• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Muramasa Rebirth |OT| Japanese-tastic 2D Vanillaware Action, Reborn in HD

Just received my shipping confirmation from Amazon and it should be here in the morning. Quite excited to get back into it. Looking forward to that jump button!

Foxix Von

Managed to hunt down a copy today. Holy shit this game is gorgeous. I tried playing the Wii version when it first came out but it looked like ass on my tv and I had some overscan problems with it. This version though? DAMN! This is a good looking game.

Doesn't hurt that it's fun as hell either hahaha.

slade

Loving this game. It's like a 2d Onimusha and I haven't played anything like Onimusha since 2007 when I picked up Genji 2 for PS3.

My friend imported this and I just saw him playing it at his house on the Vita.....DAT OLED GOODNESS!

My God it looks absolutely gorgeous on that screen! It physically hurts me that this is not out in Australia.

Grisby

My god this game is gorgeous. I have a feeling I'll be using that gif in august again.

Plays pretty nice too. Never got more than an hour or so into the Wii one.

Noi

Legend's description makes it sound like easy mode. Is it easy mode?

It's more like Legend = Normal, Chaos = Hard
and Fury = Super Hard.

There's no real difference in difficulty between Legend and Chaos, Legend just lets you block things that Chaos doesn't. You can even swap between them in-game if you think Legend is too easy to play.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
and Fury = Super Hard.

There's no real difference in difficulty between Legend and Chaos, Legend just lets you block things that Chaos doesn't. You can even swap between them in-game if you think Legend is too easy to play.

Well just making sure since I don't like playing on easy difficulties and prefer to do a Normal run at first.

Fistwell

EU - Sorry! :(
REALLY!?!

*flips a table*

I was vaguely looking forward to playing this game! I struggle to place words on my mild, nondescript disappointment!
And my wife just flew back from the US, why nobody tells me these things!?! ;'(

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
So sounds like the first thing I should do is change the controls before starting the game. Just glad you can actually do that this time around.

Out for delivery. Now to wait for UPS to arrive.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Forget the translation and DLC, this is the superior version of Muramasa just because of the control customization options. It plays so much better now.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I'm enjoying this game. I don't see why it's hated so much. I'm certainly fine with the gameplay but the backtracking can definitely be a chore.

This is one of the few games that I enjoy backtracking in. I look at it as an opportunity to admire the gorgeous art that I may not have been able to focus thoroughly on during my first way through.

RMI

Banned
Arrival date is today.

So excited. Loved this game on the Wii, can't wait to see it on that Vita screen.

Man it looks insanely good on the vita, just got my LE through amazon.

Question though, for the decal is it also a screen protector? The wording seems unclear to me, if I want to put it on do I have to take off my current screen protector? Anyone have a shot of their vita with it on?

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Man it looks insanely good on the vita, just got my LE through amazon.

Question though, for the decal is it also a screen protector? The wording seems unclear to me, if I want to put it on do I have to take off my current screen protector? Anyone have a shot of their vita with it on?
Yeah, the decal is one big piece and the screen area has clear plastic so it acts as a screen protector as well. You'll need to remove any existing ones for the smoothest application.

Yeah, the decal is one big piece and the screen area has clear plastic so it acts as a screen protector as well. You'll need to remove any existing ones for the smoothest application.

Ah ok, and yeah. Not sure if I'll put it on.

Bummer about the quality of the pouch, came with half of the lettering cut off :/

i7eA1Rf0dPDJr.jpg

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
My copy just arrived. Man, lithograph IS small. Might have some trouble finding a frame for it to display. Case is rather nice. Almost tempted to keep my Vita in there at all times, even while playing it. Gonna start the game once I finish another chapter of PxZ.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
I've been keeping my Vita in the case... doesn't seem uncomfortable in the slightest, doesn't add any noticeable weight, and leaves all the significant ports and buttons easily accessible.

Game is gorgeous on Vita, I really have no need for 3D gaming, if 2D can always be this vibrant and full of depth. ;-)

My Velvet case came perfectly, no cut prints at all, though it does feel kinda overkill to have that nice bag PLUS the grey protector.

Only problem with the Litho for me... is that I wish we got one with Momohime on it, as well! ;)

I don't know if I want to use the screen protector... I've had a naked Vita since getting it last year, and I've never put it into a position to worry about scratches or surface damage.

Giolon

and Fury = Super Hard.

Also leveling up in Legend (formerly Musou) causes you to gain more power relative to your enemies, whereas in Chaos (formerly Shura) you're basically leveling just to keep up with the enemies.

I actually found some situations where Legend difficulty made certain encounters harder, b/c the auto-blocking would tend to cause your swords to break faster and leave less energy for using their special powers.

Don't know if this was answered before, but how do you tell which recipes I guess (since thats all I know of right now) are instant use or can be saved up for later?

Noi

Don't know if this was answered before, but how do you tell which recipes I guess (since thats all I know of right now) are instant use or can be saved up for later?

The ones that have the number counter next to the name are made to go!

antitrop

My first impression is very nice. Really whetting my appetite for Dragon's Crown and I'm enjoying getting some use out of my Vita. Soundtrack is fantastic.

CrovaxPSO

Echoing what everyone else has said, this game looks beautiful on the Vita. Amazon shipped the limited edition to me in a bubble envelope so of course the box is all smushed in, but nothing inside was damaged so it's all good.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Packaging was slightly dented on the corner for me as well (damn it, Amazon. You used to be real good on packaging stuff), but otherwise, everything inside was alright.

Gotta agree the game looks much nicer on the OLED screen. The food looked so good, it was making me hungry...

Giolon

So, the port turned out good?

It really has. The customizability of the controls alone goes a long way. Strangely, I set them up to be more like the Wii version's Classic Controller...

I did a direct comparison of the game's visuals last night, and in addition to being higher res (though there are some exceptions, like the insides of houses still seem to use older low-res assets), the thing that really makes the game pop on Vita is that the saturation and contrast of the game has been really amped up. It makes the Wii version look pale and washed out (and my TV is calibrated).

NotLiquid

BAH. Over here in Sweden, Webhallen listed import copies of both the Limited Edition and the normal edition which are supposed to be out the 28th. Midnight's here now and neither are listed in any of the stores or at their central stock despite massive pre-orders. Had it pre-ordered for quite a while too.

Looks like they might not get it unless it's already sold out and pre-orders update in the morning. I'm sad now.

I'd forgotten how absurd the backtracking in this game could be. It just makes you go through huge stretches of barren lands for no reason :/ They don't even throw in enemies most of the time.

Still, enjoying it a LOT more than I did on the Wii due to the improved controls. The addition of a jump button really is a game changer, and it looks even better because it isn't being stretched to my tv.

Mine seems fine to me.
The hard case thing feels pretty cheap though.

The pouch is fine, I'm just bummed mine came damaged. It's a minor thing I suppose but it's still annoying.

Why do you go through doors when you press Jump? >:/
Why can't you map that to Attack or something?

Also wow this game looks pretty on Vita.

Ah, okay then.

It is mapped to attack as well, you just can't unmap jump to enter :/

And yeah, it's incredibly gorgeous. Dragon's Crown is going to make me cry, and this game has confirmed the platform I'll be getting it on is Vita.

bodine1231

Spider boss used to be a cakewalk but now he's kicking my ass HARD. Fought him 5 or 6 times already,on Wii I beat him at level 25 but at 30 on Vita I'm getting destroyed. The little spiders do so much more damage now!

Edit: Finally beat him,jeez,had to use 8 Sake's though.

Grisby

As I'm getting into the game proper now I've got a few questions for wii vets.

1) Any secret areas other than those demon/combat caves/caverns (have seals and tell what level you need to be) that I can miss? I'm not going to my objective areas (just exploring and shit) but I was curious if there were any 1 time events or something.

2) I was pretty beat when I started this last night and I missed the importance of the fullness mechanic. The food looks delicious though and now I suddenly want sushi.

Top Bottom