• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NES Classics Survey

I wish they had 5 write in choices-mine would then be:

Bionic Commando
Crystalis
The Guardian Legend
The Battle of Olympus
Goonies 2

Goonies 2 was my first NES game and I thought I still had it, but I just checked and I don't.
It was my first EB purchase and cost me $17.99 that I borrowed from my dad. Unfortunately, I found out about the Super NES a week after I bought the NES (in early 1991), but I had to wait 3 years for it, so I would have missed out on many great games if I had just waited a little more.

Dilbert

Hmmm...interesting question...

1943: The Battle of Midway
This was one of my absolute favorite arcade games of all time. However, my recollection was that the NES version was pretty lousy. (In an mostly unrelated note -- well, related because it's yet another lousy NES port -- I have the theme to Ikari Warriors stuck in my head for no apparent reason. That game ate a lot of my quarters as a kid...)

Contra
Hell yeah I'd buy it! The real question is -- how come there hasn't been a Contra game (new or improved remake) for the GBA SP yet?

Ghosts 'n Goblins
I'd be sorely tempted to buy this one, although it's a HARD game.

Kid Icarus
Yup yup. I only played this a few times, but I remember it being a LOT of fun.

Metroid
Why would anyone buy this game when you can unlock it by beating Metroid: Zero Mission? (Which RULES, by the way -- I'm enjoying that game a lot right now.)

The Legend of Zelda
Already bought it, and it's still a great game.

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
Mystifizor said:
--THE BATTLE OF OLYMP-- (NES)
One of the greatest games ever.
But -GOD OF WAR- will top everything ;-)

Shit, I forgot about The Battle of Olypus - The Zelda II ripoff that was better than Zelda II!

Great game. I'll never forget the first time I beat it. It had a huge world, good music, and a good challenge....but the part where you had to collect the salamander skins sucked.

Subitai

Hmm, I want Contra.

Anyway, as much as a rip-off these games are, I don't blame Nintendo. Record companies are robbing us all the time selling really old music at new music prices. That's why Record execs make tons of money were game execs don't.

JayFro

Banned
Legendary Wings
Ikari Warriors
Contra
Gradius
Bad Dudes
Double Dragon 3

All are multiplayer except bad dudes which should have been a multi player game.

I'd love to see Goonies 2... but I'd really love to see the original Goonies. The one they had in those little NES arcades. I loved that game.

Otherwise, I don't know that I could resist Adventures of Lolo, Kid Icarus or Wrecking Crew off of that list.

I'd also vote for Little Nemo, Clash at Demonhead, Legacy of the Wizard, Battle of Olympus, The Guardian Legend and Blaster Master.

shuri

Banned
If they would charge less for them, I would actually care about those re-releases.
Or if they would stick more than one game on the cart, then I'll be interested

Any frigging random Joe Pirate can just go and pickup a 256mbit flashcard and have 300 of those games on a single cart. :(

jooey

The Motorcycle That Wouldn't Slow Down
shuri said:
If they would charge less for them, I would actually care about those re-releases.
Or if they would stick more than one game on the cart, then I'll be interested

Any frigging random Joe Pirate can just go and pickup a 256mbit flashcard and have 300 of those games on a single cart. :(

yeah, they really should stop blatantly marketing towards those people.

Bat

The problem is that you can pick up tons of new GBA games for $20. I was going to get Zelda (NES) today, but Circuit City had Advance Wars 2 on sale for the same price. Not really a tough decesion.

However, there's a bunch of NES games that would be worth it as they have not been re-released ever. Games like Blaster Master, Bionic Commando, Zelda II, Kid Icarus, and the Castlevanias would definetly be worth the cost.

Ristamar

I just voted again from work... besides Pirates, my other write-ins were Blaster Master and Wizardry II: Knight of Diamonds (I'd really like a handheld Wizardry title). I think one of my other write-ins from yesterday may have been R.C. Pro-Am.

I see a lot of people mentioning Blaster Master....my question to you is did you buy the Blaster Master GBC port, Blaster Master Below?

Ristamar

DJ Demon J said:
I see a lot of people mentioning Blaster Master....my question to you is did you buy the Blaster Master GBC port, Blaster Master Below?

Can't say I did, but I didn't own a handheld before the GBA SP.

I picked;

1943: The Battle of Midway
Castlevania
Contra
Hudson's Adventure Island
Kid Icarus
Kung Fu
Pro Wrestling
Punch-Out!!
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II
Tetris
Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
Metroid - say what you will, I want this as a Matroid game fan and collector.

and I voted in;

Double Dragon
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 3
Rygar

sonatinas

its allabout tecmo bowl and goonies 2

u need to bust out the pen and paper to navigate goonies 2

for fun i voted for RAMBO cause its awesome

I want:

Faxanadu
Castlevania series
TMNT series
Super C
Master Blaster
Punch-Out
Mega Man Series ( I know about the annaversary titles but I would like it portable)

DJ Demon J said:

Absolutely, and it rocked. Hell, I even bought the Playstation version. Blaster Master for LIFE!

shpankey

not an idiot
Top Gear II
Rock-N-Roll Racing
Ikari Warriors
COMMANDO
Super Off Road
NBA Jam
Mortal Kombat
Contra
Dune
Road Rash