• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Ban Review/Justice Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fake

Let's give a warm welcome back to Late Stage Marxist Late Stage Marxist , an OG gaffer permed in 2006 for...criticizing Kanye West's live performance skills. I can confirm that Kanye isn't memorable live; he's better as a producer or in the studio.

tgWsSDb.png

Nice ban explanation, Vennt.

How this people became part of the staff in the first place?

I already worked as a MOD and aways asked when those lack of reason happens.

TheFarter

Banned
I'm banned from the spec thread as well for shitting on minecraft. :lollipop_tears_of_joy: Damn that game irritates me when I see kids playing it at school.:lollipop_anxious_sweat:
Hey! #Metoo!

Although I have no idea what post did it. Oh well. That little fish guy is completely off topic 95% of the time and it's his thread!

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Let's welcome back M master0fdeception , too, unjustly permed in 2016 for rather mild and reasonable remarks calling out some game journalist for marking down The Witness over its puzzles being hard:

What??!?!

If he couldn't finish the game because he doesn't like puzzles then he's not reviewing the game objectively....

His review was terrible, he marked down a puzzle game because it has too many puzzles. He is in fact an idiot.

En5BZit.png

No idea how these game journalists became a protected class out of nowhere. Part of the anti-GamerGate side-taking, I guess. Absurd though, apologies.

Let's welcome back M master0fdeception , too, unjustly permed in 2016 for rather mild and reasonable remarks calling out some game journalist for marking down The Witness over its puzzles being hard:

En5BZit.png

No idea how these game journalists became a protected class out of nowhere. Part of the anti-GamerGate side-taking, I guess. Absurd though, apologies.

Thank you and I'm glad to be back and excited to continue posting away after a long hiatus!

:)

Shmunter

I’ll contribute....

What happened to X-Fighter? Seemed like a reasonable poster who’s account is obliterated? Perhaps own choice.

Is there a path back incase it was a decision in haste?

Bo_Hazem

Banned

En5BZit.png

Mate, that's why I think permanent bans are pretty lazy, with all due respect. 1 year ban should do enough damage and you can avoid such strange stuff like banning someone for 10+ years to figure out later that it was unjust.

Permabans should only be for extreme stuff, like extreme racism and so.

Just a suggestion.:messenger_grimmacing_

nush

Gold Member
Mate, that's why I think permanent bans are pretty lazy, with all due respect. 1 year ban should do enough damage and you can avoid such strange stuff like banning someone for 10+ years to figure out later that it was unjust.

There's a history about this you don't know about. There were a lot of rogue mods during that period making unchecked bans for personal reasons.

EviLore EviLore sorry to bring this up here but why is this needs to be closed ?

This is a legit issue people need to know about so publisher patches it faster .

I know one of the mods here doesn't like any negative news about xbox but sometime these things help and get the issue resolved quicker by the dev .

Would appreciate explanation so I don't do it again if its against the rules here .

Cheers

Last edited:

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!

What's lazy is people who spend their time on a gaming forum acting like children. A one year ban won't change their child mentality.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™

You only say this because you know it's a matter of time before you're permanently banned :p

Bo_Hazem

Banned
There's a history about this you don't know about. There were a lot of rogue mods during that period making unchecked bans for personal reasons.

That makes sense. Every ban should be tide to the one done it, with a description. Had such thing back between 2002-2009 on another forum, then let the mods have queues instead and the admins double check before that.

Bill O'Rights

Seldom posts. Always delivers.
Staff Member
EviLore EviLore sorry to bring this up here but why is this needs to be closed ?

This is a legit issue people need to know about so publisher patches it faster .

I know one of the mods here doesn't like any negative news about xbox but sometime these things help and get the issue resolved quicker by the dev .

Would appreciate explanation so I don't do it again if its against the rules here .

Cheers

This is like most of the threads you start Agnostic2020 Agnostic2020 , where you have failed to contextualise the article correctly. The problem is not with the article or the news but how you present it, which is why the thread title was updated. It was then locked when again you speculated in the thread, and failed to differentiate between what the article is saying and what you are 'adding' as assumption.

Another of your threads you attempted to misrepresent is below

And then we have the absolute myriad examples of you console warring as well like here

Your history speaks for itself and we are not going into every topic you start to correct and edit it. It's also an issue that has been reported by one website and only has anecdotal references in it. You end the post with 'Hopefully it's patched', when your own article clearly states it has a patch with a release date. You also assert that the console has actually overheated or is actually hot, rather than the debug screen being thrown and the machine just shutting down. This is not known from the article you've posted.

I think the best thing for you is if we remove 'New thread privileges', then you won't encounter these issues in the future, and can rely on people making proper threads. I have reopened the thread and removed you from it in light of your service to the community however. I've also posted the relevant parts of the article.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not

Cheers
Mate....look at your post history....im surprised they havent revoked your new thread privileges yet.

EDIT oops, spoke too soon.
This is like most of the threads you start Agnostic2020 Agnostic2020 , where you have failed to contextualise the article correctly. The problem is not with the article or the news but how you present it, which is why the thread title was updated. It was then locked when again you speculated in the thread, and failed to differentiate between what the article is saying and what you are 'adding' as assumption.

And then we have the absolute myriad examples of you console warring as well like here

Your history speaks for itself and we are not going into every topic you start to correct and edit it. It's also an issue that has been reported by one website and only has anecdotal references in it. You end the post with 'Hopefully it's patched', when your own article clearly states it has a patch with a release date. You also assert that the console has actually overheated or is actually hot, rather than the debug screen being thrown and the machine just shutting down. This is not known from the article you've posted.

I think the best thing for you is if we remove 'New thread privileges', then you won't encounter these issues in the future, and can rely on people making proper threads. I have reopened the thread and removed you from it in light of your service to the community however. I've also posted the relevant parts of the article.

Last edited:

I only post threads with news Link inside them.

For example:

U ban me for cnet thread where the CNET and Engadget and ars technica reported by mistake xsx has limited backward compatibility .

XOP1D8d.jpg

2IyxDao.jpg

This could have got a title edit when they edited their articles few days later . I didn't have to be banned for reporting it .

As for console warring or preference sure I have one but I don't post threads based on my feelings. I never post a thread with no news link .

And even now u reopened the thread that u should have not closed but banned me from it which is not justified at all.

U seem to have issues with anything slightly negative about xbox and that's why ur modding on those threads become questionable .

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not

And even now u reopened the thread that u should have not closed but banned me from it which is not justified at all.

What do you want to add to the thread I can post it for you after reviewing its worth.

EDIT: You and I both know whatever you have to say isnt actually worth posting.

Last edited:

Bill O'Rights

Staff Member

Please, save the crocodile tears and the conspiracy theories. The 'woe is me' act will not work.

axFj4I.jpg

I have issues with console warriors and those who try to start disingenuous threads. That is why you have been removed. I am not on any 'side'. I am on GAFs side. And that means weeding out garbage threads started by people trying to fan flames of console wars.

Here is the title you went with:
Eurogamer : WD Legion causes X1X to oveheat and shut down for its campaign mode

So can you point me in the article to where it says the console is actually overheating - physically as in temperature wise?

This is what it has been changed to:
Eurogamer : WD Legion has a bug that causes the X1X to shut down (patch incoming 30th October)

Can you highlight which parts of the new title are a lie or are incorrect? This is the article. Now screenshots, other accounts and changes are likely to be added to developing stories and they can be edited as they go. But what we don't do, is start topics at what we want to be the conclusion with limited information, to push an agenda. Which is what you are doing.

This could have got a title edit when they edited their articles few days later . I didn't have to be banned for reporting it .

This is not a luxury afforded to you any more. Your permissions are under review and other posts that follow this trend of clickbait will be closed. We are not here to tidy up after you. If you're incapable of making proper accurate threads then there's an easy fix.

Please, save the crocodile tears and the conspiracy theories. The 'woe is me' act will not work.

axFj4I.jpg

I have issues with console warriors and those who try to start disingenuous threads. That is why you have been removed. I am not on any 'side'. I am on GAFs side. And that means weeding out garbage threads started by people trying to fan flames of console wars.

Here is the title you went with:

So can you point me in the article to where it says the console is actually overheating - physically as in temperature wise?

This is what it has been changed to:

Can you highlight which parts of the new title are a lie or are incorrect? This is the article. Now screenshots, other accounts and changes are likely to be added to developing stories and they can be edited as they go. But what we don't do, is start topics at what we want to be the conclusion with limited information, to push an agenda. Which is what you are doing.

This is not a luxury afforded to you any more. Your permissions are under review and other posts that follow this trend of clickbait will be closed. We are not here to tidy up after you. If you're incapable of making proper accurate threads the there's an easy fix.
The whole mentality of Look i bought something so I m not biased against it is quiet childish imo give me a break. Ur modding shows what the real issue is . Never have I seen u to make an effort to edit a shit/inaccurate ps thread title but for.xbox u do it within 3 minutes like trying to handle a narrative.

