• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Exorcist Movie Trailer

Fart Knight

Al Pachinko, Konami President
Hannibal Buress Whack GIF

fart town usa

Gold Member
Exorcist 3 has a terrible side plot involving a priest but the main story focusing on George C Scott is fantastic, highly recommend watching it. Has one scene in particular that will make your heart drop. Directed by the author of the of actual Exorcist book, William Peter Blatty.

The Ninth Configuration is also a great movie that has some really sinister scenes. Also written/directed by William Peter Blatty.

Sorcerer

The Regan Army?
There doing their best to take away everything that made The Exorcist Creepy in the first place. Just throwing the Demons in every scene possible like that.

Sorcerer

Crap, is that Ellen Burstyn?

She must really need that paycheck :(
Probably has a few seconds in the movie, what you see in the trailer is probably the extent of her role. They wanted her name attached more for credibility reasons than anything else most likely.
Ellen picks up the check, say's I'm outtie Demons, best of luck, and will proceed to never watch the movie.

Last edited:

Virex

Banned
I'm 43 and didnt even know there was a 3rd film, wtf. I'll have to see it now.
It's very different. But it's fantastic. It was originally filmed as Legion, the book that was the sequel to the original exorcist book. But at the last minute the studio decided the use the Exorcist name instead of just Legion. Good thing is that the author actually wrote the script and directed the movie.

Dr.Morris79

It's very different. But it's fantastic. It was originally filmed as Legion, the book that was the sequel to the original exorcist book. But at the last minute the studio decided the use the Exorcist name instead of just Legion. Good thing is that the author actually wrote the script and directed the movie.
Sounds good to me, i'm currently checking the Ebay, or anywhere for a copy. Amazon seemed to only have the Bluray and no second hand.. I shall endeavour none the less!

Virex

Banned
Sounds good to me, i'm currently checking the Ebay, or anywhere for a copy. Amazon seemed to only have the Bluray and no second hand.. I shall endeavour none the less!
The Blu-Ray is well worth it to be honest. Especially if you can find the Collector's Edition, because it's well worth it. Packed with a lot of content for a great movie

Another cool fact. The Exorcist 3 was actually also an influence for Silent Hill 1, 2 and 3. For some reason The Exorcist 3 has always been very highly rated in Japan. You should really watch it.

Last edited:
I'm 43 and didnt even know there was a 3rd film, wtf. I'll have to see it now.
I saw in theaters when I was a kid and I didn't like it. I saw it again recently on television and I really liked it after that.

It's the only other good Exorcist movie so I would recommend it.

Last edited:

Dr.Morris79

The Blu-Ray is well worth it to be honest. Especially if you can find the Collector's Edition, because it's well worth it. Packed with a lot of content for a great movie

Another cool fact. The Exorcist 3 was actually also an influence for Silent Hill 1, 2 and 3. For some reason The Exorcist 3 has always been very highly rated in Japan. You should really watch it.
I saw in theaters when I was a kid and I didn't like it. I saw it again recently on television and I really liked it after that.

It's the only other good Exorcist movie so I would recommend it.
Their is a mind blowing scene that is the all time king of suspense and shock.
It gets me every time.
It's absolutely worth a watch.
Damn, you lot know how to sell a film, Silent hill influence, suspense and shock?

Bought the Bluray off Amazon, new. I just need to see it now :messenger_sunglasses:

I'll have to watch it on me own though, my wife hates horrors :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Virex

Banned
Damn, you lot know how to sell a film, Silent hill influence, suspense and shock?

Bought the Bluray off Amazon, new. I just need to see it now :messenger_sunglasses:

I'll have to watch it on me own though, my wife hates horrors :messenger_tears_of_joy:
Silent Hill 1,2 and 3 took some inspiration from Exorcist 3. Lisa Garland is the most obvious, but all through Silent Hill 1, 2 and 3 there are small references to Exorcist 3. I've seen Exorcist 3 so many times I don't want to spoil the movie with things that are featured in Silent Hill. Hope you enjoy the movie and let me know what you think after watching it.

As for you wife hating horror. It's more a psychological horror than straight up horror. This isn't a spoiler but at the end there is an exorcism but the original shooting never had an exorcism in it. The studio made them go back and film it, so they can use the exorcist name. As i've said previously. Exorcist 3 is based on the book Legion. Which is the sequel to the original Exorcist novel. Exorcist 2 was just a quick cash grab with no one involved from the original, that's why we still pretend to this day that it doesn't exist. Exorcist 2 is probably one of the worst movies ever made and I never finished watching it, it was just that bad. I'd rather put my dick in a meat grinder than watch it again.

Last edited:

Dr.Morris79

Silent Hill 1,2 and 3 took some inspiration from Exorcist 3. Lisa Garland is the most obvious, but all through Silent Hill 1, 2 and 3 there are small references to Exorcist 3. I've seen Exorcist 3 so many times I don't want to spoil the movie with things that are featured in Silent Hill. Hope you enjoy the movie and let me know what you think after watching it.

As for you wife hating horror. It's more a psychological horror than straight up horror. This isn't a spoiler but at the end there is an exorcism but the original shooting never had an exorcism in it. The studio made them go back and film it, so they can use the exorcist name. As i've said previously. Exorcist 3 is based on the book Legion. Which is the sequel to the original Exorcist novel. Exorcist 2 was just a quick cash grab with no one involved from the original, that's why we still pretend to this day that it doesn't exist. Exorcist 2 is probably one of the worst movies ever made and I never finished watching it, it was just that bad. I'd rather put my dick in a meat grinder than watch it again.
Considering I love most of the Silent Hills, this sounds like it going to be right up my alley :messenger_sunglasses:

Upon buying it I was also struck with the notion that the front of the case resembles another certain PS1 game.. :unsure:

SBhuKPa.jpg

As for my wife she hates anything like this in any sense to quite a comical degree, it's mainly the reason I dont really watch anything like this nowdays or only when shes away, shes a soft soul. Which made for a hilarious flight last week when I watched Smile on the plane on our flight last week (Wanted to seeit as soon as I saw the trailer, now was the chance..) and kept telling her to look over at the best bits :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Had to be done..

I'll report back after watching 🪖

Movie sucked. It feels like any other cheap exorcism movie that's been made in the last 30 years, except this one has Ellen Burstyn for 15 minutes. Jason Blum could have easily replaced her with Lin Shaye and called it Insidious 5 (or whatever number they're up to).

...and they're going to make two more of these? Dear lord...

Days like these...

Have a Blessed Day
Movie sucked. It feels like any other cheap exorcism movie that's been made in the last 30 years, except this one has Ellen Burstyn for 15 minutes. Jason Blum could have easily replaced her with Lin Shaye and called it Insidious 5 (or whatever number they're up to).

...and they're going to make two more of these? Dear lord...
I could tell by the trailer it was going to be bad. Thanks for the confirmation.

Days like these...

Have a Blessed Day
Have there been any good possession/exorcism movies after the exorcist? I really enjoyed The Medium and The Taking of Deborah Logan (not sure this one counts as possession) but other than those I'm drawing a blank

DrFigs

Have there been any good possession/exorcism movies after the exorcist? I really enjoyed The Medium and The Taking of Deborah Logan (not sure this one counts as possession) but other than those I'm drawing a blank
The Last Exorcism is pretty good. Shot in a found footage style which makes it unique in the genre.

The Conjuring movies are not particularly good horror movies (they're not very scary - the movies themselves are fine), but they're fun Catholic fiction i guess.

edit: i guess the answer is that no, there's not really been any good exorcism movies that hold a candle to the exorcist. I call the movies I mention "pretty good" but that's like grading on a curve, relative to other horror movies, which are generally pretty bad.

Last edited:

Days like these...

Have a Blessed Day
The Last Exorcism is pretty good. Shot in a found footage style which makes it unique in the genre.

The Conjuring movies are not particularly good horror movies (they're not very scary - the movies themselves are fine), but they're fun Catholic fiction i guess.

edit: i guess the answer is that no, there's not really been any good exorcism movies that hold a candle to the exorcist. I call the movies I mention "pretty good" but that's like grading on a curve, relative to other horror movies, which are generally pretty bad.
The last exorcism I might have watched that one is that where a documentary film maker passes himself off as a priest in Louisiana to prove exorcisms are not real? If so I liked that one.

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
I saw somewhere else that they spent gobs of money just to acquire the rights to use the name? How hilarious.

FunkMiller

I'm all for shitting on this movie, but that line is supposed to be a joke, since the character she's talking to chuckles in response. That said, it is undoubtedly a poorly executed joke...

Ah yes, just what was needed in a sequel to The Exorcist: gags about the culture wars.

Ah yes, just what was needed in a sequel to The Exorcist: gags about the culture wars.
Well, there are some weird gags and lines about racism in Exorcist 3: Legion (the best Exorcist sequel) that would probably qualify as 'culture wars' to some morons today. Christ, imagine if that movie was released today... even the description of the blackface murder (let alone the imagery) would ruffle some feathers.

Anyway, I don't even think it's a reference to 'culture wars', I think it's supposed to be a joke about Catholic patriarchy. Again, the joke was poorly executed on every level but people REEEing like its the worst thing about this shit movie is stupid.

2023 . Nobody believe in demons / Lucifer anymore.
Not scary at all.

Should be “The AI Exorcist” .

“In a world, where God speak binary….”

Last edited:

BossLackey

Gold Member
Please tell me this is not real. People in the comments are saying it is.

She goes to Hell, which is actually pretty ballsy of the filmmakers, but they're just saying this because her parents are southern Bible beaters. Politics isn't ever explicitly spoken of, but there are certainly some things you might be able to read between the lines. The "reason" for her going to hell and the other girl getting out of jail on that wasn't super clear to me other than some Harry Potter mother's dying love stuff.

Top Bottom