• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mutant Football League|OT|: MFL Blitzing my way to the Mayhem Bowl.

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
ybxyx55p
ybop3k4o
ycjy6wmj
Official Thread

Mood music brought to you by Monsatan Industries"If the law can't stop us do you think you can?" Mutant League Theme cover
Play the demo brought to you by Steam"If there's a 3 in there we ain't touching it!" Steam Store Page

Release Date: (PC)October 31st 2017 (PS4 and Xbox One) January 19th
Price: $19.99
Developer: Digital Dreams Entertainment
Genre: Arcade Sports
Number of Players: 1-4 Local, 2 Online
Platforms: PC (Steam), with PS4 and Xbox One in 2018. (They want to release the PS4 and Xbox version in time for the Superbowl. Also Digital Dreams in talks with Nintendo to bring the game to Switch)
Links
Official Site / MFL Twitter / Michael Mendheim Twitter

ycu63wk8

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
yahomlls
Mutant Football League is the spiritual successor to 1993 hit Mutant League Football. It's produced and lead by original Mutant League creator Michael Mendheim, and is a 7-on-7 arcade styled American Football game heavily inspired by games like: NFL Blitz, NFL Street, Backbreaker and Blood Bowl. Where the goal is to get the most points at the end of the 4th quarter. Or kill enough of the opposing team that they can't field a team anymore, and have to forfeit. With pre/post game and play-by-play commentary by Grim Blitzrow voiced by NBA Jam & NFL Blitz legend Tim Kitzrow.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Features:
- Voice work from Tim Kitzrow.
- 5 Races each with their own perks and disadvantages: Skeleton, Alien, Orc, Robot, Human Mutant
- 18 Teams each with their own All-Star players, and Dirty Tricks.
- 18 Home stadiums each with their own traps( Landmines, Pits, Giant Worms ect.) and weather hazards (Lightning storms, Acid rain, Blizzards ect.)
- 5 game modes with 5 difficulties settings from Newbie to AllStarMasochist.
Play Now (Exhibition mode play with up to 4 players with each other vs AI or competitive)
Season (Play a series of games, and try and make it to the Championships. Then onto the Mayhem Bowl.)
Playoffs (Jump right into the Championships and go for the Mayhem Bowl.)
Online (1v1 games)
Practice (Can play alone with no opponent to test out controls and Dirty Tricks. Or you can throw in some AI to test out plays.)

Talked about upcoming features from the dev team:
- More races are coming Werewolves and Demons.
- Team/Plays/Stadium/Character customization.
- Cheerleaders
- Single player story mode. Where you create a player and take him through games learning more about the Mutant League world.
- Coaches they added slight commentary to the old game, but they were mostly there for extra comedic value. They all had amazing lost screen animations I hope they get added.
ya7h2k9e

Beginner tips:

Hurting players after a play is all well and fine. Even killing them, but killing them after the whistle blows will get you yardage penalty. Although often it is worth the penalty to kill an All-Star player (Players with stars over their heads.) or Quarterbacks on their team (Once they lose 3 Quarterbacks you win).
y8zq5esc

Watch out for field hazards when you have the ball. If you are killed while holding it you will fumble and give the other team a chance to steal the ball.
y6uacjdl

Save your offensive Dirty Tricks for 3rd and 4th downs. They let you push the ball to the first down line (yellow line) when you need it the most
yd69l43n
yaupuuc6

Some Dirty Tricks like Bombs away are good for killing off some of the other teams players. Just make sure to hit the B button to switch to your receiver and move him away from the blast.
yaal89e7

Defensive Dirty Tricks like Strawberry fields (my favorite one) if used during the 4th down, can pretty much guarantee a turn over.
y73kcosh

Using the Bribe Ref Dirty Trick is a good way to have every play go in your favor. Even if the opposing team scores a touchdown a bribed ref will just call them out for not partying hard enough in the end zone. Stripping the touchdown away from them and give them yard penalties.
ybywvcss

Make sure to use the Ref attack Dirty Trick to kill a bribed ref. You dont want someone on the take calling plays get a new ref in there.
ydgmtorc

Teams, Players, Dirty Tricks and Stadiums:
-Nuked London Hatriots
All-Stars: Bomb Shady (QB), Falcon Rupture (CB), Demon Mcthwarty (S), Dante Firepower (LB)
Dirty Tricks: Beast mode, Shotgun, Ginormous, QB sack attack
Stadium: Phlegmbly Stadium, Ground Zero, London (Nuclear winter)
-New Yuck Tyrants
All-Stars: Steeleye Maiming (QB), Ginormous Stankins (Coverback), O'Hell Wreckem JR (Receiver), Abandon Brawlins (S)
Dirty Tricks: Bombs away, Warp speed, Berserk, Zap attack
Stadium:Threatlife Stadium, New Yuck, New Yuck (Cold and cloudy, light snow)
-Motor City Maniacs
All-Stars: Ratspew Splattered (QB), Stingy Lancet (Blitzer), Virus Decay (Coverback)
Dirty Tricks: Chainsaw massacre, Roid rage, Warp speed, Zap attack
Stadium: Gored Field, Detroit Rock City, Michigan (Perfect conditions)
-Mile High Chronic
All-Stars: Crib Adlib (Coverback), Von Killer (Line Basher), Fist Harrass (Coverback), Nefarious Comet (Receiver)
Dirty Tricks: Beast mode, Bombs away, Ginormous, Strawberry fields
Stadium: No Authority Field Indica Springs, Colorado (Sunny and trippy)
-Midway Mutants
All-Stars: Gorgon Powered (RB), Zany Leviathan (Line Basher), Violence Mcfearsom (Line Basher)
Dirty Tricks: Bombs away, Roid rage, Berserk, Thunderclap
Stadium: Mercenary Field, Chiraq, Killinois (Stormy with thunder snow)
-Microhard Mutilators
All-Stars: Hustle Killsome (QB), Hurl Vomit (S), Mouthy Sherminator (Cover Back), Slobby Banger (Line Basher)
Dirty Tricks: Roid rage, Shotgun, Berserk, QB sack attack
Stadium: Hard Crash, Mircohard, Moshington (Cloudy with rain)
-Malice Hellboys
All-Stars: Drak Bloodclot (QB), Spawn Fleas (Line Basher), Shriekial Helliot (RB), Dead Tyrant (Receiver)
Dirty Tricks: Chainsaw massacre, Roid rage, Ginormous, Thunderclap
Stadium: Hel-L Stadium, Gehenna, Texas (Hot as Hell)
-Leaveland Burns
All-Stars: Doit F. Shacknews (Enforcer)
Dirty Tricks: Flame on, Shotgun, Berserk, Strawberry fields
Stadium: Fist Energy Stadium, Leavland, Ohio (Toxic smog, Acid rain)
-Insane Cults
All-Stars: Andspew Upchuck (QB), T.Y. Hellbent (Receiver)
Dirty Tricks: Bombs away, Warp speed, Berserk, Hot potato
Stadium: Mucous Asylum Stadium, Looneyapolis, Craziana (Perfect conditions)
-Grim Bay Attackers
All-Stars: Airbourne Dodgers (QB), Slay Wrathspew (Line Basher), Heehaw Trix (S), Ghouly Full-nelson (Receiver)
Dirty Tricks: Flame on, Shotgun, Berserk, Warp speed
Stadium: Slambone Field, Grim Bay, Ex-consin (Blizzard conditions)
-Galaxy Chaos
All-Stars: Xeno-Hunter (QB), Apex Predator (Receiver), Elite Sanghelly (Cover Back)
Dirty Tricks: Bombs away, Warp speed, Strawberry fields, Zap attack
Stadium: Ceti Alpha Stadium, Meteorite DCLXV1 (No weather, duh.)
-Deadlanta Vultures
All-Stars: Ratty Ice (QB), Dementia Freakman (RB), Ghoulio Bones (Receiver), Brick Sleazy (Line Basher)
Dirty Tricks: Roid rage, Shotgun, Berserk, Warp speed
Stadium: Dirty South Dome, Deadlanta, Georgia (Warm and humid)
-Croakland Invaders
All-Stars: Rave Scar (QB), Reggae Hellscent (S), Martian Beast (RB), Maulie Smack (blitzer)
Dirty Tricks: Beast mode, Chainsaw massacre, QB sack attack, Zap attack
Stadium: The Hell Hole, Croakland, Crazedzonia (Heat and lightning)
-Cardinal Sins
All-Stars: Scary Double-barrel (Receiver), Rabid Bloodstun (RB), Killpatrick Beaterson (CB), Tyrant Wrathspew (S)
Dirty Tricks: Bombs away, Flame on, QB sack attack, Warp speed
Stadium: University of Chimera Stadium, Tombstone, Scarizona (Extreme heat and dry)
-Blitzburg Steelheads
All-Stars: Sven Rottenburger (QB), Hambonio Crown (Receiver), Invadervon hell (RB)
Dirty Tricks: Beast mode, Chainsaw massacre, Ginormous, Thunderclap
Stadium: Three Mile Island Stadium, Steeltown, Pittsvilevania (Nuclear lighting, Acid rain)
-Tokyo Terminators
All-Stars: Akinori Sumoninja (RB), Otomo Akria (Receiver)
Dirty Tricks: Chainsaw massacre, Warp speed, Hot potato, Zap attack
Stadium: Croakyo Dome, Tokyo, Japan (Perfect conditions)
-Scarolina Panzers
All-Stars: Wham Neutron (QB), Nuke Freakly (Line Basher), Lawless Heinous (Line Basher), Bled Moldsen (Receiver)
Dirty Tricks: Flame on, Shotgun, Berserk, Ginormous
Stadium: Stank of America Field, Chuckit, South Scarolina (Clear and calm)
-Orcs of Hazzard
All-Stars: Cletus Moonshine (RB), Cooter Spuke (Blitzer), Eustice Mustang (Enforcer)
Dirty Tricks: Chainsaw massacre, Fart, Ginormous, QB sack attack
Stadium: Skinnin B. Johnson Stadium, Gristle Jock, Gore-ga (Rain and lightning)

System requirements
MINIMUM:

Processor: Intel Core2Quad 2.67 GHz or AMD Phenom II X4 965
Memory: 4 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460
DirectX: Version 11
Storage: 6 GB available space

RECOMMENDED:
Processor: Intel i5-4590
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070
DirectX: Version 11
Network: Broadband Internet connection
Storage: 6 GB available space

y8cwxapo
y9t8fzww
y789d7fk
y9cnul79

Last edited:

Ombra

Memories. Me and my little bros playing this while not giving two shits about real football..if it plays well this may end up being a sleeper hit.

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
Loved the Genesis game and even the shitty cartoon as a kid. Wasn't there a Kickstarter for this?

Yeah there was a failed IOS game Kickstarter. After it failed he took the game back to its roots and made a straight up Mutant League game, and if this one dose well they will work on other sports (give me my Mutant League Hockey!)

I'll be getting the PS4 version for sure. I assume Bones Jackson will make an appearance in some fashion.

EA owns all the old team names and player names no Bones Jackson or Bones Justice :(. But the names and team names in this are really dang good!

As Rygar mentions, there is a Steam demo. Game is a blast. My PC doesn't have the goods to run it well but I will likely get this on the Xbone. Haven't picked up a bone yet but this game truly has a system-seller quality to me.

And yes, the team and player names are terrific. Developers seemed to have a lot of fun coming up with th names. Also worth noting that the (default) commentary is R-rated and a hoot. (Default in the demo, may have a turn-off function).

Great work Rygar!

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
As Rygar mentions, there is a Steam demo. Game is a blast. My PC doesn't have the goods to run it well but I will likely get this on the Xbone. Haven't picked up a bone yet but this game truly has a system-seller quality to me.

And yes, the team and player names are terrific. Developers seemed to have a lot of fun coming up with th names. Also worth noting that the (default) commentary is R-rated and a hoot. (Default in the demo, may have a turn-off function).

Great work Rygar!

Really loving this game.

amdb00mer

Can't wait for this to hit consoles. I hope it does well so we can get Mutant league Hockey as well. Enjoyed both games back in the Genesis days.

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
Can't wait for this to hit consoles. I hope it does well so we can get Mutant league Hockey as well. Enjoyed both games back in the Genesis days.

Yeah man they should have it out in time for the Superbowl so early 2018. I am also pumped for it to do well, I want to see what their take on every sport is.

The new launch patch is out, has new UI and 2 new arenas for Insane Cults and Tokyo Terminators.

And a new trailer.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPUqcL1MDSA

PrimeBeef

Picked it up on a whim. This is way mote fun that it should be considering I can't win a fucking game. 1st and goal on the 1 yrd line. Punched in but then received 10 penalties in a row that pit me back on their 1. Shit like this would make quit but it's so fun and fast.

Voorhees

Picked it up on a whim. This is way mote fun that it should be considering I can't win a fucking game. 1st and goal on the 1 yrd line. Punched in but then received 10 penalties in a row that pit me back on their 1. Shit like this would make quit but it's so fun and fast.

Bro, the computer bribed the ref. Kill him immedIately when you get a penalty.

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit

The ref is bribed, use the kill ref dirty trick to get a new ref in there. Every team gets the bribe ref and kill ref dirty trick, you can do the same thing back to them.

Edit: All dirty tricks refresh after the first half of the game as well, so don't be afraid to use them.

PrimeBeef

The ref is bribed, use the kill ref dirty trick to get a new ref in there. Every team gets the bribe ref and kill ref dirty trick, you can do the same thing back to them.

Edit: All dirty tricks refresh after the first half of the game as well, so don’t be afraid to use them.
Ty and the guy above. Never played MLF sice I only had Nintendo systems. Will check that out after class. But reading they had a hockey game as well. I hope they can do that too. Been way too long since a good arcade hockey game has been out.

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
Ty and the guy above. Never played MLF sice I only had Nintendo systems. Will check that out after class. But reading they had a hockey game as well. I hope they can do that too. Been way too long since a good arcade hockey game has been out.

No problem, and yeah they said if this game dose well they will look into other sports. I for one hope they remake ML Hockey, and use the NHL Hitz styled gameplay, mixed with ML carnage of course.

Edit: Oh yeah, one of devs said the target release date for the console version of MFL is January, and before that happens they will have added both other races (Werewolves, Demons with more coming if the game dose well).

PrimeBeef

No problem, and yeah they said if this game dose well they will look into other sports. I for one hope they remake ML Hockey, and use the NHL Hitz styled gameplay, mixed with ML carnage of course.

Edit: Oh yeah, one of devs said the target release date for the console version of MFL is January, and before that happens they will have added both other races (Werewolves, Demons with more coming if the game dose well).
Oh yeah. Killed a few refs won some games. I never knew how much I needed this.🖒

PrimeBeef

Oh man, so I get the game now and have won the rest of the season and championship with forfeits on all but two games. Killing all their QBs is fun and worth the penalties.

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
Has anyone tried it on the Xbone?

I'd like to know as well. I'll most likely try and find some streams, want to see how it runs on console.

Oh man, so I get the game now and have won the rest of the season and championship with forfeits on all but two games. Killing all their QBs is fun and worth the penalties.

Ha nice, as long as you don't take them out near the end zone you are good. Also a good idea to sprint your QB out of bounds, and take the damage over being killed if you play on the harder difficulties.

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
And here we are only a week away!

CAN NOT WAIT! This may sound ridiculous to some people but this and Super Mega Baseball 2 are my two most anticipated games this year just behind OnRush.

This made it on my Game of the Year list for last year. One of the best arcade sports game in a long long time.

MC Safety

I have the Xbox One copy.I've only played two games as part of a season so far, but I am enjoying it.

I'm getting Blitz vibes about the commentary. The quips are usually overlong and scatalogical and only occasionally funny.

Game is fantastic. I have a played several regular season games (Xbox One) and it simply delivers. A very well realized update to the Mutant League name. So many lol moments, can’t wait to play my brother and others ... an ideal title for multiplayer.

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
Patch came with a new team the Killadelphia Evils. Along with their home stadium, and even a theme song.
y7mtc8ub

Last edited:

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
Looks like the game will be hitting Nintendo Switch in September with the new Dynasty mode, races and stadiums!

DYNASTY PACK – Become the coach and GM of your favorite MFL team. Win multiple championships to become the league’s next Dynasty. Includes player XP, roster management, team salary caps, custom playbooks, player trades, free agent signings and multiple season gameplay!
bba0a75d3be5609faed584e33e6b887a_original.jpg

DEMONIC LEGION PACK – Includes the brand new Hell-Spawned Demons species, two additional devilish Dirty Tricks, two brand new teams, and their corresponding stadiums!
69e5ea1a3274421e9cbba510bec7900b_original.jpg

WEREWOLF RAMPAGE PACK – Includes the brand new Rampaging Werewolves species, two additional ferocious Dirty Tricks, two brand new teams, and their corresponding stadiums!
4e424adebdc0c9276f11ea3d15f5b84b_original.jpg

The Mutant Football League: Dynasty Edition is blitzing retail stores this September! This is a physical release that will include new exclusive teams and gameplay content! If your bookshelf feels like it is missing something, pick up your copy on the Nintendo Switch™, PlayStation®4, or Xbox One and make that bookshelf feel complete!

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Looks like the game will be hitting Nintendo Switch in September with the new Dynasty mode, races and stadiums!

DYNASTY PACK – Become the coach and GM of your favorite MFL team. Win multiple championships to become the league’s next Dynasty. Includes player XP, roster management, team salary caps, custom playbooks, player trades, free agent signings and multiple season gameplay!
bba0a75d3be5609faed584e33e6b887a_original.jpg

DEMONIC LEGION PACK – Includes the brand new Hell-Spawned Demons species, two additional devilish Dirty Tricks, two brand new teams, and their corresponding stadiums!
69e5ea1a3274421e9cbba510bec7900b_original.jpg

WEREWOLF RAMPAGE PACK – Includes the brand new Rampaging Werewolves species, two additional ferocious Dirty Tricks, two brand new teams, and their corresponding stadiums!
4e424adebdc0c9276f11ea3d15f5b84b_original.jpg

The Mutant Football League: Dynasty Edition is blitzing retail stores this September! This is a physical release that will include new exclusive teams and gameplay content! If your bookshelf feels like it is missing something, pick up your copy on the Nintendo Switch™, PlayStation®4, or Xbox One and make that bookshelf feel complete!
physical release? Woooot! Super happy about that.

Top Bottom