Overheating part is not me making up things. I told u I don't make.anything up in my thread I post them . Its in the article if u were not so busy trying to handle a narrative .

epjvaLz.jpg

Last edited:

Ya. Imagine my reaction after getting that perm ban for that. I remember at the time thinking a warning or short term ban would've made so much more sense. Oh well, water under the bridge.

nush

Gold Member
The whole mentality of Look i bought something so I m not biased against it is quiet childish imo give me a break. Ur modding shows what the real issue is . Never have I seen u to make an effort to edit a shit/inaccurate ps title but for.xbox u do it within 3 minutes like trying to handle a narrative.

Overheating part is not me making up things. I told u I don't make.anything up in my thread I post them . Its in the article if u were not so busy trying to handle a narrative .

epjvaLz.jpg

9zyITdL.gif

epjvaLz.jpg

Good point there.

Lol at the users baiting you to get a reaction (or "meltdown" to laugh in concert). Don't understand how it's tolerated here other than the wild guess of ass kissing actually working on moderation here. HQ for some.

Keep ignoring the children Agnostic.

Last edited:

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
It is what it is haha 😅 sometimes things have to be said even if it means getting banned.

I will look into my own actions as well

Nah, kiddo. You are just a salty console warrior who everyone sees right through. You have provided nothing or value in this discussion. Other than further proving that your thread making capabilities will not be missed.

Last edited:
Nah, kiddo. You are just a salty console warrior who everyone sees right through. You have provided nothing or value in this discussion. Other than further proving that your thread making capabilities will not be missed.
Console warrior is relative term I guess . Didnt really had to look hard but Many would consider this console war 😂👀
(Ps3 was absorbing 250$ loss per console . It was many things but overpriced and I didn't even own ps3 )

escNo9V.jpg

Last edited:

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Console warrior is relative term I guess . Didnt really had to look hard but Many would consider this console war 😂👀
(Ps3 was absorbing 250$ loss per console . It was many things but overpriced )

escNo9V.jpg
You should go on about and do that reflecting. You really need to stop pretending you dont get a hard on at the sight of negative xbox news. We get it, you dont like it and fight for Sony and want to point out anything negative about Xbox. Whats baffling is that when you are caught you act like you have memory loss and just can fathom what is happening and start pointing fingers at every other thread and cry about it.

Be better.

Last edited:

Bill O'Rights

Staff Member
The whole mentality of Look i bought something so I m not biased against it is quiet childish imo give me a break. Ur modding shows what the real issue is . Never have I seen u to make an effort to edit a shit/inaccurate ps thread title but for.xbox u do it within 3 minutes like trying to handle a narrative.

You are assuming. Any program or safeguard can throw an exception without the event. This is basic level stuff that I would expect anyone to know. Do you understand that concept firstly? This is a reading comprehension issue. It's like saying getting the 404 screen means the website has gone offline when you have no internet connection. It's like saying the service is not up when the firewall has not been changed. So again, I ask you where it says the actual box/chipset is overheating in terms of temperature?

The article says a bug displays the screen and invokes the shutdown process.
The article does not say the bug makes the console heat up and invokes the shutdown process.

That part is not known and there is a significant difference between the two. If that comes to light we will of course update the thread as it should be. You are more frustrated that your attempt to create a dramatic and controversial thread has been nipped in the bud early.

Ur modding shows what the real issue is . Never have I seen u to make an effort to edit a shit/inaccurate ps thread title but for.xbox u do it within 3 minutes like trying to handle a narrative.

Again, this is the same problem in a different guise. You have jumped to what you want as a conclusion and worked backwards to fulfil your conspiracy theory. Would it hearten you to know I was the mod who closed this thread below for example? Ironically closed for what you do? And the thread title was even changed until you doubled down. So less of the biased remarks please. They embarass us both.

Last edited:

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
(Ps3 was absorbing 250$ loss per console . It was many things but overpriced and I didn't even own ps3 )

escNo9V.jpg

For the general public, which was the context of the post - it was absolutely overpriced. But you do as all sad little console warriors do - divorce context from posts to try and get those “gotcha” moments despite always falling flat on your face immediately after.

Also y’all need to do better. One day I am an Xbot. The next day I am a Sony pony. The day after I am a nintendie. Make up your damn minds already XD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom