• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Call of Doodie too shot.....SMOKE!!

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
fixing your post klee...

call-of-duty-2-20050701080938405.jpg

this shot looks new too:

call-of-duty-2-20050701080934343.jpg

newsguy

The 360 version will be the reason I get kicked out of my apt. complex. Huge explosions at 3:00 am... Newsguy am homeless :(

FightyF

Banned
First shot looks great, and the second shot looks a bit odd because everything looks rubbery. BUT, if it was intentional because they were all wet and just came out...that's be pretty cool.

jett

D-Member
The smoke looks excellet, like a painting, even. The clothes look like shit on the other hand...

Get rid of that ugly, ugly, UGLY fucking bump mapping or whatever the fuck they're doing with those clothes, and it looks terrific.

Pimpbaa

Mike Works said:
Get rid of that ugly, ugly, UGLY fucking bump mapping or whatever the fuck they're doing with those clothes, and it looks terrific.

No it wouldn't. The textures would look flat and no better than Call of Duty 1.

Any1

How in the hell can this be the same game we saw at e3? After watching the e3 video, underwhelmed is just not a strong enough of a word to describe my feelings for this game.

But after seeing 2 new videos and the recent screenshots, CoD2 is quickly becoming my most wanted game for the 360. The game is turning out to be utterly breathtaking.

newsguy

Pimpbaa said:
No it wouldn't. The textures would look flat and no better than Call of Duty 1.

You know, as excited I am about this game, you're absolutely right. Even Rare said that the character models in PD0 are low poly but the bump mapping and other "tricks" make them look more detailed.

Any1

I honestly couldn't see this game looking any better, but if this is running on current pc hardware, is it possible that it could look even better on the finished 360 hardware?

Borys

Banned
Cerrius said:
unfreakinbelievable

EDIT: Are these screens from the beta kits?

PC.GAMESPY.COM

Which part of PC you don't understand?

People act like it's 360 exclusive, very annoying.

I wonder if their new smoke fx are a more advanced version of the trick they used in CoD:UO, where it was basically traditional looking smoke/fog enhanced with some nicely detailed 2D animation. It made every explosion look fantastic even though it was well, smoke and mirrors. This looks like its fully transparent though, like the whole thing is being rendered. Hope the "old" GT can handle it.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
I think Call of Duty features the best smoke ever in a videogame. As simple as that. Heck, it looks much better than some smoke featured in early CG movies.

Also, people blasting normal maps in stills get me out of my nerves, you need to watch it in movement. See: Riddick and Doom 3.

Striek

Wow, the smoke in that pic looks like its being oil-painted on. Very nice. Still play CoD:UO on occasion, this game will be awesome.

JMPovoa

People who're looking forward to it and are console addicts won't even care if these are PC screens. It's not as if the 360 will behind these.

Mrbob

Borys said:
PC.GAMESPY.COM

Which part of PC you don't understand?

People act like it's 360 exclusive, very annoying.

I'm wondering if this is going to turn into a GTA3 sort of situation. With all the great buzz around Call of Duty 2 perhaps MS is going to lock up an exclusive on the game for 6 months or so. Also, I thought the X360 is the lead sku.

Borys

Banned
Mrbob said:
I'm wondering if this is going to turn into a GTA3 sort of situation. With all the great buzz around Call of Duty 2 perhaps MS is going to lock up an exclusive on the game for 6 months or so. Also, I thought the X360 is the lead sku.

I don't mind the 360 version (not for me anyway) but come on, people asking "alpha or beta kits shots ?" is simply stupid.

It's neither of them - full PC glory screens from a PC site called Gamespy. Reading comprehension people!

As for the exclusivity thing Mrbob - we shall see. It's up to Activision and MS deep pockets.

Phoenix

jett said:
The smoke looks excellet, like a painting, even. The clothes look like shit on the other hand...

^^^^^

I was thinking the same thing.

All I want to know is if they have written in mouse/keyboard support.

Pimpwerx

Any1 said:
How in the hell can this be the same game we saw at e3? After watching the e3 video, underwhelmed is just not a strong enough of a word to describe my feelings for this game.

But after seeing 2 new videos and the recent screenshots, CoD2 is quickly becoming my most wanted game for the 360. The game is turning out to be utterly breathtaking.
Amazing what happens when you add shaders and lighting to previously crappy models. :D

The E3 demo was amazing for the atmosphere and action, but the graphics were pretty bland. But now they've put in some of the lighting, and bumped up the shading effects (are those bump or normal maps?). Oh, and the already impressive smoke effects look even sweeter in those shots. Very nice indeed. But I don't think I'm crazy for wanting more. This looks like BF2++ right now. Gimme gimme gimme gimme MORE! Everything this gen should have self-shadowing out the wazoo. PEACE.

Any1

Borys said:
I don't mind the 360 version (not for me anyway) but come on, people asking "alpha or beta kits shots ?" is simply stupid.

It's neither of them - full PC glory screens from a PC site called Gamespy. Reading comprehension people!

As for the exclusivity thing Mrbob - we shall see. It's up to Activision and MS deep pockets.

I couldn't agree more. This is from the PC version, people. The 360 version will look way better than this. :D

Bluecondor

I don't know - I hope the 360 version isn't like the first COD on XBox. I love WWII games, but that game bored me to death with all of the scripted events. It felt more like a WWII amusement park ride than a video game where I could affect the outcome.

And, Brothers in Arms spoiled me with the squad system and the realism.

But - I want this game to be good, and, the Pointe du Hauc level looks amazing. I hope it is interesting and immersive though after you scale the cliffs.

pestul

Any1 said:
I couldn't agree more. This is from the PC version, people. The 360 version will look way better than this. :D
I doubt it will look WAY better. If if it's a single-thread game, PCs still have the advantage in cpu speed.. and with the recent release of the 7800GTX, I'd say if you have the power, it would look every bit as good as the 360 version. However.. if they add specific graphical features only the 360 hw can handle in gpu, there might be a slight difference.

Top Bottom