• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 2 |OT| Finally, Tenten's Turn To Shine!

Crewnh said:
Read the manga. The anime is full of filler and badly animated episodes.

Up to Episode 175.

Which you can safely skip if you know they're filler beforehand.

The filler in Naruto is unbelievably bad, but the good stuff is also pretty good, so it makes for a very uneven show.

I think the really cool fights are better experienced in the anime anyway (original japanese voices though).

Coeliacus

crazygambit said:
The filler in Naruto is unbelievably bad, but the good stuff is also pretty good, so it makes for a very uneven show.

I think the really cool fights are better experienced in the anime anyway (original japanese voices though).
This doesn't account for the shoddy animation though. Probably the worst thing about the anime was it's take on the fight that this game ends at
Naruto vs Pain.
Just read the manga, the games interpretation of the action is well done if a little... creative.
Played up to Naruto vs Sasuke in story last night. The gameplay flashbacks to the end of the last game were classy

No one answered my question before. Does anybody know a forum where strats and character stuff is discussed for these games? Do they have a community at all?

So I'm at episode 141 in the anime, and I now know that the game goes up to episode 175. I'm trying to finish watching everything before the game comes out. Does anybody know if there are any filler episodes between 141-175? If so, what episode #s should I skip?

Peff

BentMyWookiee said:
So I'm at episode 141 in the anime, and I now know that the game goes up to episode 175. I'm trying to finish watching everything before the game comes out. Does anybody know if there are any filler episodes between 141-175? If so, what episode #s should I skip?

If I'm not mistaken, 144 to 151 and 170/171 were filler.

Lyonaz said:
Just got the Collector's Edition for PS3!

nsuns2.jpg

FUCK YEAH!!!

Not in the picture is the poster (same as the gamecover) signed by Kishimoto.

where did you order it from?

Chrysalis

Raw64life said:
So how far into the anime does this go? I'm a casual Naruto fan whose watching habits consist of watching 50-60 episodes at a time about once a year. I think episode 89 was the last one I watched.

If the character list is the same for the US version, the game goes right up to where the anime currently is. Basically through episode 175 of Shipuuden.

EDIT: Beaten...badly.

DihcarEM

Just bought my copy the EU CE like the picture a few posts above me.
Started playing the story mode(don't care much for multiplayer will probably start playing it once i'm absolutly done with the campaign), graphics are beautiful,vibrant and colorful. I'm loving the 2d backgrounds. Changed the voices to Japanese as soon as i could.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Sn4ke_911 said:
She is pregnant.

I know, but because it spans on the time even prior to
her pregnancy
, she should still be playable. She is in the Hero 3 afaik.

Does the game have music from the anime at all? I was always pissed that the NA versions of the DBZ games had crap music while the JPN version always got the original soundtracks featured in the show. I would so buy the JPN version if it contained the anime songs.

Randy

Nope, but believe me when I say that the music in NUNS1 was awesome and very fitting for the Naruto-universe. The music used in the NUNS2-trailers even seem to surpass the music from the first game.

Sai

Does Gameplay import? I kind of want that Collector's Edition now.

faridmon said:
WTF, is Naruto Hokage in the Manga?
It's just a pallet swap of Sennin Naruto.

I bought it today during work at GameMania in the Netherlands. I got the CE.

My guess that's the only one they got. I didn't see any regular ones on the shelves.

Still nice though, I like the laser art cell that came with it and the soundtrack is nice bonus aswell. The poster is ok, it's spoiled with text of the creator of Naruto.

No DLC card for Minato though :( I wonder if anybody else has this missing. As we speak, just checking out the game befor I go to bed.

Tiduz

Eurogaime
StickyFingers said:
I bought it today during work at GameMania in the Netherlands. I got the CE.

My guess that's the only one they got. I didn't see any regular ones on the shelves.

Still nice though, I like the laser art cell that came with it and the soundtrack is nice bonus aswell. The poster is ok, it's spoiled with text of the creator of Naruto.

No DLC card for Minato though :( I wonder if anybody else has this missing. As we speak, just checking out the game befor I go to bed.

the dlc card was behind the booklet for me in the gamecase, also from gamemania nl

oblo

360 version? Codes are missing in those CE's indeed, we (Game Mania Belgium) did get codes on paper to give with the games though so I don't see why that would be different up north? (They don't work yet though, should be ok tomorrow).

Skilletor

Koroshi said:
Well, yeah. That's how you get an upper hand while close-quarters fighting in this game.

As a sidenote,
I really hope they didn't just spoil anything in the actual series with Hokage Naruto. Hopefully it actually is just a costume with no relevance to the show.

It's a shonen manga. Of course he'll be Hokage eventually. It's hardly a spoiler.

DihcarEM

Koroshi said:
As a sidenote,
I really hope they didn't just spoil anything in the actual series with Hokage Naruto. Hopefully it actually is just a costume with no relevance to the show.
As Skilletor pointed out, that is the eventual endgame for the manga. In this game obviously it's just fanservice and has no relevance to the manga. I think when he eventually does become that he'll look differently.

Zoe

And as I pointed out earlier, Kishimoto deliberately covered up the portion of the coat that says which Hokage he is.

Skilletor said:
It's a shonen manga. Of course he'll be Hokage eventually. It's hardly a spoiler.
We don't know that for sure. I just don't like how Kishimoto was directly involved with crafting Hokage Naruto for this game. It seems as if he spoiled the ending. If I'm not mistaken, he's actually been drawn as Hokage on a cover of one of the Japanese manga volumes, too.

RS4-

blargh, I've never read or watched any of the Naruto stuff (or played the previous games) but I'm interested after watching a friend play this on ps3.

The thing we've both found really annoying: saving.
- Would you like to save?
- Would you like to overwrite?
- Would you like to quit to main menu?

...wtf. :lol

Koroshi said:
We don't know that for sure. I just don't like how Kishimoto was directly involved with crafting Hokage Naruto for this game. It seems as if he spoiled the ending. If I'm not mistaken, he's actually been drawn as Hokage on a cover of one of the Japanese manga volumes, too.

I love the series, and do not want it spoiled for me, but I personally dont find this to be a spoiler. I mean, did anyone really think the series would end with him NOT becoming Hokage at some point? The series that revolves around the main character whose only dream in life is to one day be the Hokage?

Skilletor

Koroshi said:

I look at it differently. I already know he'll become Hokage. That's not what interests me. The HOW he becomes Hokage is what is important.

But, again, this is a shonen manga. He'll become Hokage.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
This game needs more love. It's so good.

I just finished Chapter 4 out of
and my playtime is around 8 hours ...played it non-stop. :lol

desu

Crewnh said:
What the hell...everyone gets one ougi except Naruto and Sasuke who get three? Ultimate Ninja 3 had everyone getting at least two.

Yeah it was also the 3rd game in the series... (so half of the ougis were just dragged from the previous games...) ;).

Skilletor

desu said:
Yeah it was also the 3rd game in the series... (so half of the ougis were just dragged from the previous games...) ;).

This is actually one of my complaints with the game. The earlier games had a larger variety of techniques for everybody.

desu said:
Even Ultimate Ninja 2 had at least two. And Ninja Storm is pretty much the sequel series. They really can't top themselves at all?

desu

Crewnh said:
Even Ultimate Ninja 2 had at least two. And Ninja Storm is pretty much the sequel series. They really can't top themselves at all?

I forgot, "little" devs like CC2 have unlimited budget. Pardon me ...

Guess I will never understand people raging over "OMG NOT 2834284626263 OUGIS" while in the end they only use one anyway...

Top Bottom