers to celebrities and politicians, discussing an eclectic mix of topics. This wide variety makes the show a fitting choice for GTA’s equally diverse world, providing players with the option to listen to deep philosophical conversations during a calm drive through the city, or perhaps something more light-hearted during a high-speed chase.

How Will It Work?​

gta-6-leaked-picture-1024x576.jpg.webp

Details on the integration are still a bit murky, but it’s rumored that players will be able to tune into a JRE radio station while driving in-game vehicles. Given the length of some JRE episodes, it’s likely that Rockstar might choose to include select highlights or perhaps specific episodes that align with the game’s narrative or themes.

Player Reactions​

The gaming community has had mixed reactions to this revelation. While some laud the inclusion as a revolutionary step in bridging real-world media with virtual gaming experiences, others question the relevance of a real-life podcast in the game’s fictional setting. One player commented, “I play GTA to escape reality, not to be reminded of it.”

What This Means for Future Games​

The inclusion of real-world content, like JRE, suggests that game developers are actively looking for innovative ways to bring even more realism to the gaming universe. If successful, GTA 6 could set a new trend, paving the way for more such collaborations between popular media figures and game franchises.

Beyond Rogan: A New Listening World​

Business_Joe-Rogan-648064372-1024x768.jpg.webp

While the inclusion of “The Joe Rogan Experience” has raised eyebrows, we’re hearing that other big names from the podcasting world could be on the roster. This move potentially introduces a diverse range of content — from true crime stories to technology discussions, and everything in-between.

Real-Time: A Bold Decision​

The idea of real-time podcast streaming is ambitious. Imagine driving around Los Santos and catching a live broadcast of today’s trending podcast. It’s a big leap from the pre-recorded and curated content we’re used to, and it could mean every gameplay session offers something fresh on the airwaves.

Conclusion​

Whether you’re a die-hard JRE fan eager to cruise through the streets of the latest fictional city while listening to Rogan’s interviews, or a skeptic unsure about the blending of realities, one thing is for sure: GTA 6 promises to be a game-changer in more ways than one.

Source: https://audioviser.com/gta-6-set-to-feature-joe-rogan-podcasts-on-in-game-radio-stations/

no-nooo.gif

Joe-Rogan-laughing-1110x1065.png

Last edited:

Liamario

Banned
I would prefer a more curated station or pre recorded radio. I have Spotify, I don't need Rockstar to provide me radio in this form.

Hudo

Suddenly my already low interest in GTA has vanished completely.
Maybe but GTA sells so many units that they probably couldn't care less if some vocal minority on Twitter (who never planned to buy the game anyway) is losing their shit. That's at least my hope.

coolmast3r

I thought GTA was supposed to be about escapism lmao
Exactly. Kinda baffling seeing some people predict who's gonna be triggered by including this guy's podcast and not saying anything about the fact that it ruins the in-game world and takes you out of it.

It's a popular podcast but I'd prefer something created that would parody the real world. If you like JRE there's endless podcasts and stand up of him, it's like running water at this point.

yanhash

Former UFC commentator? It would make more sense if it satirized the dude bro podcast with a Rogan parody. I like Joe but this would be funnier

Ironbunny

I would absolutely love this! Please be true. Having some episode of Rogan talking about UFOs or Bigfoot while an such actual event is happening in GTA would be cherry on top.

ReBurn

Gold Member
Would save their writers time by not having to create political parodies, that's for sure.

ergem

The only thing I like about Rogan is that he’s an anti idiot wokes. And that’s enough for me to not care. Will buy day one.

DrFigs

So is this like scripted or improv? Like they're going to have fake scientists and celebrities on? If that's what it is, it sounds pretty interesting. If they're just going to have actual joe rogan podcast episodes, then it would seem like a huge waste of money.

Last edited:

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Not really a fan of the dude but I highly doubt it.
If it's true though.... there maybe hope for GTA6

StereoVsn

Not a fan of Rogan, but if it's optional, sure, just seems a waste of money. Would rather they licensed more good music.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom