• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Need baby name advice

Banned
Call it Lite.
Encourage it to be trans.

Switch Lite.

*school bully screech intensifies*

well,
for boy : Loan, Lucky, Lickylicky, Lupin, Losterousenius, Luintail
for girl : Lunala, Lavian , Lucionnestoarntame, Lufia, Lonnelley, Lancy

Cobenzl

Well, I did, bitch!

7e2d289be094410a916cdb7ce0089e29-610xh.jpg

Love you too.

Good knitting skillz!

ROMhack

Alright, here's some genuine videogame names beginning with L.

Girl:

Liara (Mass Effect)
Leaf (Pokemon)
Leannebell (Resonance of Fate)
Lyn (Fire Emblem)

Boy:

Laguna (FF8)
Leon (Resident Evil)
Lucas (Mother 3)
Layton (duh)

Preferences in bold

Ar¢tos

Boy: Bernard, Theodore, Caligula, Cletus, Mephistopheles, Archibald, Cornelius, Augustus, Ebenezer, Cuthbert, Ernest, Wilfred, Eustace, Reginald, Llewellyn, Percival

Girl: Lucinda, Augusta, Emmeline, Clementina, Tabitha, Wilhelmina, Ursula, Phyllis, Priscilla, Josephine, Gwendolyn, Cordelia, Gertrude, Dorcas, Deodata, Millicent, Fanny

If you want to raise your child genderless using pronoun "They", here are some good genderless names: Shitface, Retard, Dork, Smelly, Fugly, Wasteofspace, Shutup, stupid, Sam Smith.

I hope this was no help at all.

Shifty

Well OP, given that you're already thrice past the line of "don't give your kid an innocuous video game name" you might as well go full tilt and name your next one 'Warrior of Light'.

It also technically fits with the L scheme, sort of.

Since we're on GAF, the answer is "Sony".
You're meant to be thinking up names for a baby, not acting like one 🤔

Wittle diddums wiv his pewceived bias aw naw.

GAMETA

Banned
Lucas - Mother 3
Leon - RE2
Lynel - Zelda BotW
Levi - Shingeki no Kyojin
Leaf - Pokémon
Lars - Fire Emblen
Law - Ace Attorney?

Lora - Xenoblade 2
Lore - Dark Souls?
Louise - Death Stranding
Luíza - Spirit Animals
Lucina - Fire Emblem
Light - FFXIII
Luz - means light in portuguese

Or brake the L letter rule for girls

Samus - Metroid
Feena - Grandia
Aurora - Child of Light

Last edited:

Hudo

Well OP, given that you're already thrice past the line of "don't give your kid an innocuous video game name" you might as well go full tilt and name your next one 'Warrior of Light'.

It also technically fits with the L scheme, sort of.

You're meant to be thinking up names for a baby, not acting like one 🤔

Wittle diddums wiv his pewceived bias aw naw.
Sorry, wasn't trying to hit a nerve here. :messenger_blowing_kiss:

But when in doubt, go for a generic name so that at least the kid won't get bullied in school for it. Don't be like Kanye West and call your kids North or Chicago...

GAMETA

Banned
Btw, I suggested Link for my son but my wife just rolled her eyes hahahaha.

We end up naming him Sean, but we're in Brazil so the pronounciation is "Se-Un" instead of "Shawn"

Shifty

Lego Batman for a boy
You sir are a true mad lad.

Godspeed, and I hope young Lego Batman grows up to be a scion of justice without his parents having to die in a tragic crime-related incident first :messenger_grimmacing_

Sorry, wasn't trying to hit a nerve here. :messenger_blowing_kiss:
But widdle baby can't wive wife wivout bwinging consowe waws into evewy fwead, d'aww poow wittle one 👶

Last edited:

G-Bus

Banned
If it's a girl - Lilly/lillian

If it's a boy - Lium

Maybe those are a bit too normal for your weird ass named kids. Sorry.

deriks

4-Time GIF/Meme God
Works for both genders:
"Lou"
"Lucca"

For girl:
"Leia"
"Lana"
"Luna" (I had a girlfriend with this name)
"Lisa"
"Lilith"/"Lili(e)"
"Lara"
"Latias"
"Lucina"

For boy:
"Latios"
"Layton"
"Liu" (put your second name here)
"Luigi"
"Luke"

RavenSan

Off-Site Inflammatory Member
Die Hardman.

If it's good enough for Kojima, it's good enough for you.

I'm super jealous you got to name your son Link. I would love to do that, but my wife would never let me. I DO, however, have the triforce on my wedding band.

Vawn

Banned
Die Hardman.

If it's good enough for Kojima, it's good enough for you.

I'm super jealous you got to name your son Link. I would love to do that, but my wife would never let me. I DO, however, have the triforce on my wedding band.

You know what's funny. A few weeks ago, I was at the doctor's office and one of the receptionist told another man who was around 50, "Link, meet Link".

This guy, who is older than The Legend of Zelda, was named Link. He sounded shocked to meet another Link. He says he never met another. He asked if we spelt it, "L-I-N-K, too".

Last edited:

Vawn

Banned
I didn't know if I would bump this or not, but I figured most people here seemed like decent people that I might as well.

Unfortunately, my wife and I lost the baby. It was a girl. I've always wanted a daughter (three sons) and the two times we were about to have a girl, something went wrong and the baby died.

Anyway, my wife insisted we name her. So, her name is/was Lara.

Thanks for the suggestions everyone. We are talking about trying again. I'm getting up there and am a lit more hesitant than her, but we will see. Perhaps in several months I'll be back asking for more suggestions.

DESTROYA

I didn't know if I would bump this or not, but I figured most people here seemed like decent people that I might as well.

Unfortunately, my wife and I lost the baby. It was a girl. I've always wanted a daughter (three sons) and the two times we were about to have a girl, something went wrong and the baby died.

Anyway, my wife insisted we name her. So, her name is/was Lara.

Thanks for the suggestions everyone. We are talking about trying again. I'm getting up there and am a lit more hesitant than her, but we will see. Perhaps in several months I'll be back asking for more suggestions.
I am so sorry for your loss , that’s heartbreaking man.

I know you're a little cooch and all on the Xbox frontlines fourms but I have to pay my respects and I'm really sorry and sad that you and your wife lost your future baby. And I'm hoping you both recover in time. Also wanted to suggest a name "Solty".

Last edited:

Barnabot

my condolences. losing a child is one of my greatest fears of all time. Hope you and your wife are recovering well from that.

Vawn

Banned
So sorry. Me and my wife have been through similar...

I am so sorry for your loss , that’s heartbreaking man.

I'm so sorry for your loss, stay strong and I wish you the best

Thanks guys. We are ok. We found a couple weeks ago, I just hadn't decided to post in here at the time.

I know you're a little cooch and all on the Xbox frontlines fourms but I have to pay my respects

Thanks?

Top Bottom