• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My cat has ringworm

Stouffers

Banned
Small hairless patches above her eyes. Vet believes it’s ringworm and prescribed some ointment. What do we need to clean? Do we keep her locked away for a few months? She’s crying.

Try to disinfect whatever you can. Keep the ointment on as the vet says. Ringworm isnt painful so the crying is probably more due to being annoyed with the ointment.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
Didn't your vet walk you through exactly what you need to do?

Were you listening?

Or are you pretending/actually abusing a cat with hopes that this thread will take off?

Falcs

Banned
Common guys.. He's asking for help. He obviously feels bad having to lock up his cat, otherwise be wouldn't have mentioned she's crying.
OP, I take it the Vet probably told you to isolate her?
I've had to isolate my cats in a bathroom before due to health reasons. One was sick and the other one wasn't.
It sucks, but it's for their own good.
Put all your cats stuff in the bathroom. Beds, scratching posts, toys, everything.. And spend as much time as you can in there with her so she gets more used to it.

She went to the vet. Take her back and then what?

I didn’t personally take her. My wife did and all her told her was to put the ointment on the skin. I read the isolation stuff online.
I know you went to the vet, I read the OP. But if you don't know what do do or how to apply the ointment best thing to do is to call the vet or go see him.

*Nightwing

Congrats on the ringworm.... You have it too. No point in keeping cat locked up if it's been everywhere. If I remember correctly while being too lazy to Google it's similar fungal infection to athletes foot so if u see a circular spot anywhere on ur body u can use athletes foot cream on it and it will also clear up in a month or too.

Kenpachii

Step 1:

Go to a vet

Step 2:

Do what the vet tells you

Step 3:

If that doesn't work, go to another vet.

repeat until problem solved.

I got ringworm from my cat a few years ago. I put on a cream and it went away pretty quickly. I never kept her locked away.

Don't listen to what the dumbasses on the internet tell you. Unless the vet told you to quarantine the cat, don't. If you're unsure, call.

Karmic Raze

Step 1:

Go to a vet

Step 2:

Do what the vet tells you

Step 3:

If that doesn't work, go to another vet.

repeat until problem solved.

giphy.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom