• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Neon Genesis Evangelion |OT| You Must (Not) Run Away

Status
Not open for further replies.

A-V-B

They.......are only starting now.........

1529443_o.gif

Blader

Khara started preproduction some time ago so this is probably/hopefully just the full-fledged production stage now than actually starting from square one.

Of course it's also possible Anno dumped a lot of that prep work when he came back onboard, as he did with 2.0 and 3.0...

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
At this point I was resigned it would never be made, so the fact they even started it is good news in my book.

Moonkid

I don't care about the movie, I just hope Shiro continues his trajectory on making increasingly amazing music for this series.

Hurry up and finish so this mistake of a reboot can stop being a black hole for talent in the industry and people can move on with their fucking lives

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Evangelion: 3.0+1.0 update they started production

Khara, the studio behind director Hideaki Anno's new Evangelion films, confirmed on Wednesday that the next Shin Evangelion project is in production. The studio posted on its Twitter account: "Shin Eva meeting. We're hard at work in production!"

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/dai...next-shin-evangelion-is-in-production/.114394

Holy shit, I thought they had started years ago. lol

I even liked the last one a lot, too...

Ōkami

I had just started highschool by the time the first movie had come out.

I'll be a college graduate by the time the last movie is out
and ends up being terrible

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
I guess I don't think a 10 year turnaround for a 4 film series is that bad. We're just impatient mofos ;)

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
I remember when I was in high school and I thought, "eh, I might just wait until all four are out".

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
I guess I don't think a 10 year turnaround for a 4 film series is that bad. We're just impatient mofos ;)
For me, such timeframes with such amount of movies in a series aren't that bad when each movie doesn't have much dangling left by their endings.

Unfortunately, Evangelion is more dangly than an overcrowded cable cabinet.

fastmower

Just finished:

Overall, one of the best animes I have seen. The attention to detail, world building, animation, and strong characters. Just amazing.

I did pretty much understand the final two episodes - but I thought it was a disappointment of an ending...

Is there any media I should I watch next?

Chuckie

Just finished:

Overall, one of the best animes I have seen. The attention to detail, world building, animation, and strong characters. Just amazing.

I did pretty much understand the final two episodes - but I thought it was a disappointment of an ending...

End of Evangelion movie. I consider that the 'true' ending.

Evangelion: 3.0+1.0 update they started production

Khara, the studio behind director Hideaki Anno's new Evangelion films, confirmed on Wednesday that the next Shin Evangelion project is in production. The studio posted on its Twitter account: "Shin Eva meeting. We're hard at work in production!"

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/dai...next-shin-evangelion-is-in-production/.114394

giphy.gif

...I just wanted an excuse to use the gif, sorry.

I'd assumed Anno and co had started after Godzilla, but a break is very understandable, especially since it seemed like 3.0 didn't do wonders for poor Anno's depression. On the bright side, I might be fluent in Japanese by the time the film comes out! (My Japanese has currently deteriorated to an horrific level.)

Paltheos

Are you suggesting that bit at the end of 3.0 was actually going to be in 4.0?

I was super hyped for 3.0 from the teaser at the end of 2.0 (and, of course, the cliffhanger too). I have no such delusions about 4.0, although unlike allot of people I think there's still a good movie to be had in there.

In retrospect, it may actually be better for it. I've been thinking 4.0 might be good as an introspective film, using 3.0 as a setup just to put all the pieces in place.

NeOak

I was super hyped for 3.0 from the teaser at the end of 2.0 (and, of course, the cliffhanger too). I have no such delusions about 4.0, although unlike allot of people I think there's still a good movie to be had in there.

In retrospect, it may actually be better for it. I've been thinking 4.0 might be good as an introspective film, using 3.0 as a setup just to put all the pieces in place.

Inb4 Shinji wakes up in 4.0 and 3.0 was all a dream due to being inside Unit 01.

Just finished:

What you should really watch is Kare Kano.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
The third movie was great.

fite me 1v1
it has honestly grown on me a lot with time.

it has shitty pacing and characters withhold information for no reason but to make a plot exist, but I actually like everything else about it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom