• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Netflix Teases Castlevania 3

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
With 10 episodes comprising of 4 plots which were spread thin with filler, the writer probably had a mandate for 10 episodes in order for Netflix to renew.

He couldn't come up with a plot or two to stretch it through 10 shows, so he had to prolong the plots. Some plots had to be continued from last season, but man were they thin.

The only plot which was kind of fine with pacing is Isaac's. Trevor/Sypha's plot was a bit too long, Hector's was much too long. Alucard's was pointless.

What they should have done is skip Alucard all season (bring him back in season 4), cut down on a bit filler with the others, and made the season 6-7 episodes long.

Another problem is the quality and tone of script and voice acting. It's a weird combination you don't get in any TV show.

Trevor/Sypha: Action, cheesey one-liners between two people who like each other

Isaac: Action, serious and philosophical dialogue

Vampires/Hector: Soap opera where it resembles talking about each other like it's Melrose Place 1995

Alucard: Who knows. Totally out of place

Last edited:

Azurro

Banned
I'm so frustrated, nothing happens in this goddamn season. I'm in episode 7 and I feel like the plot has barely moved.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
I'm so frustrated, nothing happens in this goddamn season. I'm in episode 7 and I feel like the plot has barely moved.
Netflix is setting up 4 more seasons about Alucard being bi I'm sure.

Herr Edgy

Uh the twins heel turn? The bit about the guy with the apple tree in the woods?
Both were foreshadowed though. The only thing I was a bit surprised by was that Lenore actually did end up enslaving Hector. I was thinking at some point that it would be too obvious and a nice change of pace if she was legit falling in love and it was him who would betray her.

Top Bottom