• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Neon Genesis Evangelion |OT| You Must (Not) Run Away

Status
Not open for further replies.

munchie64

Well, it's basically fuckingnothing.gif.

Anno is heading up a new joint studio apparently to work on FINAL called "Project Studio Q".
Today, however, Anno had a press conference to discuss something called “Project Studio Q”. Not much info was available before the press conference (and will update the post as more info is available) but it appears that this is a new studio based in Fukuoka City that’s formed together with Dwango, Aso College, and Studio Khara and will be working mainly with 3D and CG.
Official press release in Japanese.

Welp.
My+love+life+the+picture+above+ilustrates+my+romantic+situation_3162ce_4938488.png

tumblr_inline_ojwy9hqEqp1t7mojx_540.png

munchie64

Well, first teaser image for 3.0+1.0 is out. You should (not) expect much.
Translation from twitter:
Poster text translation ( 続、そして終。
非、そして反。)
"The continuation, and the end. The error, and the antithesis."
Instead of "error", it also can be rendered as "non"....Poetic Japanese! Poster was drawn by Kushida Tatsuya, according to Minna no Eva Fan.

They seem to have released an English version as well, but the translation's not as eloquent.

Edit: Thread up for it.

Peltz

NOT, and ANTI.

That's quite a translation.

By the way, do we have a thread that discusses the actual plot of Evangelion (the original series + EOE)? If not, is there any demand for one?

munchie64

That's quite a translation.

By the way, do we have a thread that discusses the actual plot of Evangelion (the original series + EOE)? If not, is there any demand for one?
This OT has had a fair amount of plot discussion in it before, so if you want to do it here I'm sure you'd get some responses. Doesn't seem to be anyone LTTP in here right now so spoilers should be fine too.

Peltz

This OT has had a fair amount of plot discussion in it before, so if you want to do it here I'm sure you'd get some responses. Doesn't seem to be anyone LTTP in here right now so spoilers should be fine too.

Okay, this is something I've always wondered about in End of Evangelion. I'll spoilertag just in case:

Why does Rei's arm fall off her body? Gendou says her AT field can no longer hold its form. But what caused that to happen?

Also, has End of Evangelion ever come out on BluRay with English subtitles? I'm dying for a non-MANGA Entertainment release of the movie. The quality of the DVD mastering is such shit. I really despise how it looks.

munchie64

Okay, this is something I've always wondered about in End of Evangelion. I'll spoilertag just in case:

Why does Rei's arm fall off her body? Gendou says her AT field can no longer hold its form. But what caused that to happen?

Also, has End of Evangelion ever come out on BluRay with English subtitles? I'm dying for a non-MANGA Entertainment release of the movie. The quality of the DVD mastering is such shit. I really despise how it looks.
Her AT Field is shrinking and the show or movie never really goes into why.
I always personally thought it was an after effect of Ritsuko destroying the dummy system. Like Lilith's soul can't be contained by the single body left, so as Gendo says, they're "running out of time". But because there doesn't seem to be any direct answers, it's anyone's guess.
I found a thread about it on EvaGeeks.

As for your second question, no unfortunately. The rights seem to be a mess for the series in the US.

I need to play that VR thing. The Mario Kart one looks dope too.

I tried all the VR games at that very place and it was incredible. The immersion with the machines they set up for it is next level, this is the only time where I felt like VR had me wanting more.

The mario cart especially blew my mind

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom