• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nanostray DS new trailer

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Drinky Crow said:
How come you doucheclowns weren't shitting your capri pants for Iridion 2, another second-tier Euro shooter by the same company? Heck, it puts graphics over any nuance as a shooter, as well! Same lame bosses, same simple bullet patterns, same unbalanced weapons, same clumsy mechanics!

A few visual nods to Radiant Silvergun doesn't put it any where near the same class.

WAIT -- Iridion 2 wasn't a title for a content-starved platform! Silly me; I always forget about First Year Syndrome, where people get hyped for shit that wouldn't fly in an established system's library, like Luigi's Mansion and Silpheed. Whoops!
Are you the bastard child of Yamauchi after he raped your mother or something? Jesus fucking christ, Drinky. :lol

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
StRaNgE said:
Fuckin cool!! it is IKARUGA in portable form!!!

did Ikaruga have another name that you all are referring to up top?

some of the same exact scenes are in the cube version but different colors seem to be in this. is this a straight port or does it just borrow some of the ships and backgrounds and animations from it's gamecube version?

This is not at all any version of Ikaruga. It's a completely original title. In fact, Nanostray seems kinda similar to Radiant Silvergun, a game made by the same people as Ikaruga. Ikaruga was generally considered to be a spiritual successor to RS, but I don't really see that, honestly.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Mejilan said:
This is not at all any version of Ikaruga. It's a completely original title. In fact, Nanostray seems kinda similar to Radiant Silvergun, a game made by the same people as Ikaruga. Ikaruga was generally considered to be a spiritual successor to RS, but I don't really see that, honestly.

Well, it's codename under development was project RS-2 or something like that.

Tony HoTT

Banned
I think it looks pretty fun regardless of what games it borrows from. As far as bullet patterns go, if anyone has ever played the Raiden series of shooters there are hardly any bullet patterns at all and it's still a blast to play. What makes the game intense is the scoring system, and the well aimed bullets.

Iridion II bored me to death, but I thought it was mostly being held down by being on the GBA. I'm looking forward to seeing how Nanostray turns out.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Never played Iridion II but this game looks pretty good and I can totally see the RS elements (the snake, some of the weapons). I'm really hoping this turns out well, it'll be nice to play a quality portable shooter.

Teddman

I had fun with this at E3, it really is a direct rip of Radiant Silvergun--which is not a bad thing. Nice 3D camera moves, a good array of selectable weapons, even warning screens before bosses...

The controls (which depend on what weapons you have, this is the default):
A = Normal shot
B = Homing lazer
X = Smart bomb
R = Pull in coins from dead enemies (used to buy weapons between stages)

My only real criticism of the game was that they might as well have had you automatically pulling in coins, it's not as if you'd ever want to miss them.

dbish

radioheadrule83 said:
what touch screen controls?... isn't it just a weapons switch? That'll probably be attributed to buttons as well (like the Nitros in NFSU). Other than that it's just a screen for radar and scores..

Gosh I hope you're right. There's no way I'm going to be able to touch a screen to switch weapons on the fly. If you can use a button (no reason not to, ds has plenty), then +1 sales for me.

3D graphics, splash effects, and visual aesthetics do not Radiant Silvergun make.

A deep chaining system, amazingly cunning boss encounters, nuanced bullet patterns, and weapon balance DO.

Shin'en is not Treasure. Period.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Drinky Crow said:
3D graphics, splash effects, and visual aesthetics do not Radiant Silvergun make.

A deep chaining system, amazingly cunning boss encounters, nuanced bullet patterns, and weapon balance DO.

Shin'en is not Treasure. Period.

Shin'en doesn't have to be treasure to make a decent shooter. Period.

Shaheed79

dabbled in the jelly
GaimeGuy said:
Are you the bastard child of Yamauchi after he raped your mother or something? Jesus fucking christ, Drinky. :lol

You never saw the locket he wears around his neck?

DrinkysLocket2.jpg

:(

Top Bottom