• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 |OT| Go Ninja Go Ninja Go

Necrovex

All of this Naruto love simply reminds me of my high school days. I remember how hyped I was Shippuden was starting when I was in my junior year of high school. I only watched twenty or thirty episodes of it though. I really need to go back and plow through Shippuden.

I hope it's UNS4 and not another Generations lol ;__; I did not touch that abomination cash in.

i did, used, returned it and still felt dirty.

Sound Four are extremely forgettable. The only remarkable thing is Tayuya is hot in cursed seal form.

your opinion is moot to me when that's you basis for a character being memorable -__-
I liked her hungry spirit manifestations.. freaky stuff.

Just checked the OP and this Collector's Edition doesn't seem to be listed there:

TrueDespair2.jpg

Just saw it when browsing Webhallen. It's available all over Europe as far as I know.

Also saw this for the US:

Storm-3-USA-Collectors-Edition-01.jpg

Akai__

Will get this on day 1. Previous titles were great, so I'm hoping, that this will be, too. The demo wasn't that good, but the fight between Madara and Minato was quite entertaining and a little too easy with the new awakening mode, in my opinion.

Good job with the OT btw. :)

My copy just arrived. I'll double check what my embargo says, but over the weekend I might be able to answer some questions about this (as well as the 3DS game).

they were the villains for the best arc, how could you hate on them?

I dunno. They just didn't work for me. I also didn't like how formulaic the battles were. Additionally, none of the abilities they used were very cool to me.

Kinimaro, on the other hand, was fucking awesome.

they were the villains for the best arc, how could you hate on them?

denzel_intro.jpg

MY MAN! You know whats up!

I dunno. They just didn't work for me. I also didn't like how formulaic the battles were. Additionally, none of the abilities they used were very cool to me.

Kinimaro, on the other hand, was fucking awesome.

The curse seals where what made them, in what way were the battles formulaic though..are we remembering the same battles?..CC2 would have made them epic :(

Neonsands

Neo Member
Can anybody tell me if they updated Jugo at all? If I don't get the 4th Mizukage and Jugo remains unchanged, I might just die.

Someone from Scamco France released a statement saying that all the fans wanting the Edo Kages/Kin and Gin and complaining about copy and paste characters are being immature and ungrateful lol.

Took this from Saiyan Island.
1) The communication stated that San Matsuyama not duplicate the pattern Generations by delivering the full versions of all current and young characters. Some characters are still Genin? Ok, sorry for those who thought otherwise, but it remains playable characters and in the end people will complain about having more characters.
Does this communication simply not accurate enough to dress up Storm 3 bad game? Obviously not, and those who say otherwise are ungrateful.
2) we showed a trailer in which the Edo Kage was shown in the story mode. Every mention of Edo Kage was titled "XXX Vs." This means that the player faces during the story mode. Kinkaku and Ginkaku Ditto for, as well as the 7 swordsmen.
Where is the lie?

And to finish with the traditional 'You do not listen to the fans', the fact that the answer is already evidence to the contrary. The fact is that in-game story mode in Storm 2 but further claimed as the fans after Storm Generation is the second proof.
Especially as we know that the community Naruto is now so vast and varied, it is impossible to satisfy everyone. We will continue to produce ever more grandiose sets designed to satisfy most fans first.

A bientôt
Tony (community Manager Europe)
facebook.com/tony.shoupinou

denzel_intro.jpg

MY MAN! You know whats up!

The curse seals where what made them, in what way were the battles formulaic though..are we remembering the same battles?..CC2 would have made them epic :(

Maybe formulaic was the wrong word. I think the best way to describe the battles with the Sound Five were "predictable", with the exception of the Sand Siblings coming to the rescue at the last minute. I didn't see THAT coming at all, and I enjoy being surprised. Also, I get the thing about the cursed seals, I just thought they were boring with abilities that didn't really make them stand out very much.

In thinking about it, Neji's battle with the spider guy was anything but formulaic, but Choji's sure was. The entire thing was both of them powering up until there was a victor. Sheesh.

Not trying to derail he thread with antagonist observations, I swear. :p

Kinimaro is cool.

Dragoshi1

Took this from Saiyan Island.
1) The communication stated that San Matsuyama not duplicate the pattern Generations by delivering the full versions of all current and young characters. Some characters are still Genin? Ok, sorry for those who thought otherwise, but it remains playable characters and in the end people will complain about having more characters.
Does this communication simply not accurate enough to dress up Storm 3 bad game? Obviously not, and those who say otherwise are ungrateful.
2) we showed a trailer in which the Edo Kage was shown in the story mode. Every mention of Edo Kage was titled "XXX Vs." This means that the player faces during the story mode. Kinkaku and Ginkaku Ditto for, as well as the 7 swordsmen.
Where is the lie?

And to finish with the traditional 'You do not listen to the fans', the fact that the answer is already evidence to the contrary. The fact is that in-game story mode in Storm 2 but further claimed as the fans after Storm Generation is the second proof.
Especially as we know that the community Naruto is now so vast and varied, it is impossible to satisfy everyone. We will continue to produce ever more grandiose sets designed to satisfy most fans first.

A bientôt
Tony (community Manager Europe)
facebook.com/tony.shoupinou

So they won't confirm if the Edo kage and the others will even be DLC characters?

Why do I have the tiniest feeling they will pull a Storm 1 and make assist/support characters the only DLC?

I don't see myself getting this day one. Kinda burn from the series. Feels like they added nothing new outside of the characters. They need to change up those Ougis too...

Mesoian

All of this Naruto love simply reminds me of my high school days. I remember how hyped I was Shippuden was starting when I was in my junior year of high school. I only watched twenty or thirty episodes of it though. I really need to go back and plow through Shippuden.

My advice? read it. Studio Pierot is pretty inconsistent when it comes to quality and you'll be able to make it through the Manga WAAAAAAAAAAY faster. You just need to hit up the "boss fight" episodes, and you'll be okay.

PK Gaming

My advice? read it. Studio Pierot is pretty inconsistent when it comes to quality and you'll be able to make it through the Manga WAAAAAAAAAAY faster. You just need to hit up the "boss fight" episodes, and you'll be okay.

this

the anime honestly sucks and the fillers are dreadful

Zephyrus

Banned

And miss the animated Kyuubi vs Pain fight?

That's a gem right there.

Not really. When you say you worked 3 years on a game and still have Jugo in his pajamas, c'mon man that's the definition of lazy.

Jugo doesn't have any fans >_>. No only is this game infinitely superior to the shit One Piece and Bleach get, but doesn't it has the series biggest roster so far. There's a lot of characters in the Naruto series, and some of then got barely any showings or are just recently out in the anime. It's understandable.

Marlowe89

Generations was more of a side game and sneak peek for 3 anyway since the latter was worked on shortly after they were done with 2 (unless I'm mistaken). Plenty of new characters were added to the mainline series.

IHaveIce

Banned
Jugo doesn't have any fans >_>. No only is this game infinitely superior to the shit One Piece and Bleach get, but doesn't it has the series biggest roster so far. There's a lot of characters in the Naruto series, and some of then got barely any showings or are just recently out in the anime. It's understandable.
Most of the roster ist just copied. But I shouldn't try to argue with you everyone who reads your post sees which side you already took. It doesn't matter which games OP/Bleach get for the quality of UNS3, I'm disappointed.with the roster, movesets and the costumes are a bad joke.

Neonsands

Neo Member

I like Jugo, and have been waiting for them to change him since he came out in NUNS2. He was the same in Generations, which was fine since it was basically an expansion. However this is the next numbered game and I expected changes to be made to match that. The changes from the first to the second game were astronomical, and even though the first and second were support-only, people enjoyed the roster and didn't complain.

The difference between these was that we got a whole new product with everything revised where it wasn't completely changed (in the second game). This game took Generations roster and added 21 characters, and subtracted a good portion of the PTS characters. Under 25% of the characters are new, and then some additional versions of characters were added. Characters still have the same outfits and move sets from the second game. That upsets me. Had they saved everything from Generations and just focused on this game, this influx of characters would have been amazing, but they already released so many of them.

I already have this game bought, and I sill play and enjoy it, Still, I'm unhappy with how this game was approached. That is my opinion, and I'd love for CC2 to fix that.

Akai__

Watched a coupple more videos. I can't wait to play this game. Games like this, are never getting old. It's so much fun.

wait how does awakening work exactly? you click the right stick, or you just movie it in a certain direction or what?

Judging from the demo, it isn't health related anymore. You will just have to move the right stick and you are in the awakening mode. Then you can choose also from two special moves, which are on cooldowns. I think, they are a little OP, but I only played the demo, so I don't know, how it will be in MP.

Uthred

Peoples expectations for this game seem naievly wild, looking at some of the posts here it seems that CC2 just basically couldnt satisfy them. The roster increase is pretty large compared to other fighting games and people seem to be completely ignoring all the single player content.

Top Bottom