• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Ban Review/Justice Project

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's relevant to the comments you made about homosexuality being a lifestyle choice with the series of behaviors you cited.

Which contradicts this statement: "not attack people on the basis of their sexual orientation or make explicitly hateful comments."

The first part never happened, the second part is vague.

Either way what's done is done.

I'm not sure what made The mod or the mods decided to panic over some long-time users having their feelings hurt (AS I RECALL) despite banning users before in politics for reporting on people hurting their feelings with ban messages similar to "Wahh wahh" or "Whine somewhere else" and not just in the politics section. I take it that a couple regular users who got their feelings hurt and talked about "strong words" may have escalated the issue. I don't get why the forum moderation suddenly did a 180 randomly for only 1-day. Then I get a warning for me to accept which was overwritten by a ban within a few minutes, all which is out of character for Neogaf.

All of a sudden at one specific time what we were promised about forum moderation was thrown out the window for no real reason I can find, and then I was given the false charge of prejudiced with no explanation of what the prejudice was initially, yet there's supposed to be transparency. All

If you look at what I was responding, and who I am responding to, and look at the whole post(s), I never gave any implication that being gay itself was a Lifestyle choice if you look at the conversation. My actual argument was many of the activities and so on engaged by gay people are clearly choices, that's not a controversial statement, that's not prejudice, that's fact. Everything else was spin. Everything example I described in that conversation where choices.

If the mod would like to PM me explaining the action I would like that because this all seems completely confusing..

One thing to keep in mind, notice how nobody talked about this particular issue except the user who I was responding, to who was already ignoring most of the posts I was responding with anyway. It wasn't until AFTER some people started taking one specific sentence out of context in a vacuum that all of a sudden the conversation turned into "oh he said this" when I never made the statement as they presented it.

I also would like to point out there are actually many actual prejuduced posts on the political forum, real ones, many of which were complained about by other users, many laughed off by Evilore and other mods for various reasons some of which I mentioned above, but for some weird reason, and I think I have an idea why but I don't want to make assumptions, I was singled out in a thread out of nowhere in a completely out of character ban for this forum, on a topic were me and other members have never shifted the tone on in many other threads. Did the policy randomly change? What happened?

I also don't understand how after my banning dogpiling was allowed, which it used to not be.

The irony about some of this is some users basically continued where I left off, and some opposed to my position basically proved my point incidentally in one of the two threads in question.

I also don't see a reason to give a warning that already blocks me from doing anything, and then deciding minutes later to change it to a ban instead of letting me accept the warning and then PMing me about what the mod thought the issue was, because that would be transparent, and everything would have been explained.

Now I'm not trying to attack anyone here, nor am I calling out any members or mods, just pointing out some flaws I believe I'm seeing and only posting some concerns. Anyway now that that's out the way I'll be moving on from this ban after this post.
You can type up an entire essay about this but it doesn't change what you said. You know what you were doing. So maybe just admit you were wrong and that you'll do better next time instead of taking the predictable route of claiming ignorance, bringing up what others said, claiming not to call out anyone (only you did) and that you'll be moving on from the ban after that post (only you didn't).

You can type up an entire essay about this but it doesn't change what you said.

Which i never said, and the also last couple posts already points out a discrepancy in the accusations since there was no direct attack. The conversation is clear. I had moved on but some of you people think you can be slick and try to throw pot shots because YOU CAN'T move on, and keep tagging me or dragging me to this thread. Irony.

Last edited:

Mista

Banned
Come on now lads, let’s not make another problem of something that has already happened and finished

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Which i never said, and the also last couple posts already points out a discrepancy in the accusations since there was no direct attack. The conversation is clear. I had moved on but some of you people think you can be slick and try to throw pot shots because YOU CAN'T move on, and keep tagging me or dragging me to this thread. Irony.
I'll make it even clearer by linking to your post and the rest of the thread:

You could have easily ignored the slick posts and pot shots completely and PM'd EviLore about an explanation but you wanted to type a whole essay about it in this thread. Like I said, you knew what you were doing but likely didn't expect a temp ban but it still happened. Learn from it. Be better.

Last edited:
I'll make it even clearer by linking to your post and the rest of the thread:

You could have easily ignored the slick posts and pot shots completely and PM'd EviLore about an explanation but you wanted to type a whole essay about it in this thread. Like I said, you knew what you were doing but likely didn't expect a temp ban but it still happened. Learn from it. Be better.

You're wrong, period.

Be better.

(I like how you're trying to defend yourself trying to drag out something that's over and done with. The event already happened and t's over.)

Edit: And you make another drive-by below, come on man it's over.

Last edited:

-Arcadia-

Banned
If we all had pizza right now, this fight wouldn’t be happening.

YhlOJSZ.jpg

Seriously, I’ve only skimmed so far, so taking a side is completely out of the question, but I hope everyone can have a calm, productive conversation about what went wrong, their feelings about that, etc.

Things seem to be escalating into a bit of a powder keg here, between users who have always gotten along well enough at a minimum. That seems like a shame.

If we all had pizza right now, this fight wouldn’t be happening.

YhlOJSZ.jpg

Seriously, I’ve only skimmed so far, so taking a side is completely out of the question, but I hope everyone can have a calm, productive conversation about what went wrong, their feelings about that, etc.

Things seem to be escalating into a bit of a powder keg here, between users who have always gotten along well enough at a minimum. That seems like a shame.
You're right, it isn't a very productive conversation. Especially when the other person always disagrees. Moving on then.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Is that a poop log or a dildo log? And is it going in or out?

Mind you I'm not complaining - I'm perfectly happy with any of those 4 permutations 😉

Barsinister

Banned
Is that a poop log or a dildo log? And is it going in or out?

Mind you I'm not complaining - I'm perfectly happy with any of those 4 permutations 😉

Looking at it now, I can see that it looks like something that wasn't intended. It's just a large sausage sitting on top of a pizza with a hamster in front of it. No poop or dildos. Just Papa Papa 's meaty sausage waiting to be consumed.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Looking at it now, I can see that it looks like something that wasn't intended. It's just a large sausage sitting on top of a pizza with a hamster in front of it. No poop or dildos. Just Papa Papa 's meaty sausage waiting to be consumed.
Consumed orally or suppositorally? Inquiring minds want to know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom