• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New DC Universe event starts with 'Dark Days', from Snyder, Lee and more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got around to reading Dark Days: The Forge. What did you guys think?
I'm not the biggest Snyder fan, I recognize he's talented and I quite liked parts of his run on Batman but this was... Interesting, maybe? I understand that it's meant to tease the event but it was pretty close to being an incomprehensible mess. I can't imagine how a new reader would even begin to understand what the hell Snyder is hinting at half the time.

And Snyder is good at setting up insane mysteries but they never quite pan out in the end imo and the set-up is so incredibly crazy here that I kinda doubt it will pay off in a satisfying manner.

I'm being very negative but this wasn't a bad read overall, I'm just a bit confused by the fact that this is suposed to be the first big Rebirth event. Hopefully it'll get better once it actually starts.

I'm not the biggest Snyder fan, I recognize he's talented and I quite liked parts of his run on Batman but this was... Interesting, maybe? I understand that it's meant to tease the event but it was pretty close to being an incomprehensible mess. I can't imagine how a new reader would even begin to understand what the hell Snyder is hinting at half the time.

And Snyder is good at setting up insane mysteries but they never quite pan out in the end imo and the set-up is so incredibly crazy here that I kinda doubt it will pay off in a satisfying manner.

I'm being very negative but this wasn't a bad read overall, I'm just a bit confused by the fact that this is suposed to be the first big Rebirth event. Hopefully it'll get better once it actually starts.

It's a little hard to follow if you don't know the lore of the past couple of reboots. But I liked it overall. I haven't felt this excited to buy and read comics in years.

I'm loving the hell out of Rebirth.

Ross61

This isn't a Rebirth event. JLvsSS was a Rebirth event.

And I was able to follow just fine.

I'm loving the hell out of Rebirth.

So am I, which is why I'm not too worried about this, just surprised by the presentation of this prologue. I'll just skip the event if I don't like the first couple issues, no big deal.

This isn't a Rebirth event. JLvsSS was a Rebirth event.

And I was able to follow just fine.

Come on, you know what I meant. It's the first major line-wide event since the beginning of Rebirth.

Dalek

I would like to have a spoiler thread where we can talk about everything in this event because 2 issues in and it's fucking crazy and worth talking about. Is there even enough interest in a spoiler thread?

Dalek

Doomsday Clock isn't a part of this.

Agreed that a spoiler thread would be a good idea. I'll whip one up after work if nobody else does. Should cover Dark Days, Metal, and all the tie ins.

Also based on the cliffhanger today, I'd even though in recommended reading from past stories.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom