• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Neon Genesis Evangelion |OT| You Must (Not) Run Away

Status
Not open for further replies.

CassSept

How can this be.

I just don't get it. "Thankfully" 3.0 was pretty terrible so it's not like I've been eagerly awaiting 4.0 all this time.

Yeah, I'm in the same boat really. That nearly 3,5 year long wait between 2.0 and 3.0 was hard because of the great cliffhanger that promised an exciting new direction for the series. After they totally shat the bed with 3.0 coupled with the insane radio silence on the project I just don't care, maybe it ends one day, maybe it doesn't.

Jinroh

Maybe I'm repeating myself but I'm much more interested in a proper 2.22 sequel than this 3+1 thing. Now that the world has already ended nothing can really surprise me.

I'd like to watch the End of Evangelion counterpart of this show.

Chuckie

It's nice to see people turning around on 3.33 now. I never understood what the issue was with it, as I liked it the first time I saw it.

Well one of the issues was that at the end of 2.0 we got this awesome cliffhanger and an even more awesome preview of 3.0.... and then none of that happens... at all.

Another issue is that stupid 'Curse of Eva' making everybody older except for the pilots (which gave me a 1000 year old dragon vibe)

And there is a shitload more, but it has been a long time since I've seen it and I cannot remember clearly anymore.

3.0 is actually about reshaping the Evangelion brand yo. They are kids because that's what we've always seen them as, they are cursed to be as kids forever in our minds. They will never grow up.

It's disgusting that Anno has wasted the past decade on these shitty Eva films, I hope this last one wraps up quickly so he can finally move on.
Godzilla is so promising.

It's nice to see people turning around on 3.33 now. I never understood what the issue was with it, as I liked it the first time I saw it.

I thought it did a good job of being generally antagonistic, trying to make you feel alienated and frustrated along with Shinji, out of place in a world which you are supposed to know. No idea where 4.0 will go.

Best credits song too.

NeOak

Because we never got this scene

q017.png

That 3.0 Preview also hinted at Gendo being "good" and rising up against Seele instead of the same shit as the original series. 3.33 was even worse in his characterization, turned him into a 1-bit bad guy that has absolutely no redemption at all.

Jackpot

Banned

The plot depending on nobody taking 5 seconds to explain anything to Shinji, the movie being only 3 long acts, zero character development despite them being 14 years older, leaning into pulling random mythology terms out the ass, the lowered stakes (why fight if the world's already destroyed?)...

The Eva curse is just an excuse to have a time skip with the cast still being the main pilots. Isn't it lore that only teens can sync and pilot Evas? I enjoyed the movie, but 2.0 was so good, this wasn't up to par. 3.0 has best ost of the three to me.

Kensation

Redecoration of Evangelion

Seriously, there didn't need to be any more Eva. It's like that guy in his late 30's still trying to ride on his high school glory days.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Its just going to be 15 minutes of Anno counting his settlement money then stepping on a Rei figurine before flipping off the camera.

NeOak

Well don't get your hopes up, but it looks like Anno is doing a prees conference on the 12th next month.
https://twitter.com/evageeks/status/880458052503252996

Hopefully he will disregard 3.0 and announce a new double feature with 3.0 and 3.0+1.0

i wanna believe

WHY IN HEAVENS DID YOU BUMP THIS THR...

Oh actual news! I hope?

Yeah, unlike the 3.33 thread that gets bumped by someone who just watched it and got mindfucked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom