• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New? Frame City Killer Screens (X360)

ThirdEye

So the claims "XNA is teh savior " "Xbox 360 is far easier to develop than PS2, let alone Cell" are all BS? Or Xbox 360 is just weak?

Shompola

Banned
ThirdEye said:
So the claims "XNA is teh savior " "Xbox 360 is far easier to develop than PS2, let alone Cell" are all BS? Or Xbox 360 is just weak?

Great conclusion! :lol

Seriously... if I develop crap for Xbox 360 or any other console, can I then automatically blame it on the platform I am developing it for or is it maybe me who is lazy?

Rorschach

Sho Nuff said:
frame7oa.gif
Nice. :)

mrklaw

MrArseFace
what is it with Japanese games and they way they animate people running? Same in anime. Always leaning forward too much, with their legs mostly just flailing behind them, never coming past their waist. Doesn't help that the run animation tries to instill a sense of kinetics, but he's moving at about 1 mph.

bloke

ThirdEye said:
Actually they're using latest Unreal engine as middleware so...

There's an interview with game producer on xbox.com if anyone cares
Xbox.com: Are there any games out there that influenced the design or theme of Frame City Killer? If so, what are they? Were films or books tapped for inspiration?

Kawashima: The director (Masao Kunimori) and I are both fans of the comic books AKIRA and Kibun Wa Mo Senso by Katsuhiro Otomo. We are also fans of Akira Kurosawa's movies.

Xbox.com: Tell us about the development team working on Frame City Killer. What recent titles have they worked on? What experience and expertise does the team bring to this project?

Kawashima: When a new development team forms at Namco, we recruit staff from other projects. Kunimori and I both worked on roleplaying games, but other staff worked on games in the Ace Combat and Ridge Racer franchises.
http://www.xbox.com/en-US/e32005/devinterviews/20050516-kawashima.htm

Tellaerin

Maybe it's just me, but 'Frame City Killer' does not sound like a good title for a videogame. Every time I hear it, I think 'framerate killer'. That's not something you really want associated with your game, IMO.

Rhindle

mrklaw said:
what is it with Japanese games and they way they animate people running? Same in anime. Always leaning forward too much, with their legs mostly just flailing behind them, never coming past their waist. Doesn't help that the run animation tries to instill a sense of kinetics, but he's moving at about 1 mph.
Well, that's true of a lot of anime as well, come to think of it.

Top Bottom