• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Games with Gold for July 2023 Revealed

Draugoth

Gold Member
Games-With-Gold-July-2c0f20230d83b7bea4bd.jpg

Xbox Live Gold members will have exclusive access to these games for a limited time as part of Games with Gold. So will Xbox Game Pass Ultimate members, who receive all the fantastic benefits of Gold plus access to hundreds of high-quality games with Xbox Game Pass.

Darkwood

Roam by day, survive the night. Darkwood is a different type of survival horror game that builds tension through slow-burn atmosphere without relying on jump scares. While the sun is out, explore an open world of the corrupted woods to scavenge weapons and materials. Once the sun dips, you’ll need to hole up surrounded by whatever traps and barriers you can build and pray you can hide from or fight the creatures that emerge in the dark. Good luck making it through the night with your body and mind intact.

When the Past was Around

Discover the touching and bittersweet love story of Eda and Owl. Unlock the puzzles in a beautifully rendered point and click adventure with hand-drawn art and a magical score that will stick with you for days. This is a calming, meditative game that reflects on love and loss in a surreal world made up of disjointed rooms from memory and time.

Read more about our Games with Gold program here and stay tuned to Xbox Wire for all the latest news on Xbox. Like we said before, if you are an Xbox Game Pass Ultimate member, you get all the benefits of Xbox Live Gold, hundreds of high-quality games you can play on console, PC, and across devices from the Cloud, and access to EA Play at no extra cost. New games are added all the time, so you’re never without something new to try when you’re looking to find your next favorite game. If you’re new, or if you’re an existing Xbox Live Gold and Xbox Game Pass for Console member, join or upgrade today.

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
you know GOLD is trash when darkwood is one of the few best offer on GOLD.

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
The funny thing is that XBL Gold is basically $100 nowadays. I heard you cant buy the $60 yearly membership anymore and the cheapest option is the 3 months for $24.99.

MS basically running a scam right now.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Holy shit. First good month in probably years. I always wanted to try Darkwood but too cheap to pay $10-20.

It’s like a scratch ticket. Every once in a while you win $5!

Roberts

Holy shit. First good month in probably years. I always wanted to try Darkwood but too cheap to pay $10-20.

It’s like a scratch ticket. Every once in a while you win $5!

Trüberbrook was a pretty cool game in March.

Anyway, I checked some videos of Darkwood and it seems like a cool game. Will try.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
The funny thing is that XBL Gold is basically $100 nowadays. I heard you cant buy the $60 yearly membership anymore and the cheapest option is the 3 months for $24.99.

MS basically running a scam right now.
What happened to the yearly discount bundles? They don't do those anymore?

NickFire

I'd love to see the job description for whoever is responsible for curating the Gold selections. My guess is either "passive aggressive insult comic" or "porta potty connoisseur."

LordCBH

Kyle Mooney Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

MS really should discontinue the Games with Gold service if this is the best they can do. Not wasting my Xbox’s storage space on this trash lol

NickFire

Kyle Mooney Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

MS really should discontinue the Games with Gold service if this is the best they can do. Not wasting my Xbox’s storage space on this trash lol

According to the below post, they are now charging $100 to $120 for paid online and these offerings.

Nope. you cant buy more than 3 months at a time. They have the monthly option which is $10 so that comes out to be $120 a year. Or you can do the 3 month option which is $25. It's a stealth price increase that is classic Microsoft.

That is insane. Where is the media and why aren't they being called out and raked over the coals for this?

LordCBH

According to the below post, they are now charging $100 to $120 for paid online and these offerings.

That is insane. Where is the media and why aren't they being called out and raked over the coals for this?

Wtf lol. MS, just discontinue it and roll it into GPU.

Considering that Gold was a pure MP pay service and MS only added games because Sony forced them to do so, it is kinda still a deal that is okay, if you subscribed for its original purpose and don't think paying for MP is odd to begin with. If you are there for the games, you kinda missed that those transitioned to GP.

Top Bottom