• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Live 2005 Question?

Kai

I have always wondered why the NBA Live series has not followed Madden with the ability to play as old NBA Teams (i.e. 1995-1996 Chicago Bulls). It may have to do with the NBAPA or some other liscencing reasons, but if EA was able to do it with their football franchise why wouldn't they be able to do this with the NBA.

Imagine how great it would be to play as the old great teams against todays ballers or even same teams of different eras. Personally I would love to play as the 95-96 Bulls against the 86-87 Lakers.

What do you guys think?

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
They have done that in the past...

Kai

Really... I have had every NBA Live for this generation of consoles and I have never seen this option?

DMczaf

Whats weird is that they were going to put it in NBA Live 2004, then a couple of months before release they were taken out

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Kai said:
Really... I have had every NBA Live for this generation of consoles and I have never seen this option?

I didn't say for this gen..... but it wouldn't be all that bad.... However, they need to have the names... I hate playing with only the numbers.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
If they put it in it would be similar to Madden in the respect that it would be just the numbers. A lot of the players no longer have a contract with the NBAPA (players association) therefore it would be illegal for the NBA to use their names in any format. But if all you have to do is add the names and the attributes are already set and the players look like their old school counterparts then that is awesome. I would love to have the heavily tattooed Dennis Rodman in my game.

Top Bottom