• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGaf OLED owners thread

Gorgon

But a Sony A95K is a 2022 tv. :)

I am hoping that once the new models arrive that it will become cheaper. Under 3000 would be nice.

Well, you did say "2023 model is probably not happening for me because of the prices, but perhaps a 2022 model. Sony perhaps?"

It sucks because overall the sound quality is nice. I've made a few more adjustments since the post and it seems to be ok for now.
Yeah I thought that I got it to work okay but any time that I would pause a movie/show and then start it again the audio would go out of sync again. Just a complete mess. Don't understand why there is so many issues with audio sync on these things. You would think that a company as big as Sonos would get it figured out.

Stafford

My Sony A95K should arrive next week.

Owners of this TV, is there anything you recommend me to do right out of the box, or would you say the game mode is pretty spot on without changing any settings? Unlike Samsung, I CAN trust Sony that they won't force firmware updates anyway, right?

Also, can I just update to the latest firmware or is it best to avoid for....reasons? I never update my TVs before having checked online that all is well.

MistBreeze

My Sony A95K should arrive next week.

Owners of this TV, is there anything you recommend me to do right out of the box, or would you say the game mode is pretty spot on without changing any settings? Unlike Samsung, I CAN trust Sony that they won't force firmware updates anyway, right?

Also, can I just update to the latest firmware or is it best to avoid for....reasons? I never update my TVs before having checked online that all is well.
Hello friend ,,,
Im an owner of a95k for 8 months now

The TV is great best picture ever specially in dark room at night the contrast just hits … the sound is grat too . it needs no adjusting cinema mode and game mode are perfect out of the box

Firmware updates are not forced you will get notification pop up regularly and thats it.
Firmwares are stable… Im on the latest firmware… it made the tv os snappier and fixed a bug causing tv not to turn on unless hard reset

So , I strongly encourage you to update right away

Stafford

Hello friend ,,,
Im an owner of a95k for 8 months now

The TV is great best picture ever specially in dark room at night the contrast just hits … the sound is grat too . it needs no adjusting cinema mode and game mode are perfect out of the box

Firmware updates are not forced you will get notification pop up regularly and thats it.
Firmwares are stable… Im on the latest firmware… it made the tv os snappier and fixed a bug causing tv not to turn on unless hard reset

So , I strongly encourage you to update right away

Oh man, after having had the Samsung S95B since last July this sounds like such a breath of fresh air. With the S95B I had to change several settings to get a normal picture, because at default it's just ridiculous. And don't get me started on firmware updates and service.

I've also heard a lot of praise about Sony's motion interpolation. Is it truly that good? The other day I was told that Zelda TotK truly feels great on a Sony TV with motion interpolation. I'm quite curious now to try out RDR2 with that. Do you use that too or not at all?

I have a feeling I will be replaying a lot of older Xbox games I've finished before, because of this TV. I just hope the specular highlights in HDR will be great too. That's one thing I did like about S95B in games with proper HDR.

MistBreeze

The motion is great , Im playing zelda totk now and no stuttering

Specular highlights is super bright too

I hope you enjoy it . It is a balanced tv

Stafford

The motion is great , Im playing zelda totk now and no stuttering

Specular highlights is super bright too

I hope you enjoy it . It is a balanced tv

Could you tell me the settings for motion flow? I will try it out. Next Saturday is when it arrives here.

HelveticaBold

Neo Member
I did some testing on re4 REMAKE pc.
I finished it with HGIG, ingame slider +5 from 0 (right as the white suqare disappears) and I noticed some blue clipping in few explosions and ending sunset.
I just relaunched the game and finished the boss again. This time DTM and in game slider set to max as squares disappear at max.... and what do you know? NO CLIPPING.
You can also see the sunset around the sun is less orange on DTM 4000 nits picture. but if I switch that to hgig it kinda restores that, making me thing, the intended look is 4k + dtm.

Took some wcg screenshots. one reports close to 800nits and that I took with hgig. Other reports 4000 nits and thats for DTM.
So the game clearly needs 4000 nits but some effects don't scale to 800 with in-game slider. HGIG is a piece of shit man.
kKSRUeQ.jpg

iZT9Q22.jpg

The craziest thing? I think I will start calibrating in-game and in-ps5 system settings with DTM on. That sets the lg c1 for 4000nits tone mapping. Should result in much more dynamic range.
edit: I think vincent from hdtvtest locked people to only use 1 setting and he is not actually correct. Not sure about using pc input for ps5 too
What software are you using to analyze the image?

Stafford

I bought an A80K Sony OLED recently. Might be the best TV I've ever owned. The colors and black levels are incredible. Never thought I'd see something that rivaled my old Panasonic plasma TV.

Sounds like I'm in for a treat, looking forward to it.

I'm coming from a S95B that i bought last July, although this is the second set. It's just inconsistent as can be and I've never had that with any TV before. Some stuff would look great on it and other stuff would have me remember my TV before this, the LG C9 and how it looked better on that.

I need something consistent and I have a feeling this is that. I have owned a Sony TV before. Years ago the LED Sony X930e, amazing picture but I bought this after I had owned a LG B6 OLED, and soon I started to notice blooming and other issues. But I will never forget how super crisp the picture was.

Yeah I thought that I got it to work okay but any time that I would pause a movie/show and then start it again the audio would go out of sync again. Just a complete mess. Don't understand why there is so many issues with audio sync on these things. You would think that a company as big as Sonos would get it figured out.

Haven’t looked at the first posts but do either of you have Linear PCM pass through enabled on the tv itself?

Imtjnotu

LG C-9 is going strong still. XSX is hooked up here and works flawlessly

C2 is still working as my Desktop monitor and PS5 machine.

no complaints with either of my TV's

OK lads, question :
Lately I've been noticing some grain effect going on on my C2 - this is especially noticeable on my PS5, be that on the dashboard grey menus/tabs but also in-game.
It's just like the grain my old Plasma TV used to have when looking at the screen up close.

I suppose it's normal ? Is it a PS5 bandwidth thing (32Gbps HDMI 2.1 cap) or an OLED thing ?

I'm not talking about film grain while watching movies, I'm talking about a fine grain "effect" when I have the PS5 turned on (menus/Horizon Forbidden West).

I could swear it wasn't like this when I first got it.but.maybe I'm just misremembering.

Thanks

Last edited:

Stafford

Tomorrow the 65 inch A95K will arrive and it will be time to say farewell to the S95B. I won't miss it, the experience has been extremely inconsistent and that's a first with any TV I've owned in my life.

Looking forward to seeing RDR2 on the A95K, but also especially lower res games such as Mario Kart 8, Sunset Overdrive etc, and obviously movies.

I'm hoping that the hype is indeed real and true, and that I will be set for several years.

Ozrimandias

Has anyone used a Sony Oled TV with a PS3? I would be interested to know if it rescales the image and how motion interpolation works or whatever it is called.

Killer8

OK lads, question :
Lately I've been noticing some grain effect going on on my C2 - this is especially noticeable on my PS5, be that on the dashboard grey menus/tabs but also in-game.
It's just like the grain my old Plasma TV used to have when looking at the screen up close.

I suppose it's normal ? Is it a PS5 bandwidth thing (32Gbps HDMI 2.1 cap) or an OLED thing ?

I'm not talking about film grain while watching movies, I'm talking about a fine grain "effect" when I have the PS5 turned on (menus/Horizon Forbidden West).

I could swear it wasn't like this when I first got it.but.maybe I'm just misremembering.

Thanks

It's probably just screen mura.

Some display technologies have a natural advantage when it comes to color consistency between pixels. LCD for instance tends to be quite good when it comes to minimizing Mura. Other technologies, like OLED (which is favored in VR headsets for other reasons), struggle when it comes to mura, and require careful calibration to achieve decent performance.

I notice it on both my LG C1s on the Xbox dashboard:
pxl_20230526_22342733xxdvs.jpg

This should be a uniform grey color, but see how basically every pixel is a slightly different shade? That's the mura. It's pretty trippy seeing it up close as it makes the screen almost look like it's made out of paper.

Mura is extremely common on OLED screens. The PSVR2 even has it. It's the sort of thing that once you notice it you can struggle to un-see it (it was a deal-breaker for some with the PSVR2).

Some smarter people have proposed using AI to de-mura OLED screens by dynamically adjusting the brightness of the affected pixels.

Stafford

I have the A95K now, but I'm seeing some odd things.

Xbox Series X
RDR2
Dead Island 2

The HDR seems fine when it comes to specular highlights, but the night time is waaaaay too bright, it was much darker on the C9 and S95B, and the latter is far from accurate. What could be causing this?

dotnotbot

Has anyone used a Sony Oled TV with a PS3? I would be interested to know if it rescales the image and how motion interpolation works or whatever it is called.

I did for a few days, upscalling looked great (you can add a bit of Reality Creation for extra sharpness, it's not just a dumb sharpening algorithm like most TVs have), motion interpolation is a no go for games on Sony TVs (if I remember right it's unavailable in game mode and outside of game mode the lag is huge).

rofif

Banned
It's probably just screen mura.

I notice it on both my LG C1s on the Xbox dashboard:
pxl_20230526_22342733xxdvs.jpg

This should be a uniform grey color, but see how basically every pixel is a slightly different shade? That's the mura. It's pretty trippy seeing it up close as it makes the screen almost look like it's made out of paper.

Mura is extremely common on OLED screens. The PSVR2 even has it. It's the sort of thing that once you notice it you can struggle to un-see it (it was a deal-breaker for some with the PSVR2).

Some smarter people have proposed using AI to de-mura OLED screens by dynamically adjusting the brightness of the affected pixels.
You need to get in really close and the effect is still exaggerated by the camera. Moire effect is only visible on the camera.
Mura effect is visible with your own eyes but only on shades of grey with some movement. My panel got no mura at all. Vr headsets always had some for example. Oculus cv1 had terrible mura. Recent psvr2 was terrible when it comes to mura.

As for the pixel structure and moire - It's only visible on camera. In reality, even this close, those looked perfect to me and then look like crap on the picture.
I was taking pics to show to you guys how incredibly realistic isaac looks... but every time I took a pic with my iphone, it looks like absolute crap :p

xNDccBS.jpg

6orXVqw.jpg

As you don't have to worry about HDR, older consoles can benefit a lot from black frame insertion. I've played all the way back to SEGA Saturn on my OLED and have no issue with the upscaling & BFI combo.

dotnotbot

As you don't have to worry about HDR, older consoles can benefit a lot from black frame insertion. I've played all the way back to SEGA Saturn on my OLED and have no issue with the upscaling & BFI combo.

Need to get A80J (2021) then to have useful BFI, newer models have downgraded BFI that flickers too much. 55A80J is still available in my country but other sizes unfortunately not.

Last edited:

Stafford

Sony A95K

I've changed a few settings and the black level raise isn't as bad for Xbox anymore. I wish the OOTB settings were perfect, but sadly I did have raised black levels in tons of games, really looked wrong.

I changed black level setting from 50 to 46, black adjust to high. And to give things a bit more color I have live color at high. Games like FH5, RDR2 still look great without looking unrealistic, and a game like Psychonauts 2 actually has color now.

I do have a very dark grey background on Xbox when I go to settings and such, or my games and apps, and some tiles have slight black crush, but I can live with that. Can't live with severely raised black levels.

I was afraid this would fuck with highlights, it doesn't. Lightbublbs in RDR2 look very bright at night, and the night is proper dark.

Last edited:

dotnotbot

I changed black level setting from 50 to 46, black adjust to high. And to give things a bit more color I have live color at high. Games like FH5, RDR2 still look great without looking unrealistic, and a game like Psychonauts 2 actually has color now.

Uh, that's a lot. On A80J lowering to 49 from 50 was enough to get rid of Sony's slightly raised blacks and even crushed some of the lowest steps but you could only see it well on a test pattern.

Sounds like something is wrong if you had to lower it that much. Make sure you set up HDR on Xbox properly and have things like Contrast Enhancer turned off on the TV.

Last edited:

MaKTaiL

Not gaming related but does anybody have any problems with Ted Lasso (Apple TV+) being too dark with Dolby Vision on a C1?

I'm mad my C1 isn't giving me a reason to upgrade 😒 I'm still extremely satisfied but I'm sure QDOLED is way better I might just wait for PHOLED

.....Years ago the LED Sony X930e, amazing picture but I bought this after I had owned a LG B6 OLED, and soon I started to notice blooming and other issues. But I will never forget how super crisp the picture was.
I still have my Sony X930e (called the XE9305 here in the UK), picked it up new in 2017, and despite knowing how much better new sets are, I'm weirdly happy with it to this day! Pretty much everyone who visits still comment on the PQ. They did a decent job with this set because I'm someone who normally replaces the main TV every 3, 4 years at the most.

I am finally getting ready to upgrade though - probably to something in the Sony OLED range in fact. Enjoy it!

Last edited:

Sleepwalker

I'm mad my C1 isn't giving me a reason to upgrade 😒 I'm still extremely satisfied but I'm sure QDOLED is way better I might just wait for PHOLED
Nah, I have a Sony a80j and a samsung s95B QD OLED, while the samsung gets a bit more bright, the quality between both is very similar and not really worth the upgrade, I just needed a TV for the living room.

Stafford

Uh, that's a lot. On A80J lowering to 49 from 50 was enough to get rid of Sony's slightly raised blacks and even crushed some of the lowest steps but you could only see it well on a test pattern.

Sounds like something is wrong if you had to lower it that much. Make sure you set up HDR on Xbox properly and have things like Contrast Enhancer turned off on the TV.

Oh trust me, this isn't my first TV ;)

I've done everything you can think of, watched several videos by Classy and Tech with KG and such. Lowering these settings really was my last resort. When I say I was disappointed with how games looked when it comes to black levels, that's an understatement. Because it was supposed to be accurate out of the box.

For some reason it isn't with Xbox. I don't have a PS5, but on Reddit I saw an older post of someone with the same issue. Yet the PS5 didn't have this. I'd make photos of how it looks with default settings vs to now, but my phone camera makes it look way darker than it truly is. But a night race in FH5 is supposed to be dark, where you really see the highlights. With default settings the night sky was like medium blue, far from dark blue, it looked washed out. Like how it looks if you set hdmi black level setting wrong.

First I tried with black level slider to 49, didn't make much of a difference. I went lower until I got it at 46. Still far from ideal, so I went to black adjust and putting that at high made it truly great.

RDR2 has proper dark nights now and the lights have never shined this bright in the game, not even on the S95B and that's quite impressive and unexpected. Ideally everything is great out of the box, without having to change a thing, but nope. I don't get it either, it's weird.

On the C9 I never had to change anything regarding brightness and on the S95B I would maybe lower shadow detail just a bit.

I still have my Sony X930e (called the XE9305 here in the UK), picked it up new in 2017, and despite knowing how much better new sets are, I'm weirdly happy with it to this day! Pretty much everyone who visits still comment on the PQ. They did a decent job with this set because I'm someone who normally replaces the main TV every 3, 4 years at the most.

I am finally getting ready to upgrade though - probably to something in the Sony OLED range in fact. Enjoy it!

Yeah, that TV was damn great. I remember how I first saw Fortnite on it years ago, must have been One X. Super crisp and beautiful colors. But then when I started playing some other games such as Sea of Thieves I noticed how the blooming of bud elements really started to annoy me.

I went back to LG OLED with the C9 after that.

I am loving what I'm seeing of the A95K now that I finally got black levels good on Xbox. Any game I start up I immediately notice that it looks significantly crisper than the S95B, just more detail and I actually managed to get RDR2 looking amazing in HDR. I never managed to get that done on the Samsung. Also tested some Netflix content with Dolby vision, it is glorious. And 1080p content is crisp as hell.

I'm starting to see the hype and praise for Sony TVs. I now see what people mean with motion too, in 30fps games it is nowhere near as juddery as on any other TV. That being said, I am curious to try out some motion interpolation in game mode, see how rdr2 looks that way.

What are absolute must sees for Dolby Vision on Netflix with this TV? And which HDR/DV demos on YouTube?

Last edited:
Oh trust me, this isn't my first TV ;)

I've done everything you can think of, watched several videos by Classy and Tech with KG and such. Lowering these settings really was my last resort. When I say I was disappointed with how games looked when it comes to black levels, that's an understatement. Because it was supposed to be accurate out of the box.

For some reason it isn't with Xbox. I don't have a PS5, but on Reddit I saw an older post of someone with the same issue. Yet the PS5 didn't have this. I'd make photos of how it looks with default settings vs to now, but my phone camera makes it look way darker than it truly is. But a night race in FH5 is supposed to be dark, where you really see the highlights. With default settings the night sky was like medium blue, far from dark blue, it looked washed out. Like how it looks if you set hdmi black level setting wrong.

First I tried with black level slider to 49, didn't make much of a difference. I went lower until I got it at 46. Still far from ideal, so I went to black adjust and putting that at high made it truly great.

RDR2 has proper dark nights now and the lights have never shined this bright in the game, not even on the S95B and that's quite impressive and unexpected. Ideally everything is great out of the box, without having to change a thing, but nope. I don't get it either, it's weird.

On the C9 I never had to change anything regarding brightness and on the S95B I would maybe lower shadow detail just a bit.

Yeah, that TV was damn great. I remember how I first saw Fortnite on it years ago, must have been One X. Super crisp and beautiful colors. But then when I started playing some other games such as Sea of Thieves I noticed how the blooming of bud elements really started to annoy me.

I went back to LG OLED with the C9 after that.

I am loving what I'm seeing of the A95K now that I finally got black levels good on Xbox. Any game I start up I immediately notice that it looks significantly crisper than the S95B, just more detail and I actually managed to get RDR2 looking amazing in HDR. I never managed to get that done on the Samsung. Also tested some Netflix content with Dolby vision, it is glorious. And 1080p content is crisp as hell.

I'm starting to see the hype and praise for Sony TVs. I now see what people mean with motion too, in 30fps games it is nowhere near as juddery as on any other TV. That being said, I am curious to try out some motion interpolation in game mode, see how rdr2 looks that way.

What are absolute must sees for Dolby Vision on Netflix with this TV? And which HDR/DV demos on YouTube?
The one thing that frustrated me about the a80j was the raised blacks and at the time nobody was talking about it lol dude I tried everything and just gave up returned it got the C1 and 2 years later I'm still happy. I'm glad you got the a95k settings dialed in I want a Sony OLED so bad because of the processing but that experience soured me.

Stafford

The one thing that frustrated me about the a80j was the raised blacks and at the time nobody was talking about it lol dude I tried everything and just gave up returned it got the C1 and 2 years later I'm still happy. I'm glad you got the a95k settings dialed in I want a Sony OLED so bad because of the processing but that experience soured me.

You had raised black levels too? And this was with Xbox only or also PS? I have to be honest, the first and second day of using I was so disappointed I already was starting to look at going back to LG. Saw a deal for a 77 inch G2, even lower priced than what I paid for this, but I am at QD-OLED OLED now, previous TV was S95B. I'm a QD-OLED fan for sure now.

Had I not been able to get the black levels right I would have returned it. It's such a strange issue, because it only truly was awful with night time in games. Take Shadow of the Tomb Raider for example, daytime in the game would be fine, if I entered a cave where it is pitch black, it really was pitch black. But in the prologue with Lara and Jonah at the market/festival the night was washed out, bad looking, and the highlights didn't stand out.

But now it's perfect and yeah, the praise is warranted, games just look so damn crisp. And movies, people aren't lying about Dolby Vision on this. And that's with streaming services, can only imagine a real blu ray disc.

You had raised black levels too? And this was with Xbox only or also PS? I have to be honest, the first and second day of using I was so disappointed I already was starting to look at going back to LG. Saw a deal for a 77 inch G2, even lower priced than what I paid for this, but I am at QD-OLED OLED now, previous TV was S95B. I'm a QD-OLED fan for sure now.

Had I not been able to get the black levels right I would have returned it. It's such a strange issue, because it only truly was awful with night time in games. Take Shadow of the Tomb Raider for example, daytime in the game would be fine, if I entered a cave where it is pitch black, it really was pitch black. But in the prologue with Lara and Jonah at the market/festival the night was washed out, bad looking, and the highlights didn't stand out.

But now it's perfect and yeah, the praise is warranted, games just look so damn crisp. And movies, people aren't lying about Dolby Vision on this. And that's with streaming services, can only imagine a real blu ray disc.
Yeah on both consoles I had bright or raised blacks even streamed content like Netflix was bad it was frustrating because the image had more of a three dimensional look due to the processing. The a95k was on my radar so hearing your experience have me wanting to give Sony another shot.

Stafford

Yeah on both consoles I had bright or raised blacks even streamed content like Netflix was bad it was frustrating because the image had more of a three dimensional look due to the processing. The a95k was on my radar so hearing your experience have me wanting to give Sony another shot.

Yeah the praise and hype for their processing is warranted. After seeing a LG OLED and Samsung QD-OLED you'd think it won't get much better, but Sony (or at least the A95K) definitely has that extra crisp look. Noticed it in RDR2 too, the more I play, the more details I see.

I initially was disappointed with the TV because I was expecting 100% accuracy out of the box, which sounded like a huge relief to me since the S95B is anything but accurate OOTB, but if lowering black level setting and black adjust fixed it, so be it.

b0uncyfr0

Im on a 65" CX - what's the next logical upgrade?

I want a bigger screen.
I want better HDR, better SDR.
Id like better interpolation (for those pesky but worthy 30fps games) : The CX does this crappily and severely reduces brightness making it useless.
I also hate that i have to switch between HGiG and DTM - its a nice thing to be able to do but i find myself comparing modes, rather than enjoying my game.

Stafford

For Sony TV users...

Did you try the Bravia Core app? It looks nice, but something I don't get it now Blade Runner should be in HDR. When I play it though it's not. I check the settings and I see the picture mode is in Imax, because that's what I've set it too. What am I missing here?

rofif

Banned
Something wrong going on AGAIN with HDR. Not sure if it's on nvidia or microsoft now.
First of all - My go to testing games for HDR are resident evil games. They have good menu with square and I know how many clicks is how many nits with hgig.
But for some time now, the HDR was not engaging in those games. It said on but the screen was very washed out. It was clearly not REALLY on. That is more proven by RTSS osd that is still orange and with HDR it should be RED.
I found on reddit that it's a common issue on Nvidia and you have to launch the game straight up after restarting the pc lol... and it works.
But now there is another issue. While the hdr works, rtss osd is red and so on.... The clicks required on white hdr calibration field has changed from 5 clicks to 2 clicks.
talking about this screen:
hV9L6XC.png

Now... this is in all RE games and there was no update. It's clearly something either wrong with the tv or drivers.
I used to see the square disappear on 5 or 6th click. now it's 2.
And with DTM ON, it was the last click that made the square disappear... now it stays on.

edit: Yeah, it is still as it should on PS5 re2make. 5th click. So something is broken with hdr on pc now and I doubt it's re games because it's 2,3 and new 4. I have all installed atm.
edit2: On the note of RE games... RT or not, the re2make uses my whole vram on pc. With RT it will crash after a while of playing. ps5 version is trash with rt (50fps) but without it runs the same as pc verison so 100+fps... but have no vram crashes and hdr issues. Btw that's the new version of re2 on pc. dx11 one is perfefct

Last edited:
Something wrong going on AGAIN with HDR. Not sure if it's on nvidia or microsoft now.
First of all - My go to testing games for HDR are resident evil games. They have good menu with square and I know how many clicks is how many nits with hgig.
But for some time now, the HDR was not engaging in those games. It said on but the screen was very washed out. It was clearly not REALLY on. That is more proven by RTSS osd that is still orange and with HDR it should be RED.
I found on reddit that it's a common issue on Nvidia and you have to launch the game straight up after restarting the pc lol... and it works.
But now there is another issue. While the hdr works, rtss osd is red and so on.... The clicks required on white hdr calibration field has changed from 5 clicks to 2 clicks.
talking about this screen:
hV9L6XC.png

Now... this is in all RE games and there was no update. It's clearly something either wrong with the tv or drivers.
I used to see the square disappear on 5 or 6th click. now it's 2.
And with DTM ON, it was the last click that made the square disappear... now it stays on.

edit: Yeah, it is still as it should on PS5 re2make. 5th click. So something is broken with hdr on pc now and I doubt it's re games because it's 2,3 and new 4. I have all installed atm.
edit2: On the note of RE games... RT or not, the re2make uses my whole vram on pc. With RT it will crash after a while of playing. ps5 version is trash with rt (50fps) but without it runs the same as pc verison so 100+fps... but have no vram crashes and hdr issues. Btw that's the new version of re2 on pc. dx11 one is perfefct

Have you tried the HDR Calibration app? For the longest time I just left it default with HGIG until I tried the app a few months back. For whatever reason the whole time my PC was clipping whites at 400 nits, and sure enough, display settings had 'HDR 400' for the display type. Once DTM was turned on it now clips at 3K and just looks a lot better. Might be worth a look as you already have DTM on so the display can't really be at fault and it should fix HDR on Windows. If I had to guess it's probably kooky Nvidia drivers, I annoyingly keep losing GSync compatibility for no reason as well.

rofif

Banned
Have you tried the HDR Calibration app? For the longest time I just left it default with HGIG until I tried the app a few months back. For whatever reason the whole time my PC was clipping whites at 400 nits, and sure enough, display settings had 'HDR 400' for the display type. Once DTM was turned on it now clips at 3K and just looks a lot better. Might be worth a look as you already have DTM on so the display can't really be at fault and it should fix HDR on Windows. If I had to guess it's probably kooky Nvidia drivers, I annoyingly keep losing GSync compatibility for no reason as well.
yeah I did. Most games dont care about it

Stafford

I fucking love the A95K man. Anything I throw at it looks great. 1080p movies have never looked this crisp before. Games are great. I really dig the Bravia Core app too, really sweet quality!

I have a feeling this TV is gonna do me well for a long time to come. I guess you never know with how fast tech changes these days, and maybe I want to go for 77 inch next time, although I am reluctant on sacrificing ppi for that. We'll see.

Celcius

°Temp. member
I fucking love the A95K man. Anything I throw at it looks great. 1080p movies have never looked this crisp before. Games are great. I really dig the Bravia Core app too, really sweet quality!

I have a feeling this TV is gonna do me well for a long time to come. I guess you never know with how fast tech changes these days, and maybe I want to go for 77 inch next time, although I am reluctant on sacrificing ppi for that. We'll see.
Since the sound comes from the screen, the screen vibrating for sound isn't visible by looking at the display right?

Last edited:

Unknown?

I just upgraded from a 2016 43" Sony X800D to a 55" LG C2. The difference is night and day!

Only thing that sucks is it doesn't jive with my Sony sound receiver like my Sony TV did. It won't turn on with the TV but it will turn off. For some reason my media remote won't adjust the volume until I adjust it with the TV remote first even though it clearly is communicating with the TV. I suppose I'll change from optical to Arc and see if that works.

After owning 3 LG oleds I've finally switched it up and purchased a Samsung oled S90C and my goodness the colors are crazy bright! Standard definition upscaling isn't great on regular content but gaming and HDR content is beautiful. After hearing people rave about qd oled's clean panel I finally understand 😆 it definently makes a difference but LG's oled panels still have its advantages I've gotta agree with Sleepwalker don't expect a night and day difference but the differences are appreciated especially while gaming it feels as if this tech was built for it.

Top Bottom