• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF, did I just get called out by Microsoft's JEFF BELL?!

mj_popcorn.gif

qirex said:
So now that he's been "outed" he is probably forbidden from saying pretty much anything thanks to SOX rules so he probably will not post again.
Aw man, and he picked such a difficult to decipher name and everything.

Odysseus

Banned
this reminds me of the first reginald fils-aime (sp?) e3 when someone registered nintendoreggie over at ign. got everyone up in a tizzy, turns out it was just a forum admin.

if real, wow.

if a hoax, well played.

Justin Bailey

------ ------
qirex said:
So now that he's been "outed" he is probably forbidden from saying pretty much anything thanks to SOX rules so he probably will not post again.
If he wanted to keep his identity such a secret he wouldn't have used his LAST FREAKING NAME.

CrushDance said:
It's not hate. Just love the guy. He gave us a great laugh when nobody else did...except chewy and moore.

5xsg3rq.gif

From my E3 bloopers video :lol

Oh, I knew where the laughs came from :lol. Seemed to be that some obsessed over him a bit much though. Whatever, not my problem (cue reggie.gif). And besides, we get this fun as a result.

Fight for Freeform said:
Jeff Bell ****ing RULES.

I completely understand the hate, it's jealousy.

Jeff Bell is the sort of guy you want in marketing, he's articulate and well spoken, always has a smile, and is obviously comfortable at public speaking.

And for someone with apparent social skills to be seen at E3, that definitely irritated some people on this board.

+1 Jeff

I nominate you for president of the JBDF. Can I be the treasurer, or something? Mr. Bell is 100% correct, a Master Ninja contributes to society in no meaningful way. All he does is confuse me because half the time I think he's Draft.

Varjet

I'm sorry I'm creating such a stupid topic, but I feel compelled to get to the bottom of this. Lock this if violates some rule I'm unaware of or if you deem the topic too stupid.

Ever since E3, I've made a number of posts poking fun at Microsoft's Corporate Vice President of Global Marketing, Jeff Bell. For example, this.

I check my PM box this morning to find:

This guy joined yesterday, and has never posted. Is this "bell801" guy Jeff Bell? Did he join NeoGAF just to call me a loser?

Jim said:
I can pretty much confirm this is true and it's him. :lol

neogaf1.gif

diddlyD

Banned
if he's anything like that Amir guy, who apparently microsoft hired as a VP of the hd-dvd division so he can spend his entire day over at AVSForums trolling blu-ray, then i wouldn't be surprised if Bell becomes a regular poster here. :lol

Odrion

Banned
Seriously, hasn't Master Ninja's posts been quoted before by people from the game industry? I'm almost certain he was mentioned in a podcast before.

TheCardPlayer

Likes to have "friends" around to "play cards" with
Best thread ever in the history of the Internet. Jeff Bell = Ultimate Warrior of the Infinite Win.

diddlyD said:
if he's anything like that Amir guy, who apparently microsoft hired as a VP of the hd-dvd division so he can spend his entire day over at AVSForums trolling blu-ray, then i wouldn't be surprised if Bell becomes a regular poster here. :lol
Are you serious!?:lol :lol :lol :lol

Razoric

Banned
diddlyD said:

It's truly amazing (read: scary) how many viral marketers MS has.

superbank

The definition of front-butt.
Ok Jeff. Post and you will shoot to the top of my gaming executives popularity list! (You go straight down to the bottom again if you do another ho-hum presentation, btw).

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
He just reached "cool" status in my book. If he keeps posting in GAF then he would be a cool successor to Petah.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
diddlyD said:
:lol :lol :lol Is that for real?

besada

Banned
Jeff Bell is my new hero. Hey, Jeff, bitchslap some more gaffers. We deserve it. Better yet, direct your roll to the Moore thread. That would be the best gift ever.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
Fight for Freeform said:
Jeff Bell ****ing RULES.

I completely understand the hate, it's jealousy.

Jeff Bell is the sort of guy you want in marketing, he's articulate and well spoken, always has a smile, and is obviously comfortable at public speaking.

And for someone with apparent social skills to be seen at E3, that definitely irritated some people on this board.

+1 Jeff
You know having seen many of your posts in other threads you think this would come as no surprise to me, but still wow maybe time for a new tag?

KevinRo

Now everyone will start to call out their favorite industry character and hopefully they'll join NeoGAF and send a personal message to them.

BTW, I laughed so hard when I saw the 801 confirmation part.

Shaheed79

dabbled in the jelly
Man I feel sorry for the guy because you guys are never going to let up on him. It's like he's been black-listed because of one lousy conference.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
corporate vice presidents registering on message boards to send tart pms to people who make fun of them. the internets are miraculous.

and roxy music is awesome

Top Bottom