• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Need some recommendations for a Laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shouta

Been looking into getting one and I was thinking of picking up a DELL Inspiron 5150. Just wanted some thoughts on that and some other possible laptops.

Matlock

Banned
emachines_m6809_main.jpg

15.4" Widescreen TFT LCD WXGA (1280 x 800 max. resolution)

Mobile AMD Athlon™ 64 3200+ Processor

64-bit Architecture operates at 2.00 GHz
System Bus uses HyperTransport™
Technology operating at 1600 MHz
1 MB L2 Cache

512 MB DDR SODIMM (PC 2700)

80 GB HDD

DVD +/- RW Drive (Write Max: 2.4x DVD+R/RW, 2x DVD-R/RW, 6x CD-R, 10x CD-RW; Reads 24x CD, 8x DVD)

6-in-1 Digital Media Manger (Compact Flash, Micro Drive, MultiMedia Card, Secure Digital (SD), Memory Stick, Memory Stick Pro)

ATI® Mobility RADEON™ 9600 with 64 MB Video RAM

PC2001 Compliant AC '97 Audio

Built-in Stereo Speakers

Modem: 56K* ITU V.92 Fax/Modem

802.11g Built-in Wireless (up to 54Mbps)

10/100Mbps built-in Ethernet

Touchpad with Vertical Scroll Zone

8-cell Lithium-ion (Li-ion)

1.6"h x 14.0"w x 10.4"d

7.5 lbs. (8.65 total travel weight)

4 USB 2.0 ports, 1 IEEE 1394, 1 VGA External Connector, 1 S-Video Out, Microphone In, Headphone/Audio Out, 1 PCMCIA Slot (Card Bus type I or type II)

fart

Savant
i just bought an ultraportable and researched the field pretty extensively if that's what you're looking for

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
I wasn't going to come in here recomending a powerbook/iBook just because it was pretty clear you were looking at a PC.

But since the flood has already begun, I will just add to it. I agree that the powerbook is the best product they make, if you have desktop as well it is actually a nice partner for a PC desktop which is the set up I am using now.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Rule of thumb: Never listen to Matlock. Especially with his fried modem, dead pixel laptop.

I second the Apple brand laptops. The Powerbooks are sexy but the iBooks are great and not as costly.

Matlock

Banned
Wellington said:
Rule of thumb: Never listen to Matlock. Especially with his fried modem, dead pixel laptop.

I second the Apple brand laptops. The Powerbooks are sexy but the iBooks are great and not as costly.

Hey, I never said that it was a good laptop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom