• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Mario Wonder takes No.1 spot from Spider-Man 2 | UK Boxed Charts

Super Mario Bros Wonder topped the UK boxed charts this week, pushing last week's No.1 Spider-Man 2 to second place.

GfK's report showed that while Super Mario Wonder dropped 55% in sales, Spider-Man 2 saw a 69% decrease week-on-week.

Both games remain two of 2023's biggest boxed game launches, with Spider-Man 2 in fourth and Mario Wonder in fifth.
Metal Gear Solid: Master Collection Vol. 1 debuted at No.4, EA Sports FC 24 remained at No.3 and Assassin's Creed Mirage rounded out the Top 5 in the same position as last week despite a 25% decline in sales.

Metal Gear was one of four new entries in the physical charts this week, with EA Sports UFC 5 debuting at No.7. Barbie Dreamhouse Adventures and Just Dance 2024 debuted further down the charts.
Elsewhere, Sonic Superstars fell from No.4 to No.15 following a 72% decrease in sales while The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom dropped to No.17 even though it saw a 9% sales increase.

Five titles re-entered the charts due to price promotions, including Dead Island 2 (which saw a 309% increase), Sonic Origins Plus, Red Dead Redemption 2, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder's Revenge, and Gotham Knights.
Here is the GfK Boxed Top Ten for this week ending October 28, 2023:

Last WeekThis WeekTitle
21Super Mario Bros Wonder
12Spider-Man 2
33EA Sports FC 24
New entry4Metal Gear Solid: Master Collection Vol 1
55Assassin's Creed Mirage
66Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
New entry7EA Sports UFC 5
88Hogwarts Legacy
109Nintendo Switch Sports
910Minecraft (Nintendo Switch)

Interfectum

2gH89gv.jpg

"You come at the king, you best not miss." - Shigeru Miyamoto

Last edited:

Hustler

Makes sense, I still buy all of my Switch games physical because they hold their value, but i buy all of my PS games digital.

Fake

Poor spider. Good for Mario I guess. Lets see how legs Spider got after the honeymoon phase.

Last edited:

Elios83

With digital it's really likely that Spiderman 2 is still on top, not that it matters particularly, these two games will both continue to sell gangbuster throughout the holiday season.

blacktout

This doesn’t include digital where PS games are stronger than Nintendo. We still don’t have final numbers. Closer to the end of the week we know the actual sales for both

We're not going to know the actual sales for Mario Wonder until Nintendo tweets them or includes them in a quarterly financial report, since they don't report digital sales data.

Doom85

The game on a system that has sold 130 million units outsold a game on a system that has sold 40 million units?!

Mild Shock GIF

Seriously, comparing Nintendo software sales to those of the other two feels meaningless unless we get a gen where the three launch around the same time. Nintendo has a huge advantage due to not having advanced a gen yet, meanwhile eventually Switch 2-only games will be selling less than a good deal of PS5/XSX titles for a good while. It’s like comparing the height of a 7 year old versus a 12 year old, feels dumb.

Robb

Gold Member
Seriously, comparing Nintendo software sales to those of the other two feels meaningless unless we get a gen where the three launch around the same time. Nintendo has a huge advantage due to not having advanced a gen yet, meanwhile eventually Switch 2-only games will be selling less than a good deal of PS5/XSX titles for a good while. It’s like comparing the height of a 7 year old versus a 12 year old, feels dumb.
Eh, not sure I agree with this. Time is hardly a big factor. You can compare their software sales to games on Ps4 which has been out since 2014 if you want to and Nintendo will still absolutely crush them.

Their software sales on Switch have been absolutely bonkers relative to pretty much any system.

Mr Moose

With digital it's really likely that Spiderman 2 is still on top, not that it matters particularly, these two games will both continue to sell gangbuster throughout the holiday season.
Both games remain two of 2023's biggest boxed game launches, with Spider-Man 2 in fourth and Mario Wonder in fifth.
It is ahead in boxed sales.

Top Bottom