• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NetEase to Acquire 100% of Quantic Dream

pEanjk8.png

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
In what way?

Big Chinese conglomerate mainly in tech/it services with a music and gaming division. Bought Grasshopper Studio, pouched the RGG guy.

Oh so it's another Tencent then. Hmmmmm.....not sure how I feel about all of this. I might have to do a protest "non" buy of Quantic Dreams' next game then. I don't approve of these purchases by these Chinese companies. And I'm not upset with the western devs that sell themselves to them, than the Chinese companies that buy them.

McRazzle

Everyone whining about MS buying Activision/Blizzard but apparently it's ok for Chinese companies NetEase and Tencet to buy up the rest?
It is not wrong that Microsoft is buying Activision/Blizzard.
It's just fucking stupid that Microsoft would pay 70 billion for Call of Duty.
They could have bought Warner Brothers for that , for fucks sake

Everyone whining about MS buying Activision/Blizzard but apparently it's ok for Chinese companies NetEase and Tencet to buy up the rest?

Are you not reading this thread or is your persecution complex for MS so bad that it's fucked up your reading comprehension?

Point to a single serious post in this thread cheering for communist China buying the creators of Heavy Rain....

Evil Calvin

Afraid of Boobs
Are you not reading this thread or is your persecution complex for MS so bad that it's fucked up your reading comprehension?

Point to a single serious post in this thread cheering for communist China buying the creators of Heavy Rain....
I guess my point is that you never hear that there is any issue with these companies swallowing up tons of studios...like you do with MS.

Kokoloko85

I personally care less because I dont know what actually tencent is doing? Seems They dont have a console or platform they can make these games exclusive to, so it effects me less. Im guessing they still release games on consoles and pc?

Plus
1. Quantic dreams is a studio not a publisher with loads of IP’s everyone has loved for decades like Bethesda and Activision.

2. From the top of my head I cant think of anyone who has bought 2 huge publishers recently like Bethesda and Activision. So when other companies start doing the same then people will complain. Sony talked big but all they did is kinda buy Bungie and some other newly made studios

killatopak

Gold Member
NetEase reputation has been bad for a long time so this acquisition is just bad for me. I haven't seen anyone praise NetEase whenever this company is brought up so I'm inclined to think this will suck for QD.

Top Bottom