• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 |OT| Go Ninja Go Ninja Go

Ferrio

Banned
And I'm a bit disappointed Shizune and Kushina still aren't playable. Hopefully DLC will fix that. I also miss joke characters like Akamaru and the puppets from the old Naruto games.

Has she ever fought enough in the manga to actually make a moveset for her?

theta11

earv is hooking y'all up with some avatars:
1_hokage_4.png

Thanks!

Marlowe89

How far does this game go? Story wise? I haven't watched a single trailer or played the demo but I'm hyped!

It goes up to
the five Kage vs. Madara
at least, which is a good deal farther than where the anime is right now.

They really outdid themselves with this one.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
How far does this game go? Story wise? I haven't watched a single trailer or played the demo but I'm hyped!

Well the video people are linkin to here has the same title as the second-to-last story mode trophy. Based upon the title and icon for the trophy after it, it looks like the game will end with
Naruto/Bee fighting Tobi and the Jinchurikis. Whether that chapter of the game is in parallel with Sasuke/Itachi fighting Kabuto is yet to be seen (though the OP lists Kabuto in multi with "snake mode" awakening, not "sage mode" awakening, which might imply it doesn't actually go up to his fight). It seems like it'd be ideal to end with Madara showing up to fight alongsite Tobi, cause really, there is no way to end this game without a cliffhanger.

I didn't play generations, was Kakashi Gaiden in there? If not,
I could see that actually being the beginning of Storm 4, leading directly into the Obito reveal.

SykoTech

Nope, not watching that. Held off this long on all the boss battles, not gonna crack now. The impressions are encouraging though. That's not a fight for them to screw up.

Roll on Tuesday.

Has she ever fought enough in the manga to actually make a moveset for her?

She used some poison needles/fog moves. And with characters like Karin playable, I'd say that should be more than enough to be a candidate.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Actually, I think the best way to end this game would be the
Obito reveal...

I mean.. they could do that. But it'd make the last chapter a lot longer than I figured it might be, and would guarantee that they had to
include the Kabuto fight, which I'm not sure they'll do
. At least it would set up the next game great,
having it start with Kakashi Gaiden as I suggested earlier, but play all the way through Obito meeting Madara and whatnot, Kakashi killing Rin, etc. Kind of an analogue to playing Kushina in Storm 3 here.

I sure do wonder if Storm 4 will even be a current-gen game though. I can't imagine it really will, we'll be a good two years into the next gen until they've had enough time to make it, and there's enough storyline to cover. I can't WAIT to see how these games look on PS4-caliber hardware, but surely they wouldn't actually make it "4" then. I wonder if they'd start all over again, or what.

Esura

Banned
All this Storm 3 hype making me want to buy this. I played a bit of Storm 1 and 2 but got annoyed at unlocking all the characters. I just wanted to play as my fav in Storm 2 online. :(

Kokonoe

Banned
Well, I have this set to my gamefly so I can't wait to play whenever I get it. Does anyone know if the spamfest is still in this game? and is there a tutorial mode? Thanks.

That's not even remotely close to how things happened in the anime...

To be honest the probably started working in the game after
the second chapter Madara appeared, so there's why he is still using his first stage susanoo and not the walking ones, 25 walking susanoo clones or perfect susanoo

I sure do wonder if Storm 4 will even be a current-gen game though. I can't imagine it really will, we'll be a good two years into the next gen until they've had enough time to make it, and there's enough storyline to cover.
I imagine they'll put out another title like Generations during the period between 3 and 4, maybe with versions on both current and next-gen systems. Then we might end up in a similar situation for 4 with what we're dealing with now, with complaints about the dreaded copy/pasta.

Skilletor

You'd think this would bother me but god I really want to see CC2 games next-gen.

Well, they did skip a lot of part 1 in the storm series. I want the chuunin exams. I want the forest. I want Naruto v. Neji, Rock Lee v. Gaara, Sasuke v. Gaara.

They could do the chase for Sasuke justice.

And yes, Haku and Zabuza. So good.

JohnTonne

Wait, why does the Raikage have his left arm? Thought he cut it off while fighting Sasuke during the Kage Summit arc?

I figure it's gameplay reasons, since some characters animations might require them grabbing your left arm. In one of the DBZ games Future Gohan had both his arms too and I specifically remember Piccolo having the move where he grabbed your arm, tossed you, and fired a blast, against an armless Gohan he would be grabbing air.

That's probably their reasoning, I figure.

Why is there no story mode for this game? this literally has the same visual quality as the anime. goddamit this looks so f**king good.

they could. they could make the entire series playable as a series of game, like the ubisoft games. couldnt you have overworld exploration, followed by cut scenes and voices from the anime, and then 3d-seperate stage fights?

I mean - you could tell the entire saga of naruto, and without fillers in great visual HD quality, getting to play many of the cool battles taking art assets, moves, controls and gameplay from these three games.

My feelings is that Naruto is this great shounen work. it just needs trimming. removing the fillers, cutting down on unnecessary fluff, you could have a great story. 50 hour action adventure game with light RPG elements. going up to time skip. and then another one from shippuuden to pain arc. and then the third game from the great ninja war arc.

Its difficult to get new people into Naruto when the body of work is so big. fillers really make it off putting. Kishimoto as a mangaka has gotten so much better over the years. somehow this man has a knack of dealing with many characters at a time. he is really good at that, even if treads the same waters often.

Kabuto

Why is there no story mode for this game? this literally has the same visual quality as the anime. goddamit this looks so f**king good.

they could. they could make the entire series playable as a series of game, like the ubisoft games. couldnt you have overworld exploration, followed by cut scenes and voices from the anime, and then 3d-seperate stage fights?

I mean - you could tell the entire saga of naruto, and without fillers in great visual HD quality, getting to play many of the cool battles taking art assets, moves, controls and gameplay from these three games.

My feelings is that Naruto is this great shounen work. it just needs trimming. removing the fillers, cutting down on unnecessary fluff, you could have a great story. 50 hour action adventure game with light RPG elements. going up to time skip. and then another one from shippuuden to pain arc. and then the third game from the great ninja war arc.

Its difficult to get new people into Naruto when the body of work is so big. fillers really make it off putting. Kishimoto as a mangaka has gotten so much better over the years. somehow this man has a knack of dealing with many characters at a time. he is really good at that, even if treads the same waters often.

what are you talking about? The story mode is the biggest part of the game.

Raxious

I just saw the ending battle, and it looked pretty damn awesome, however the way they end it is pretty disappointing imo.

Mr. Fix

I just saw the ending battle, and it looked pretty damn awesome, however the way they end it is pretty disappointing imo.

It's odd how they never make use of
Tobi's intangibility
during those cutscenes. Naruto shouldn't even be able to hit the guy the way he did.

Top Bottom