• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nate The Hate: PlayStation 2022 information/leaks/predictions for Sony

That all sounds good to me. I’m interested to see how far TLOU remake goes. If they have the dodge system, the blended animation stuff, prone etc added in with their other new tech that would be interesting. It’s consistently been billed as a remake not a remaster, so I’m expecting some of things definitely changed rather than a purely visual update.

Tschumi

Guardians Of The Galaxy GIF

Tschumi

If i buy any games other than ff16 and horizon FW this year (I've already got gt and elden ring on preorder) I'm a total slut for games and need therapy

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
I legit wonder if the TLoU Remake is cross-gen.

I'd be absolutely stoked if it were. PS4 Pro still kicking about !

Now that you mention it...releasing stuff like the Resistance games on Spartacus would be amazing. I never played those games.
Can you image a new Resistance, a franchise reboot, with actual good story telling like PS Studios know how to do? Fuck, it could be an amazing game. Same thing with Killzone.

adamsapple

Now that you mention it...releasing stuff like the Resistance games on Spartacus would be amazing. I never played those games.

TBH I've always wondered why we never got a Resistance and/or Killzone trilogy remaster on PS4.

Money wasted, I would have bought those in a heart beat.

Can you image a new Resistance, a franchise reboot, with actual good story telling like PS Studios know how to do? Fuck, it could be an amazing game. Same thing with Killzone.
Now I want a Killzone like the 2nd one. Imagine something that good on PS5 only. Jesus.
TBH I've always wondered why we never got a Resistance and/or Killzone trilogy remaster on PS4.

Money wasted, I would have bought those in a heart beat.
They probably have data that it wouldn't sell that much. Not sure if the original games did good tbh...

Last edited:
Now I want a Killzone like the 2nd one. Imagine something that good by on PS5 only. Jesus.
That's exactly what PS is missing in my honest opinion. I bought the PS3 for Resistance 2 and had such a blast with it, as well with Killzone 2. Amazing games, fun. But nowadays PS Studios are more story-telling focused, so a Killzone or a Resistance with this type of storytelling could be a hit. Resistance 1 had amazing potential, with the WW2 being fought against aliens, fuck, there's no many possibilities.

Come on Sony, do something with these two franchises.

Actually, these past two days I've thought better about the AB thing, and Sony can easily get away with it by making correct choices. They need to ally with publishers like Take 2, focus on a GTA partnership, with EA, focus on a Battlefield partnership. Make exclusive deals, if needed, help with development in return if possible. They can acquire smaller studios with the goal of support. But they need to do something. Make it seem like GTA is exclusive, as well as Battlefield. Temporary deals also work, but it vastly depends on the games.

Develop first party shooters, arcade racers, even some JRPGs (but this one its basically covered with the FF series). I would also approach Konami for a deal with some of their franchises, mostly SH and PES.

Salz01

I‘m in the camp that thinks remaking TLOU is stupid. Nobody really asked for it. People want either something new from ND, another Uncharted or TLOU3. I personally can’t get excited by a TLOU remake. Been there, done that…..

adamsapple

I‘m in the camp that thinks remaking TLOU is stupid. Nobody really asked for it. People want either something new from ND, another Uncharted or TLOU3. I personally can’t get excited by a TLOU remake. Been there, done that…..

I mean yeah, you're not wrong in the slightest .... but then again if it releases on PS4, I'm definitely checking it out day 1 lol

Sony needs some new mangement if any of this is true FF7R part 2 being non cross gen is retarded FF7Rintegraded launch on the ps5 that game was talked about for about a week at best and that was it. Same game launches on PC " Not even in its final form" and it gets talked about daily along with crazy mod support.
In fact most of the JP people I follow on twitter said it was there 1st time playing the game sense getting a ps5 no a MSRP value is a shot in the dark. So i guess all legit 400,000 people will play the game and Sony will pay square the difference they could of made" like epic deals" on the front end instead of from actual sales.

Persona being an exclusive is a 50/50 Atlus already sent out multiple surveys asking where do you want future titles to go and switch, pc xbox is one of the questions they ask the most throughout them.

Boy bawang

Who is this guy and is he credible

He's been milking his "insider" status with the gullible Nintendo fans from the other forum (and now the other, other forum), but even them are starting to see through his bullshit. So I guess he'll try the same trick with another fanbase.

GymWolf

Chromatic aberration does wonders for atmosphere this game.
Anyway. Just put out the damn 4k60 remaster. No remake needed. In fact not wanted
Yep, it make me wonder what the fuck they were thinking when they included that crappy ass effect :lollipop_grinning_sweat:

Melchiah

I'm not sure if I want a TLOU remake, eventhough it's one of my all-time favorites, because I have a nagging suspicion they're going to retcon it to fit the sequel's perspective better, like they already did in the sequel, and put the tank there. If they wouldn't change anything with the story and characters, I'd be more than happy to play it with improved graphics and combat.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Yep, it make me wonder what the fuck they were thinking when they included that crappy ass effect :lollipop_grinning_sweat:
It's a 2015 game. TAA was not so wide spread yet and CA kinda helps to reduce anti aliasing while also making it loook... dreamlike ?
I am sure it will be gone in 4k remaster

GymWolf

It's a 2015 game. TAA was not so wide spread yet and CA kinda helps to reduce anti aliasing while also making it loook... dreamlike ?
I am sure it will be gone in 4k remaster
The game was infested with aliasing so that thing doesn't help for shit (also in 2015 you already had games smoot like baby skin).

That thing only looked like i was watching some parts of the game with some cheap 3d paper goggles...

But hey, if you like it, more power to you, me and 99% of players hated that shit.

Last edited:

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
The game was infested with aliasing so that thing doesn't help for shit (also in 2015 you already had games smoot like baby skin).

That thing only looked like i was watching some parts of the game with some cheap 3d paper goggles...

But hey, if you like it, more power to you, me and 99% of players hated that shit.
I could do without it too. especially at 4k and with good AA.
Can't wait. Come on Sony - Save playstation :p

kyussman

Its gunna be real pretty
That's the thing though for me,when your game looking nice is the main reason for picking it up it's an issue,I've already bought and played this game twice on PS3 and PS4.I haven't jumped on next gen yet and I'm expecting to do so towards the end of the year.....I'm probably going to end up with a PS5 and an XSX but if I'm looking at an XSX and a copy of Starfield or a PS5 and a copy of The Last of Us as my entry into next gen then there is an obvious winner there for me(granted,GOW will be out by then too).
Regardless,I'm sure the game will do well for Sony....it's just almost impossible for me to summon any excitement for it.

I would much rather a Killzone or Resistance reboot than The Last Of Us again, seems a waste of resources.
The last of us sold more than the entire Killzone series. I won't even mention Resistance. Plus it has a TV show debuting around the same time and Factions as well.

How is this a waste of resources?
It's probably Sony's biggest IP from the last 10 years.

Yoboman

I would much rather a Killzone or Resistance reboot than The Last Of Us again, seems a waste of resources.
TLOU Remake makes sense in line with the HBO series

Im not too interested but I'll play it if they package it up with Factions 2

Riky

$MSFT
The last of us sold more than the entire Killzone series. I won't even mention Resistance. Plus it has a TV show debuting around the same time and Factions as well.

How is this a waste of resources?
It's probably Sony's biggest IP from the last 10 years.

I really don't care about the TV show to be honest, Killzone is one of my favourite franchises and fills a genre Sony isn't covering anymore. Resistance would be my second choice, even if a different studio did either I would be happy. I really don't want to play The Last Of Us again, it's been done to death.

tusharngf

TLOU1 remake? the game looks awesome even to this day. Bloodborne remake is not needed but if they are releasing on PC with 4k textures that will be awesome.

Notabueno

Banned
I thought it was common knowledge that Sony was making a TLoU remake (for narrative revisionnistic purpose...), even if I dislike the idea.

What seems odd is the very little diversification Sony is heading towards, since most franchises mentioned (except Twisted Metal) are 3rd person action games. Where are FPS, platform and adventure games?

Last edited:
That makes it sound like the TLOU remake is a reboot. Could all the negative feedback of TLOU2 scare them off from continuing that story?

Lol, "all the negative feedback"? You mean by the vocal minority on internet forums?

The game was a critical darling, won multiple GOTY awards and was a smash hit.

DarthPutin

There was never a choice between TLOU remake and something ambitious, it was little group within VAGS initiative to create remake precisely because it would take little resources, on account of many assets being ready after TLOU-2. The project ended up in ND, who use it to keep on developers they don't yet need on their big project (whatever it is or are).

Whether it was wise to give VAGS this opportunity in a first place, they might as well finish it. It is better than letting your experienced workers go then trying to rehire them. By same logic they couldn't just replace remake with something new or remake of older game.

So it's not either/or situation. I guess at least it's bound to look amazing.

I'm not sure why we're bringing up that MillieA person into other person's rumors? Nate just said that we might see BP's original project, whatever that is, right? Nothing about remakes, smaller projects... ? (I almost typed Blueborne)))

And Yuffie DLC was PS5 only, stands to reason that Pt. II will be as well.

chonga

I mean they remade Demon’s Souls. Which is a game frim that generation. A full fledged TLOU remake ground up to showcase ps5 graphics wouldn’t hurt. As long as they announced a new ip or something too. Uncharted 1 needs more of a remake than TLOU tbh.
Yeah but TLOU was released right at the very end of the generation and got a PS4 version just over a year after the PS3 version.

And you don't really play TLOU for it's amazing gameplay. It is heavily story driven game.

Papacheeks

Banned
i thought bluepoint were working on their own original game

Did you actually read? They have 2 projects. One is Bloodborne sequel/Remake the other is a original Title smaller in size similar to Miles MOrales.

I thought they were porting bloodborne and then making a sequel to bloodborne.

Bluepoint started on it and handed it off I believe to another studio SOny works with. An external Partner, I think Nixxies is working on ghost port.

Not going to lie I wish this was so fucking true so bad:

Last edited:

Ogbert

HBO show is about to come out, which means market will be more interested in the games.

The original The Last of Us hasn't aged well in terms of gameplay.

There's a loooot of gamers today who haven't played the original.
Fair enough. I suppose it makes sense in that regard.

Pretty uninspiring stuff though.

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
More like Nate: The Fuck?

We really need to iron out our citation needed policy here.

A few days ago we had some dude being acquitted of shit and claiming his friend at Methway Studios claimed Sony and Nintendo were merging.

Not to mention that Jeff Grubb wipes his ass in the morning and the shit stain looks like a game character so half an hour later it's gospel that So-and-so Remake is due out Q1 2022.

Andodalf

Banned
HBO show is about to come out, which means market will be more interested in the games.

The original The Last of Us hasn't aged well in terms of gameplay.

There's a loooot of gamers today who haven't played the original.
IDK as someone who played Uncharted 1-4 and TLOU 1 last year for the first time, UC1 is the only one that I would say felt bad. UC4 being 30 FPS probably made it feel 2nd worse. TLOU2 does feel much better but it just feels good in general.

Top Bottom