• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My 4 year old is playing her first video game tonight. What was the first game you remember playing?

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
The Wii U is still going strong in my household. It was my 14 year old daughters first introduction to gaming too. Now she’s put in over 200 hours into Tears of the Kingdom.

My 4 year old is going to play Super Mario 3D World. She’s super excited to play as Peach.

The first game that comes to mind for me is Super Mario Bros. Son the NES.

This bad boy right here:

DkkcIbi.jpg

This one for me:
tKVs8Ky.jpg

I got the Platinum for playing the trilogy earlier this year, and I still had a great time even more than 2 decades later.

My first ever video game, Mr Robot and his robot Factory / Atari 800XL

And i was 4 years old too :)

Last edited:

Guilty_AI

I honestly don't remember, i do remember having a bunch of games i played as a kid but i don't know which came first. Dangerous Dave, SNES Aladdin, Sonic, Test Drive 5, Flight Simulator 1998, Hover!, Monster Truck Madness (demo)...

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
We had a Pong knock off but I dont remember playing it.

The first games I played were probably on an Apple clone computer. Probably something like Lemonade Stand, Decathlon or Evolution.

I honestly don't remember, i do remember having a bunch of games i played as a kid but i don't know which came first. Dangerous Dave, SNES Aladdin, Sonic, Test Drive 5, Flight Simulator 1998, Hover!, Monster Truck Madness (demo)...
Monster Truck Madness.. lol I used to love this game. I thought it looked awesome and was so fun to drive off the track and into some hilly area.. not sure if I only had the demo also or full game.

_Ex_

First video game I ever played was back in 1982, it was Smithereens! on Magnavox Odyssey 2.

My first game was a soccer game on SNES
I was 4 so I don't really remember which one but it was probably International SuperStar Soccer

DOW

Super Mario Bros was my first. My son’s was Sonic 2 (he’s now 8 but was 3 at the time).

It’s been a lot of fun experiencing his growth into gaming. He loves to play coop games with me.

Sleepwalker

My first console was a SNES with super mario kart and killer instinct. So either of the 2, nothing like karts and blood to cheer up a 5yr old kid with a broken leg.

Last edited:

Hoppa

Probably Prince of Persia on an old school Mac with the floppy disk

Last edited:

93xfan

Banned
The Wii U is still going strong in my household. It was my 14 year old daughters first introduction to gaming too. Now she’s put in over 200 hours into Tears of the Kingdom.

My 4 year old is going to play Super Mario 3D World. She’s super excited to play as Peach.

The first game that comes to mind for me is Super Mario Bros. Son the NES.
Super Mario Bros (NES) was my first game too! Wasn’t immediately hooked.

Super Mario Bris 2 though had me the moment I saw it. Loved playing that as the princess as she could float.

Last edited:

Phase

Of what I can remember it was original nintendo, mario or duckhunt. Used to play it when we visited our cousin's house before finally getting my first console a bit later which was the SNES. I remember buying the Super Nintendo at KB Toys for $90.

FeralEcho

I honestly don't remember what my first one was,i was 3 or 4 years old,either Super Mario Bros or Batman on NES.I have vivid early memories of Super C and Ninja Gaiden as well.Then on Genesis stuff like Batman Returns(darkest game i had,pretty creepy music and atmosphere in that game and loved it)Addams Familly,Earthworm Jim 2,Streets of Rage and alot of awesome licensed shit like Pinocchio,Flinstones,Aladdin,Lion King(God,the Genesis was such an amazing time).

My first PC game was Super Star Wars but my most vivid memory of my first PC game is of MDK2.

No wonder Bloodborne is my favourite game of all time with so much dark atmospheric games in my childhood.

I have vague memories of Super Mario Bros. when I was probably 4 at someones house. Grandmother bought me a SNES and Super Mario World when I was 5, first game I have real memories of.

Top Bottom