• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nate The Hate: PlayStation 2022 information/leaks/predictions for Sony

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
I would be down for a Bloodborne remake I guess but I don’t think it even needs it. It would look just fine in 4k/60 with a chromatic aberration toggle.

yup, I literally just mopped up my platinum on it and all it needs is a boost in res and 60fps. Game would look amazing with that.

i hope they don’t remake it tbh because I’ve just played through NG++

bitbydeath

That makes it sound like the TLOU remake is a reboot. Could all the negative feedback of TLOU2 scare them off from continuing that story?

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
Chromatic aberration does wonders for atmosphere this game.

dog-slap.gif

RoadHazard

Gold Member
That's a whole lot of nothing. Except that I think having TLOU Remake as their big holiday title sounds like a terrible idea. Honestly I don't even know why they're making it. That game was on PS3 and PS4, a very large percentage of people who own a PS5 and would be interested have probably already played it (and the rest haven't because they weren't interested the first time around).

leo-j

The decision to remake TLOU1 still baffles me, what a waste of resources. I bet it will be a good game it just seems so unnecessary. I’d rather get sometging smaller in scale but that’s actually new.
I mean they remade Demon’s Souls. Which is a game frim that generation. A full fledged TLOU remake ground up to showcase ps5 graphics wouldn’t hurt. As long as they announced a new ip or something too. Uncharted 1 needs more of a remake than TLOU tbh.

skit_data

I mean they remade Demon’s Souls. Which is a game frim that generation. A full fledged TLOU remake ground up to showcase ps5 graphics wouldn’t hurt. As long as they announced a new ip or something too. Uncharted 1 needs more of a remake than TLOU tbh.
The big difference between those two would be that TLOU1 already was remastered for PS4. I would probably react the same way if Demon’s Souls was remastered for PS4. Another thing that separates those two was that Demon’s Souls was remade by Bluepoint and From Software is busy doing Elden Ring. Here we have the same studio remaking their own game that they already spent a long time porting from PS3 and remastering to PS4. Naughty Dog are one of my favorite developers but they honestly already take forever to release their games. It just seems like a distraction for them that further slows down their already slow development time.

Edit: I agree on the Uncharted 1 part, played through the whole collection plus UC4 recently and it sticks out like a sore thumb.

Last edited:

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
The decision to remake TLOU1 still baffles me, what a waste of resources. I bet it will be a good game it just seems so unnecessary. I’d rather get sometging smaller in scale but that’s actually new.
It aged badly. Looks old and plays old.
But it’s still baffling

bitbydeath

Maybe Pedro or the TLOU showrunners talked ND into keeping Joel around, so once the TLOU 2 remake comes around they’ll make some big changes.

skit_data

It aged badly. Looks old and plays old.
But it’s still baffling
Yeah, they improved a lot of the actual gameplay in the sequel and when playing TLOU Remastered you can feel some parts of it aged badly. I don’t think it has aged badly in terms of looks though.

ShirAhava

Plays with kids toys, in the adult gaming world
Nate is legit

but I honestly don't care about any of this and at this point I'd pay $70 to never play TLOU remake or otherwise ever again

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
"There is acquisition talk but nothing other than the two assuming Sony will target specific acquisitions (used as an example of Ember Lab). Nothing other than their thoughts following the recent news with no actual information to move forward on."

Idris Elba Table Flip GIF

Fbh

Yup.
Reading through that post...TLOU1 remake...Bloodborne remake.

Dude these are 2 of my favourite games of the last decade but I have zero desire or hype for remakes of them.
Make new stuff, not remakes of 1-2 gen old games.

All Bloodborne needs is a 4K 60fps patch.

Lupin25

That's a whole lot of nothing. Except that I think having TLOU Remake as their big holiday title sounds like a terrible idea. Honestly I don't even know why they're making it. That game was on PS3 and PS4, a very large percentage of people who own a PS5 and would be interested have probably already played it (and the rest haven't because they weren't interested the first time around).

It could be a great idea considering they’re plan will probably be to package both games (Factions 2/TLOU Remake) in time to help promote the show and likely as part of their continued “Director’s Cuts”.

It’s pretty obvious that’s their plan if GOWR will be ready by Sept.

yurinka

i thought bluepoint were working on their own original game
Bluepoint is confirmed to be working on 'original content instead of a remake or remaster'.

Since they didn't mention 'a new IP' which is the case when they are working on it, I'd assume is a sequel, spin-off or dlc for an existing game or franchise. And since they say 'content' instead of game I think they mean a DLC, or extra content for a 'Director's Cut/GOTY edition, meaning a PS5+PC upgraded port with extra stuff'.

So I'd bet they are making a standalone dlc, a.k.a. a shorter spin-off rehashing stuff of another game, as done with Miles Morales or Uncharted Lost Legacy. Maybe from Bloodborne, which could also be a dlc for a Bloodborne PS5+PC 'remaster' being made by someone else. Or maybe they got the Uncharted spin-off that ND was supposed to be making with Bend.

Or maybe they are codeveloping some game with other studio. As it could be something like the MP for GoT2 or Cory's new IP or the VR implementaton for some other big AAA game being developed for PS5 by other studio.

yurinka

I think he is just guessing and has zero insider info.

Except that I think having TLOU Remake as their big holiday title sounds like a terrible idea.
When Jason Shredder leaked it he said that when the Sony Visual Arts Group folks from San Diego pitched it (because they wanted to have their own project instead of being a support team) the idea was to bundle it with the PS5 versioin of TLOU2.

To release a Director's Cut bundle of TLOU remake + TLOU2 PS5 (would also be a good opportunity to release them both on PC, as they did with the Uncharted 4+ULL bundle) sounds more realistic than to release the remake alone.

Last edited:

Woggleman

I love TLOU 1 and 2 but we don't need a remake. If they want to make more TLOU make a Lost Legacy or Left Behind style expansion. Actually make new things which is a novel concept these days. Bloodborne just needs 60 FPS and a PS5 update.

A year with Horizon's sequel, finally a new main Gran Turismo entry, God of War's sequel, The Last of Us (both the remake and Factions), Forspoken, Ghostwire Tokyo and maybe Final Fantasy XVI...now THAT is a kick ass year if all this happens.

Plus PS VR2, Spartacus, etc...

Final Fantasy VII Part 2 next year made me laugh though....

Last edited:
That's a whole lot of nothing. Except that I think having TLOU Remake as their big holiday title sounds like a terrible idea.
Sony never has big holiday games now unless new hardware is released. This year they will have a huge TV show happening throughout those months and a remake from probably the biggest IP from the PS3 generation.

That thing will move a lot of units, trust me.

Inviusx

A Bloodborne remake is the most retarded suggestion I've ever heard. The game is only 7 years old and still looks and plays great. At the very most it needs a current gen patch to increase the resolution and framerate, that's it. Call it Bloodborne Ultimate Hunters edition or some shit.

Also TLOU remake is another retarded suggestion. It just got a remaster a few years ago which also looks and plays great.

All of this is complete nonsense.

Not enough Sony. It doesn't look bad as we have Horizon and God of War, but it's clearly missing a shooter or something more exciting.

They would have to reboot Twisted Metal to something totally different for me to be interested.

Especially not interested if they try to make it a car combat game same as other iterations but only with updated graphics.

But the cynical expectation is somekind of free yo play battle royal car combat. With MTX. Built on Unreal Engine. And looking like Fortnite.

Person6 I am certainly interested in though.

A Bloodborne remake is the most retarded suggestion I've ever heard. The game is only 7 years old and still looks and plays great. At the very most it needs a current gen patch to increase the resolution and framerate, that's it. Call it Bloodborne Ultimate Hunters edition or some shit.

Also TLOU remake is another retarded suggestion. It just got a remaster a few years ago which also looks and plays great.

All of this is complete nonsense.
I can agree with Bloodborne yes but Last Of Us remake kinda makes sense since there's a TV show coming. Key word being 'kinda'.
There's lots of $$$ to be made from a Last Of Us next gen collection to tie in with the TV series so I guess that's what they're trying to capitalize on 🤷‍♂️

Though thinking about it now I won't mind to see Bloodborne remake with the Dark Souls engine.

Top Bottom